“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Panama City
Alabama
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I were in Panama City on business. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean. There were lots of children, so it was a bit noisy at times. That was probably due to the timing of our stay. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We only stayed one night, but check-in and out was great. The room was larger than expected and clean. The hallways were inside and it felt like one of those higher priced hotels. The morning buffet was adequate. Great to have been ale to bring the pup!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I previewed this hotel on Trip Advisor and I wish someone had warned me that the hotel runs alongside a very active train track and a noisy intersection. I had no idea how many people own motorcycles in Panama City until my first night in the hotel. Overall, the property is clean, the beds are comfortable and the swimming pool and jacuzzi were great. However, the local train would come through usually each night around 12:00 am, 3:00 am and 6:00 am making it impossible to get any type of restful sleep.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We just returned from Panama City yesterday and stayed at this hotel. We chose this hotel because it had a private room with a King bed however when we got there we found out that the King suite has a see through door!!! We had to drape a sheet over the door each night to have our privacy. :-( The rooms were really nice and spacious. This is also a pet friendly hotel however we didn't bring out little guy with us this time. The staff was very friendly and even let us swim as long as we liked as long as the noise level was kept down. Our kids (ages 8 and 11) traveled with us and absolutely love it!!!!! This hotel is not right on the beach but right down the road from it. One HUGE drawback to the beach was the jellyfish. I'm not sure what the deal is with Panama City the beach close to this hotel had a ton of them. We stayed in Destin last year and I didn't see none in the water. The water is beautiful and many folks swam but I didn't feel comfortable. I saw at least 30 small ones (about the size of your hand) and it freaked me out. Nobody complained of being stung though. Back to the hotel, the breakfast was just okay. They stop making it around 0830 so if you get down there at 0840 don't expect anything including waffle mix. The lady REFUSES to make anything else stating "breakfast ends at 9 so I'm not making anymore". Crazy right! If it ends at 0900 then you should be able to eat until 0900 and then she stops making food! Not here...but Burger King is a stones throw away. Just be advised...

Room Tip: Note that the King suite has a clear see through door. Not much for privacy but the problem can be...
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Customer service is HUGE! It is a BIG DEAL! I have planned SEVEN nights at your hotel and I made my reservations in FEBRUARY -- I was guaranteed a microwave and a fridge through our reservation block -- and all you can tell me is that you will see what you can do but it is highly unlikely AND you are rude to me!

I was hoping I would not have to write this about a hotel where I was residing for SEVEN nights.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great rooms and service for the price. Friendly staff and close to mall and eateries. I had a group of 15 people 8 Girl Scouts and 7 adults. The hotel staff helps us to find kid friendly activities and help us make reservations to restaurants and purchase tickets to events.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City? Share your experiences!