“Not Bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hathaway Inn

Save Saved
You added Hathaway Inn to your Saves list
Hathaway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5126 W US 98, Panama City, FL 32401 (Formerly Sleep Inn Panama City)   |
Ranked #24 of 33 hotels in Panama City
Columbus, Georgia
“Not Bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

My company requires that I stay at properties that accept CLC....some of which are not so great. I was surprised at how nice this property was. Although small, it had everything I needed. The location is good with easy access to the Hathaway bridge leading into Panama City Beach. The staff was very helpful. The only compalints I have is 1. the exterior lights (parking lot) were not on thereby creating a very dark lot and 2. the breakfast was very limited (nothing hot as advertised). Overall, this was a good experience and I will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is the second time that I and my fiancée stayed at this location. The first time was as follows: We arrived late from Atlanta and drove around looking for a room at a great price. The young lady at the service desk allowed us to view the room and my fiancée was pleased with it (and she rewarded me with a kiss on the cheek). We were able to settle in the room within 10 minutes top. The hotel spaces for smoking and non-smoking guest floors are well segregated. Upon entering the room, you have a desk for reading, a great flat screen (since I do not own one), nice quite air-condition, and other room amenities. The shower is in a bathroom with a sliding door. The view of the shower and restroom area revealed it to be well maintained. I did not notice any cracks or unsightly features in the room. My fiancée was very pleased with the selection (again did good in comparison to my earlier report in Irondale). The next morning we went to the breakfast area where we found hot and cold items (and I got my eat on). The staff was pleasant and kept the breakfast items coming up to 9:30 am. (wish I would have slept a little later). We returned to the room and slept for about two hours before meeting the wedding planner. We met our wedding planner in the breakfast area where we were not scheduled. Nevertheless, Theresa (staff person) made us feel at home (she was terrific) and held off some of her cleaning until we were done. I applauded the effort that the staff provided and look forward to have this location added as room block for our wedding guest on August 25, 2012. Great Job to all the staff at this Sleep Inn Quality Inn.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great location and excellent room with good service. Parking is good and secure. Rates are very good.Plenty of restaurants are close by also the mall is very close. of course the beach is not far either

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Biggest complaint was the smell. The carpet needs to be cleaned because it smelled like a wet dog. There was mold in the bathroom and on the bathroom shower curtain. I feel like it could have been an okay hotel if it had been cleaned properly. Also, had loud AC that cut on and off all night!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Surfers Paradise, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Must be the only hotel in Panama city with no in room wifi. Clean and small rooms but the bath tap had only hot or boiling hot water, so had to change rooms late after a long drive. Overpriced for more than $100 per night.

Room Tip: Take a high floor room which is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Decent clean place to stay for a short trip. About 10 mins to the beach and attractions. Rooms have no frills but are clean. Microwave and fridge were fine. The bathroom/shower are tiny but water pressure and hot water are plentiful. Great stay for a budget hotel!

• Stayed July 2012
Pensacola, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Due to last minute reservations, we could find nothing around the 4th of July on the beach. Sleep Inn was available and we got reservations there. The facilities were clean and the folks there at check-in were friendly and helpful. My biggest gripe would be paying over $100 for a basic budget hotel, but I guess they charge what the market bears. We got up late for our appointment and rushed to get out. Morning clerk forgot to give me my card, but made no attempt to get the card back (told her we would be in the room another 30 minutes). Fortunately I went to gas up at the station beside the hotel and missed the card. Got to get demerits for that!

Room Tip: Due to location, probably not a good beach vacation pick. For a few dollars more you can be on the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hathaway Inn? Share your experiences!