“Took a bunch of mine & friends money.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hathaway Inn

You added Hathaway Inn to your Saves list
Hathaway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5126 W US 98, Panama City, FL 32401 (Formerly Sleep Inn Panama City)   |
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Panama City
“Took a bunch of mine & friends money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

I came & stayed here for spring break 2012. The owners are some Indian people & were so RUDE. We asked for new sheets & they threw a fit about it. We are supposed to get new sheets daily, Correct? When we walked in there was 5 of us, room was only set up for 2. We ordered it off priceline & no where did it say it cost more per person or that there was a deposit. $100 deposit at that. Totally caught off guard. We gave the $100 & when it was time to leave they tried to take our whole deposit. We of course argued got $60 of it back. They tried to charge us $100 for having DIRT on the sheets. Pointed out the most random things. maybe if we got our sheets cleaned & changed once a day they wouldn't have been dirty. service was horrible I do not blame it on the maid service but more of the owners. VERY RUDE. Their employees were more then scared of them also. They told us they were unable to do somethings for us because they could get into trouble.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Murphy, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We visited the Sleep Inn on Front Beach Road in Panama City Beach, Fl with our little Yorkie in December 2011 and stayed 4 nights. This was the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in! I can't say enough good words about the hotel and the entire crew of people that work there.

The hotel is only 3 years old and is walking distance to several places with a zoo being just across the street, BINGO parlor just one mile away and of course the beach is only a short drive. This is also a great place to walk!

We will definitely stay here again and are already planning another trip in Feb or May 2012.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lawrenceville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

1st off the owners reinvest very little into the property and it shows it's age. The decor hasn't been updated since 1995. The rooms are extremely small and the bath rooms lack a bath tub which was an inconvenience for our family as we have several very young children. The pool area is littered with cigarette butts. The grass in the rear of the hotel needed to be mowed. We discovered that my mother in laws door would not lock. We contacted the front desk a they advised they could have someone look at in the morning. The owner acted as though this was only a minor issue the following day. We initially booked for 2 nights. We promptly made reservations at another hotel. The $100 a night for a queen which was a full sized bed & the $114 a night for a 2 queen room was grossly overpriced. They should reduce the price to $59.99. Stay elsewhere!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

This was exactly what I was looking for - Cheap, Clean, and close enough to the strip. There is nothing fancy about this hotel, but nothing I can say thats bad either. There is a main road behind the building, but with the AC on I didnt hear much noise. I would recommend this if you are looking for a low cost room. They offered a nice small breakfast in the morning. and the staff is very friendly!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

Neighborhood behind this hotel is not safe. I had learned after my night stay that there was a rap previously. (Great to know after the fact, but it confirms how unsafe I felt in this hotel).
The bed was so horrible--hard, The comforter was scratchy--the kind you don't want to sleep with because you don't know who else has slept with it. The "Morning Melody" (continental breakfast) was horrible--stale bread, waffle maker that didn't work (I don't know if it was the batter or the maker), watered down coffee.
In a nut shell--don't stay here!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Hartford, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

This is a very clean place with friendly staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Did not take advantage of the breakfast, so I cannot comment on that. The only flaw I found with this hotel is its location. Our room was on the side next to the railroad tracks and the very busy 23rd St. There sound of traffic was very evident, especially at night when trying to sleep. The train went by the hotel both mornings we were there...around 8-9 AM. If it hadn't been for the noise aspect, this hotel would have been perfect.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I stayed at the Sleep inn off US 98 and actually ended up getting more than what I expected. I was visiting family and had a tight budget to keep, and found that the rate was reasonable through the july 4th weekend. It was my first time traveling in years and I forgot that most hotels will hold the funds charged to your room when you check in (charges will be pending until check-out, after check-out withdrawn a few days later). However, that was a learning experience for an inexperienced traveler so heads up to those who are like me! Anyway the hotel is smaller it only has two floors, but something I appreciated wanting to avoid july 4th wild crowd. My room was very clean with a frig, mircrowave, iron and iron-board are provided. Check in was very prompt and staff was pleasant. Continential breakfast is served everyday from 6:30-9:30AM. There is cold and hot cereal available, danishes, etc. A waffel maker is provided, eggs, and susage. I belive the eggs and susage are pre-cooked but I was glad to eliminate one meal to save money. This hotel is not directly on the beach, and I would recommend people not to stay on the beach especially if they don't like noise. Again this was july 4th weekend so there is plenty of noise from the younger crowd. The hotel is in reasonable distance to the beach and other surrounding resturants to sit down and eat. There is an outdoor pool at the hotel, but I just went to the beach instead. The ocean is spectacular at night time and less crowded, or in the early afternoon hours are good also. Expect LOTS of traffic if you leave the beach in the evening hours. I never went to the beach on 4th of July and if anyone expects to be there, expect bummer to bummer traffic. My room also had high speed internet complimentary and a fabulous walk- in shower, The bathroom is a little tight cause the shower takes up most of the room, but i appreciated it. If traveling with young children it is far enough from noise, yet close enough to take them to the beach where there is plenty to do for all ages (ripleys believe it or not, mini-gulf, go karts, arcades, water parks, etc). Sleep inn is nothing REAL fancy but I was impressed for being on a budget. Try it I had a quiet, reasonable stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hathaway Inn? Share your experiences!