“Nice, clean hotel, a little far from everything” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Panama City
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   207 US Hwy 231 North, Panama City, FL 32003   |
Ranked #9 of 33 hotels in Panama City
South Bend, Indiana
“Nice, clean hotel, a little far from everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in town for ironman Florida. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean. All of our needs were taken care of right away. Safe area. Nice and quiet. A little far from everything. Breakfast was a little sad. Only a few options.

Stayed November 2012

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Consider that this review takes into account that I'm paying only $41 a night and it's off season (November). Also, I only live a couple hours away from here, so I visit Panama City and stay in the area quite often.

I'm staying here now, and I am on my 4th night of a 5 night stay. I chose this place because I'm here to work for the week and I needed a cheap, clean, comfortable, quiet place that had a microwave and a mini-fridge.

Super 8 met all of the criteria perfectly. I haven't heard a single noise from any of the other tenants, the room is made up and cleaned perfectly every day when I return from work, the wi-fi works great, the kind lady at the front desk has been courteous every time I see her, always checking to see if I'm happy with the lodgings and if I needed anything. It has a nice, clean, small pool (but it was too cold out to swim), ample parking, and even though it's on a main thoroughfare (which my window faced), I never heard traffic once.

The downstairs rooms have outside doors... not interior corridors, but the upstairs is all inside. The only drawback I've seen is that there is no elevator, but the abundance of downstairs rooms shouldn't make that a problem for anyone with stair climbing difficulty.

I have yet to eat the breakfast, but staff told me they have the typical continental fare of juices, coffee, milk, bagels, pastries, toast, cereal, and make-own-waffles. I hope to check it out by Friday morning depending on my work schedule but I'm typically a grab-a-piece-of-fruit-and-go kind of guy.

The room I'm in has a queen bed, pretty comfortable, a decent sized desk, the micro and fridge, a place in the corner to hang clothes and included a small, 4-cup coffee maker (and you can use your own real filters in it too) as well as an iron and ironing board.

Bathroom was fine, small but clean and it served it's purpose!

I wouldn't plan a family vacation at the place unless you're just needing really cheap lodging but if you need what I needed, it's the best place I've found for the price. Now, for a long weekend where you're beaching or diving all day and just need a place for your family to shower and sleep, this little hotel is one to consider if you're on a tight budget - only about a 20 minute drive to the beach and even closer to most dive charters on the lagoon.

Feel free to email me through Tripadvisor if you have any questions.

Room Tip: Choose upstairs if available if you don't mind the stairs and want interior corridors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We just finished a five-day stay at the Super8 in Panama City with our two Rat Terriers. The motel is conveniently located on US 231 just a block north of US 98 and it's just a matter of minutes to get to the beach and attractions. The staff--Jim and Lisa especially--were friendly, helpful, and efficient. Our unit was clean, air conditioning great, and we were able to walk our dogs without any hassles. Definitely a great value!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
patelpri17, Manager at Super 8 Panama City, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for staying at "Simply Super" Super 8 Panama City. We appreciate your business. I'm so happy to hear about our great service and clean rooms. That's our intentions and when we hear about it , it's gives us more energy to do more.
TALLAHASSEE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Called for reservation at last minute and was able to secure a room for a modest price even though it was bike week in Panama City. Easy to find. Room appeared clean and the TV picture quality was very good. Wi-fi was fee and speed was good. Only complaint was with the breakfast area where the bathroom door opens directly into the seating area. The smell was very offensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking time out and giving us your feedback about your wonderful stay at Super 8 Panama City. I do apologies for the smell from the guest bathroom in the lobby. We have installed the auto encloser on the door now. We look forward to your next stay at Super 8 Panama City.

Been to Super 8 Panama City? Share your experiences!