“a little over priced” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Panama City
YYC
“a little over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Figured it would be a little cheaper than the city, so decided to stay, found out the next day that Hotels in the city were $10-20.00 cheaper. Very quite room near the back of the hotel. Desk had good suggestions for local restaurants. Disappointed with security back door was open all night

Room Tip: get one near the back, they are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

The guy at the front desk (assuming he was the manager) was very rude, he deactivated our key because he saw an additional guest enter our room and he demanded that we were not allowed to have anyone else on the property other than myself and the other guest who came on the trip with me. After I checked out he asked if I cared if he inspected the room as if we had damaged the room in some way. I was very unhappy with our stay here. It was inconvenient to be so far from the beach, but we chose it anyway due to the price. I will never stay here again, regardless!!!

• Stayed July 2012
dwareham, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Panama City, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
This guest had a reserved a room for two people and claimed only two people on check in.

However, she had four people coming out of her room and coming down for the breakfast in the morning.

We offered to upgrade her to a room with two beds if she was willing to pay for the extra two guests, which she refused.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

After reading the reviews, my boyfriend and I were hesitant to book with this hotel. We ended up doing so because of our vacation budget. We arrived expecting the worst, but instead, we had a pretty great experience!

Our room's AC worked great, we had a fridge, tv, microwave, king bed, hot shower. Our internet worked just fine, even when both of us were using the wireless (no ethernet needed). The man at the front counter (although very chatty) was gracious and helpful. We didn't go in the pool, but from the looks of it, it was clean and just like any other pool I've ever seen.
For just $51 a night, I really can't complain!

However, do not expect $100/nt room amenities for $50/nt. You only get a bar of soap and one shampoo bottle, but if you need more the cleaning ladies were very nice and will give you more if you ask. The breakfast had only carbs like mini bagels, cereal, oatmeal and pastries. There was also coffee and juice.

I suppose there may be new management or the hotel revamped a little bit sometime after the previous reviews were made, because there was really nothing I could complain about this hotel. Its a GREAT value for being just an 8 min drive to the beach and all the night life of PCB!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Elmore, Alabama, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I made the reservation over a week in advance, I then called and told the female front desk clerk that we would have a very late arrival and told her we would pay cash when we got there. She said that was perfectly fine. The day we were supposed to be there I got a call from the hotel and they told me that I have to make a payment right now or they were giving my room away. I explained to them what the female clerk had stated and they basically said they didn't care. I made the payment and again told them we would be getting there very late (i paid for saturday night even though we weren't checking in until early sunday morning). At about 5:30 am the hotel manager called me demanding to know where we were (even though they are open 24 hours). I told him i was only a few minutes away. When I walked in he started shaking his head and was very rude telling me that I should have paid in advance. When i told him what his hotel staff told me he said "so sometimes they are learning that isnt my fault" When is it the customer's fault that your staff is not adequately trained? We checked into the room it was dark and dirty. There were dirty towels hanging in the bathroom behind the door still wet from the previous guest. The wifi signal was so weak that it would only stay connected for about 2 or 3 minutes at a time. I will never again bring my family here. This hotel is 7 miles from the beach and the price and service is not worth it at this dumpy hotel. The staff needs to learn some manners and how to clean a room!

Room Tip: There are several hotels further down for about the same rate or better... stay far away from this p...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I'm outside on the curb with my laptop writing this review for you.

Why outside?

Because their WIFI signal is so weak it can't reach inside the rooms.

I canceled all but my first night.

Working WIFI is a no-brainer.

When will these cheap inn keepers realize that spending a little money up front will garner repeat customers?

If I have to go outside to latch on to your weak WIFI signal, then you get a one-star review.

enjoy.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Panama City? Share your experiences!