“a little over priced” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Panama City
YYC
“a little over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Figured it would be a little cheaper than the city, so decided to stay, found out the next day that Hotels in the city were $10-20.00 cheaper. Very quite room near the back of the hotel. Desk had good suggestions for local restaurants. Disappointed with security back door was open all night

Room Tip: get one near the back, they are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The guy at the front desk (assuming he was the manager) was very rude, he deactivated our key because he saw an additional guest enter our room and he demanded that we were not allowed to have anyone else on the property other than myself and the other guest who came on the trip with me. After I checked out he asked if I cared if he inspected the room as if we had damaged the room in some way. I was very unhappy with our stay here. It was inconvenient to be so far from the beach, but we chose it anyway due to the price. I will never stay here again, regardless!!!

• Stayed July 2012
dwareham, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Panama City, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
This guest had a reserved a room for two people and claimed only two people on check in.

However, she had four people coming out of her room and coming down for the breakfast in the morning.

We offered to upgrade her to a room with two beds if she was willing to pay for the extra two guests, which she refused.
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

After reading the reviews, my boyfriend and I were hesitant to book with this hotel. We ended up doing so because of our vacation budget. We arrived expecting the worst, but instead, we had a pretty great experience!

Our room's AC worked great, we had a fridge, tv, microwave, king bed, hot shower. Our internet worked just fine, even when both of us were using the wireless (no ethernet needed). The man at the front counter (although very chatty) was gracious and helpful. We didn't go in the pool, but from the looks of it, it was clean and just like any other pool I've ever seen.
For just $51 a night, I really can't complain!

However, do not expect $100/nt room amenities for $50/nt. You only get a bar of soap and one shampoo bottle, but if you need more the cleaning ladies were very nice and will give you more if you ask. The breakfast had only carbs like mini bagels, cereal, oatmeal and pastries. There was also coffee and juice.

I suppose there may be new management or the hotel revamped a little bit sometime after the previous reviews were made, because there was really nothing I could complain about this hotel. Its a GREAT value for being just an 8 min drive to the beach and all the night life of PCB!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I'm outside on the curb with my laptop writing this review for you.

Why outside?

Because their WIFI signal is so weak it can't reach inside the rooms.

I canceled all but my first night.

Working WIFI is a no-brainer.

When will these cheap inn keepers realize that spending a little money up front will garner repeat customers?

If I have to go outside to latch on to your weak WIFI signal, then you get a one-star review.

enjoy.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We won't be coming back to this hotel after how we were treated by the staff. When we checked in there was a miscommunication between corporate and the hotel that resulted in my credit card not being charged.

Instead of trying to explain what happened the desk worker decided to scream rate codes at me demanding to know how I booked such a good rate from daysinn.com. She then tried to charge us $15 dollars a night for a second person, even though we booked a rate that allowed two people. BE ADVISED THERE ARE SIGNS POSTED IN THE ROOM THAT STATE THE FEE IS $10 A PERSON NOT $15.

She let us in the room to wait for the manager, then decided to scream at us again from the side door as we unloaded the car. We tried calling Days Inn corporate and after three unhelpful representatives one finally understood the problem and was able to explain the situation to the desk worker.

In the end we were charged the original rate and because a technical problem I didn't know about on daysinn.com didn't charge my card we paid at the hotel.

Customer service issue aside, the room was drab and dark and the continental breakfast was adequate, but could have used a few extra items. You'll probably need more towels because we only found two in the room.

There are a lot of hotels in the area, you can do better elsewhere for similar money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Panama City? Share your experiences!