“Facility needs an upgrading” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City

You added Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City to your Saves list
Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3602 W Hwy 98, Panama City, FL 32401 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Panama City
Adelaide, Australia
“Facility needs an upgrading”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Accomodation was booked and specifically stated as a non smoking room and paid for in full in Australia. Upon arrival we were confronted with being forced to allow them to take a photo copy of my American Express Card that has my security code number on it because we may smoke in the room. I was given a key that did not fit the door of the room allocated. Another room was then allocated and it turned out to be not satisfactory. I will leave it there as the entire premises needs to be refurbished. Naturally not being to USA for 45 years and living over 10,000 miles away meant we would test a few hotel price range groups on this 42 day trip as we will be returning this year in Aug/Sept/Oct (air fares already paid) for 46 nights. This stay along with another Comfort Inn stay means for our requirements we are better served by any one of the three higher priced groups.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Scottsboro, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2015

Shan and Wil are excellent workers hustling to ensure that my stay(s) are way above the average. The two of them made me feel as if we were all family. Rooms were expansive and clean. An attractive and calming setting for me to do my daily paper work. Microwave and fridge completed the sense that this was a little 'piece of my own world'.

Room Tip: Third floor dedicated to smokers.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
PanamaCityHotel, General Manager at Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City, responded to this review, January 16, 2015
Thank you so much for choosing us while in Panama City and taking time to write about us! Ww take pride in the service we provide and your great comments about the friendliness of our staff really shows it. I am thrilled to hear that you have found our newly renovated rooms enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Safe Travels,
K.C.
Montgomery, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

This hotel is clean and quiet. There is a nice Guest laundry located in an open room at the end of the hallway on the first floor. Breakfast was good but had to wait on items to be cooked and/or replenished. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, and the amenities most adequate. Hotel staff was friendly and hospitable.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your recent review on your stay here at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Panama City. We appreciate your time to let us and others know about your recent stay.
We appreciate your kind words about our staff. I am thrilled to hear that you have found our newly renovated rooms clean and comfortable. We take pride in our New Hot Breakfast. I am sorry that you had to wait for some items to be replenished. Please give us another opportunity to provide stellar service in our breakfast room. We look forward to your future stay with us!

Safe Travels,
K.C.
St. Petersburg, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

I'll start by saying the woman who took my Reservations was also working the front desk at check in. Very friendly and helpful. I chose this location based on the fact that it was close to St. Andrews Marina and the hotel offered and in-room hot tub. The room was very reasonably priced (under $90) and the bed was comfortable. I had to laugh at the sight of the Jacuzzi: A giant kitchy red heart-shaped tub surrounded by mirrors. Still! That was fun! Wine, candles, mirrors...who cares what the tub looks like!
Where things went downhill was the customer service following check in. The woman working the front desk when we came in for the evening was rude, wouldn't even look up and say "Good evening" in return when we walked by. Once I got to the room, I called back to the desk to ask for a late check out. The phone rang off the hook. I threw clothes back on and walked down the hall. Still without looking up, she asked "What time?" when I asked for a late check out. I asked tentatively "1p?"
"Okay" was her flat reply.
The next morning, we were still fast asleep when housekeeping came by just before 11am HAMMERING on the door. She would have walked in except I had the privacy latch hooked. A few minutes later, she comes back hammering again and shouting "HOusekeeping!" I get up and answer the door and she immediately launches in "Check out is at 11am..."
Yes, but I asked last night for a late check out...
She keeps going...
I actually had to "shush!" her! I mentioned the late check out again and she said "Okay" and wandered off.
As I was drifting back to sleep, the phone rings. Front Desk. Check out is at 11am she starts...Again, I said "Whoever was working the desk at 2am said that we could have a late check out". What time? 1pm. Okay.
Thirty minutes the phone rings again...REALLY???
There are probably five cars in the whole parking lot, it's off-season, we didn't check in until 7p the previous night...let me sleep!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

The comfort brand of hotels seems to be the more upmarket brands of Choice Hotels, and this one was no exception. Extremely comfortable, and for what it is, extremely good value. There really is nothing to complain about with this little gem. I could say how clean the establishment was, how well it was run, and how the beds were so comfortable, but I won't. Suffice to say next time I'm through this neck of the woods, this is where I will be staying.
Highly recommended!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Ocala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Recently spent a week in Panama City, FL at this hotel. My wife and I usually stay with Holiday Inn however on this occasion there were no rooms available so we stayed here. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with the level of comfort not to mention the hospitality and homey feeling the staff displayed. This visit was for a funeral and the staff was great ! Very thoughtful and courteous... Thank you for your thoughtfulness ! GOD Bless !

Stayed October 2014
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

The front desk folks, the housekeeping staff should all get 5 stars - excellent service from these lovely people. The room, however, is a different story. Carpet dirty, dirty, dirty. Room was clean - except for the nasty carpet. Bathroom was needs some major work - big hole in the sheetrock caused by the shower leaking out past the shower curtain. Bathtub in desperate need of new caulk. The kicker is that there are SMOKING ROOMS in this hotel. I had a non-smoking room, but you can still smell smoke (ugh-o) in the hotel. Breakfast was okay - the usual, DIY waffles, cold cereal, yogurt, precooked eggs, sausage, bagels, bread, etc. I can not imagine why I saw 3 stars for this place. I'd give it two at the most. Bed very comfortable. Pool was out of commission due to "service issues". Not terrible, just don't expect anything even remotely special. DON'T let your bare feet hit that carpet!!

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms on the upper floors - they are smoking rooms and smell is awful!!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn And Suites Panama City? Share your experiences!