“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Panama City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Had a last minute stay with my wife, check in was at 1, they let us check in at 10:30. Very friendly and helpful staff. Bed was comparble to a tempurpedic. Room was very clean. Room service was fast and good. Free Shuttles to airport & Beach. Overall wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Had a brief one night stay at this hotel, and overall was a nice stay. The hotel is centrally located, with plenty of restaurant choices and shopping nearby. Lobby was clean and front desk staff was polite. We stayed in a regular king room, and found it to be clean, comfortable and modern, and we appreciated the free, quick WiFi. The bed was quite comfortable, and even though our room was right near the elevators, it was nice and quiet. My only complaint was that I forgot an item in my room, and didn't discover this until I arrived home. I was in town for several hours after I checked out and had the staff called me about the item I could have returned to get it and avoided my family having to pay to ship it back to me. That issue aside, I would be happy to stay here again on my next visit, but I would be sure to check and recheck the room before leaving!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Our family of five spent four nights in a junior suite and overall I was pretty impressed. The suite was adequate with a comfortable king bed and flat-screen TV and a separate living room area with a desk, pull-out sofa and additional flat-screen TV. The room also had a mini fridge and a microwave. The Hilton web site is very vague about what amenities each room has - had to call the hotel directly to find out if we would all fit and if there was a fridge! Overall, the room was just big enough for our family. Everything was clean and nice.

The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. The night desk staff in particular was great - always greeting us with a smile. The cookie basket became a nightly treat for our family after a long day at the beach. Housekeeping was exceptional - the room was always cleaned well and the one day when I left a note requesting the bedding be changed, it was taken care of (always tip the housekeepers!) Another staff member saw me filling up our big cooler with my little ice bucket the night before we left and offered to fill the cooler up for us in the kitchen. Lots of above and beyond service like that here!

Things that were less impressive: The breakfast was just OK. We only tried it one morning. $9 per adult, the kids ate free. I had an omelet that tasted dry (not sure what sort of egg product went into it). My wife had a waffle that also just didn't taste right. But again, the waitress was great, as was the cook. We also used the pool just once and it was on the small side.

Things I would change: Where were the brochures for all the things to do around Panama City and PCB? This hotel definitely caters to business, which maybe is to be expected given the location. But brochures/local maps etc. would definitely be a nice addition. Also, as someone who works in the hotel industry, I found it odd that no photo I.D. was required at check-in or when I requested extra room keys a few days in to our visit. I thought this was standard security procedure and it made me a little nervous that I.D. wasn't checked.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and would probably stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Negative reviews are my least favorite to write. This is especially true if I am not angry about some specific incident(s).

In this case, I just have to report our sleep experience (which is after all, very important). Our bed felt like an elephant had slept in it. My side sagged right were my backbone is suppose to go. My wife reported her side was also uncomfortable. We arrived back to our room late and did not realize the problem until we were crawling into bed. Too late to change room, plus they were full if I am not mistaken so I don’t know to where we could have moved.

Overall this is a very nice place, relatively new and we’ve stayed here before (rating it very high). I recommend they flip the mattress in room 313 or else replace it. Since ours may be the exception, reviewers will perhaps call this to their attention on their future says at the hotel. My wife would never agree to return. She holds a grudge.

I would also just like to vent (not the hotel’s fault) about people who hoard the luggage carts in their rooms. We waited 2 hours for one of the two carts to show up and then finally had to move everything to our car a few item at a time, making about 5 trips. We are in our 70’s and my wife just had surgery on her arm. I was pretty tired by the time we got everything packed. Someone should make a small electronic radio to attach to these dang carts so the hotel could find them when a hoarder gets hold of them. Of course, the hotel could have more carts but no doubt there are many more hoarders lurking about.

Room Tip: Just check your bed before you move all your luggage from your car.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and the room was average. The staff was nice and polite. The breakfast was reasonably priced and good. The only con I have is my room smelled like old cigarette smoke. If I would have stayed for more days I would have requested a move.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
pensacola, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This hotel is the BEST. My husband travels frequently to Panama City for business and he always stays at this hotel. He appreciates the comfortable friendly atmosphere. Travello Powells makes the best eggs! He is the chef. He can make an egg over medium better than I can at home. Diana is always there with a welcoming attitude. Slightest situation is always resolved quickly. Thanks Hilton Garden Inn. The rooms are very clean and the beds are super comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I enjoyed staying here but at 4:00 in the morning we heard garbage trucks pulling in to the mall behind us. For the trouble and disatisfaction they refunded us, and there customer servive was amazing! If you are a light sleeper just request to be placed in the front where it is less noisy. Next time we stay there we plan on doing so but we didn't know when we booked the hotel. Also the beds were kinda hard, then again we were on queens. If you like complementery breakfast then your out of luck, as breakfast cost $8:99 per person.

Room Tip: If you sleep light remember to ask for a room not backing up to the mall.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Panama City? Share your experiences!