“15 MINUTES FROM BEACH” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall
Ranked #17 of 33 hotels in Panama City
Atlanta, Georgia
“15 MINUTES FROM BEACH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Very clean hotel. Close to stores such as Walgreens, CVS. Waffle house in front of hotel, right in front of Hwy 98, which is a straight shot to the beach. Gym was simple and functional. Beds were comfortable will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I asked when I walked into this motel for my six day stay if the motel was newly built. I was surprised to hear that it has been here for six years. The motel is very well kept, although in my king room, some wallpaper was beginning to flip down from the walls.

Otherwise, everything about my stay was comfortable and relaxing. Unfortunately I am not much of a "sun" person so didn't take advantage of the pool or spa to relax; but it looked nice!

Breakfast was GREAT, with the traditional Holiday Inn Express cinnamon rolls, pancakes, and the usual fare each morning. Sadie, the breakfast host each day I was there was always cheery and ready to go! She was always willing to take a minute to share and find out who you were and why you were in town. So be sure to say hello to her from Jerry when you stop in here!! She does a great job at keeping things stocked up and if she knows you're leaving early the next morning, she's always happy to package something for you for your next day's travels.

Also, a great location too, right next to Hwy. 98 (1/2 block away), and a Walmart about 1 mile away, a CVS next door and a Walgreens across the street from there. Only a few minutes north of Tyndall Air Force base.

Room Tip: Normally I get a room away from the elevator. Since I got an upgrade due to platinum status, I got...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stay at Holiday Inn's all the time for business travel and like them. This hotel is updated and offers all the amenities you'd expect. What I take issue with is the way the pool is photographed and how it appears online. For this reason I took and have included one of my own. We arrived with our two young swimmer age kids and would have found the pool laughable had it not been such a letdown to my wife and I. I didn't expect a resort style/size pool but bigger than the one we have at home is not an unreasonable expectation. This pool is MAYBE 25x12. You don't stay at Holiday Inn Express loctions for their pool but let's be honest in how we present what is offered to guests.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was horrible. The second floor hallway smelled of urine so bad, we were afraid to breath the air. The room didn't stink as much, until we turned of the air conditioner. We packed up and left after being there for ten minutes. The hotel refused to refund my money. It also had a ton of lizards outside, probably there for the bugs.....

• Stayed July 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Groovygina,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our property. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Arrived for a one night layover. Booked and prepaid 2 rooms. Receptionist called Timon, refused to acknowledge our pre-payment voucher as proof - it wasn't on his computer. His response was consistent - a shrug of his shoulders.After driving 500 miles I suggested a solution - one that he ought to have provided for us - to allow us to check in and stay, with our credit card details held as a guarantee, then he could call our travel agent in the morning to verify payment etc. After waiting for him to answer several desk telephone calls in the meantime, he reluctantly agreed to this. A sinister exchange occured while we waited at the desk between Timon and an elderly member of housekeeping staff where he challenged her on whether she had cleaned up the rooms properly. Clearly there was animosity there and this left us feeling very uncomfortable.
When we did finally get into our rooms, they were basic but clean.
The next day a different receptionist advised that the payment had been verified.
Glad to say that we were ther only one night - sort your staff out!

• Stayed June 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear aduncana,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Panama City - Tyndall.

I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans do bring you to the area in the future, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Marianna, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We had a baseball tournament and booked about 8 or 9 rooms. I called a few weeks in advance and the hotel staff worked with us on prices and getting us all together. The pool is indoors and very nice!

It was a little disappointing that they didn't have complimentary breakfast, but they do have a restaurant in the hotel. (We didn't eat there so I can't comment on how it was!)

But altogether, we had a great time. The rooms were good, with a fridge and microwave. The kids had fun in the pool, and the service was great!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bessemer, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Me and my friends came here for Springbreak,we were here for a whole week. The jacuzzi was dirty the whole time we were their. Room service would just bust open your door at early hours disturbing your sleep. The lady at the front desk was very rude i dont know her name but she was white and wore glasses. How can a hotel run out of towels? well, this hotel did. So if u come to this hotel bring your own towels, because they dont like giving out extra!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Neshia N,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. I would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ben J
IHG Care

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Panama City - Tyndall? Share your experiences!