“Good” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Lynn Haven, Florida, United States
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have eaten here several times since moving to Panama City. The food is average. I love the fried pickles.. More or less we go for the atmosphere of eating on the water

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Panama City, Florida
“Manager Exudes Unprofessionalism”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Salty Hawg is part of the Shrimpboat and Gracie Rae's in Historic St. Andrews in Panama City, Florida. After living her for 12 years my friend and I decided to try out the Salty Hawg. Our first issue was they were out of a lot of their menu items. Supposedly, they had a big wedding the other night and ran out of a lot of their food. Unfortunately, this really narrowed down the menu. The food was mediocre. After dinner, we decided to order some key lime pie. The key lime pie were were told was hand made in their kitchen. After waiting quite some time for our key lime pie, it came out. The key lime pie was frozen and the crust must have been petrified and dated prehistorically because we could not break it apart. They offered to bring us another slice, but then we were told they were out of key lime pie. We inquired about other desserts and said they were all out of those as well. That being said, we asked to speak to a manager and our sever came back and told us the manager was not there. I asked for the managers contact info and was given the manager's number. He called me back and left the most unprofessional voice mail I have ever heard, He said he was in the kitchen and there was nothing he could do for us us and that I was extremely childish and immature for even contacting him. I was blown away. I returned he called and asked him to please stop by our table he reiterated that I was extremely childish and immature and hung up on me. Our server then admitted the manager requested he tell us he was not there. When we received the bill they had the audacity to still charge for the inedible key lime pie. We insisted they take it off the bill. Thankfully, they did do that. I am shocked that this type of person is managing what is supposed to be a nice and reputable establishment. My friend and I will never go back based on the treatment we received. I recommend everyone find another restaurant, with caring managers to spend their hard earned dollars.

• Visited May 2013