“Best in town by far!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Lynn Haven, Florida
“Best in town by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I love ALL of the Sicilian food. Their specials are great. The salads are fresh & crisp spring mix & house dressing extraordinary. Desserts are delish! With the large portions you may want to eat dessert first... I have.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ft Walton Beach, FL
“A great find I'll visit again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Looking for a non-touristy restaurant and chose this place based on the reviews on Urban Spoon. It was EXCELLENT. Very homey with attentive service and delicious food. We had the special "Two can dine for $19.99." For this price we each received a large salad with homemade dressing, a fresh hot breadstick and a large serving of pasta. I had manicotti; my husband had spaghetti bolognese. They were both delicious and served piping hot. Ingredients taste "real" with simple freshness shining through. We had enough leftovers for lunch another day -- a real bargain for such quality food. Don't let the strip mall location put you off. This little gem is obviously well-loved by family owner-operators; it's very clean and hospitable. We will definitely visit again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

I had eaten here previously, and had enjoyed the eggplant Parmesan. Unfortunately the chicken piccata was a great disappointment. I was immediately put off by the blanket of capers. I have had this dish in other restaurants, and have made it myself many times, using capers as a garnish, not a main ingredient. The sauce had hardly any lemon flavor at all, and even tasted as though it had been made with bottled lemon juice. When I complained about the sauce the waitress explained that it was an "acquired taste". The chicken was a bit tough, and I suspect that it came from a package.

florida
“Good basic Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Visited with the wife, had heard from a friend the pizza was good. Decor is standard "little italian restaurant in America".

We both had pasta. Her spaghetti bolognese and my chicken alfedo were both good, but nothing to make us think we were back in Italy. Mine came with a house salad which was some iceberg lettuce, a tomato wedge, and 2 slivers of carrot. Dressing was "italian", and it too was okay. It was happy hour, so I got 2 glasses of house red wine for $5. Nothing earthshaking, but then again you don't want to sip fine wine with basic pasta. (At least I don't)

Portions were large, had enough left over to take home and eat next day. Don't take that as gospel; I see lots of people scarf down any portion put in front of them. But good size portion, you'll either leave full or with leftovers.

AND - the staff was very friendly. Overall, a nice little place. I will go back, to see how the pizza is.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manitoba
“Italian cuisine at it's finest!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Try anything on the menu and you will never be disappointed. Last night I had the Shrimp Scampi....plump, juicy shrimp, sauce that was flavourful, and perfectly cooked pasta. I finished off with the cheesecake bread pudding...which I must say was like heaven in a bowl. Authentic fresh ingredients and pride of the chef is evident.

• Visited September 2011