“A good experience away from the touristy stops on PCB” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 266 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“A good experience away from the touristy stops on PCB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

I ran into a guy who was born and raised Panama City. He told me to get away from young kids cruising, tourists and the beach and come across the bridge to St Andrews and try Captains Table. As I come here to PCB year after year, I get bored with the same stops. So i find myself going over to St Andrews for dinner more often.

Capt. Table was a good experience. Mom and pop feel and atmosphere. Oysters were great. Shrimp and.scallops, grilled sauteed very good. Food was good but felt the price was no better than on the beach. I was told it was more reasonable but not sure about that. With that said, I will going back to St Andrews for another dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stephensburg, Kentucky, United States
“BETTER THEN PW'S”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is the kind of reaturant I have been looking for while on vacation in Panama, great food & reasonable in price. My whole family enjoyed their food. We had already tried Pineapple Willies, which I was told later by a local that it was just a tourist trap & I agreed.We got a lot more food at the Captain Table & at a fraction of the cost compared to PW's. We will go here everytime we come back to Panama.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
WESTERN GROVE
“tourist trap....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Poor service
small portion
over price. on top of that the oysters was several days old. obviously had been open far in advance causing them to be dried up. not going back there again. panama city should be ashamed!

Visited July 2012
“All around great! Great food and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

We tried to eat at Hunts twice and the wait was too long to dine with three kids. Drove past Hunts and found Capt's Table! So thankful to happen upon it! The Cajun baked oysters are amazing! Tried the hush puppies after reading others reviews, very good! Lots of choices for the kids too! All around great place and we had a really great waitress too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Georgia
“Excellent food away from the tourist area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Excellent food, fresh seafood and prices are good. This is long established restaurant. Not fancy, but excellent. We will definitely go back.

Visited July 2012