“Worst hotel EVER!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 33 hotels in Panama City
Cumming, Georgia
“Worst hotel EVER!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our only option for a place to stay during our last trip. The room wasn't cleaned. There were dirty personal items in the trash, band-aides stuck on the comforters and absolutely no towels. We feared for our life the whole time we were there and I would never recommend this hotel ever.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
AQL-Management, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
As then new General Manager, I deeply regert your being negatively affected for your safety to the point of causing you concern and a negative perception of our hotel. I am working hard with my staff to ensure your experience is not repeated and that of all our guest have a clean and safe room during they're stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to advise me of your concerns.

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Perry fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this motel for one night. It was suppose to be the last room available. From looking at the pictures I was happy with this room. And it was only 86$. When we got to the room, I was disgusted! Very disgusting! Trash and filth everywhere. The room was NOT the room I seen in the photos. I talked to the lady in the office and she tells me there is nothing she can do that had to put me in one of the rooms that was a weekly. Do not stay here!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
First let me apologize for the problems you had while you were at our motel. We are currently in the process of remodeling in to fix the issues you discussed. I have also had a meeting with my housekeeping staff to try and ensure they are doing a quality job. Again I apologize, and thanks for bringing these issues to my attention.
Dunwoody, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place is average but it was the best price. Room was clean and had a microwave & little fridge. The pool was great and I liked that there is a laundry room close to the lobby. The people next door loud for a few minutes but it was brief. Probably stay again.

Room Tip: Close to pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AQL-Management, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
We thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our Hotel. We are so glad that you were able to take some time and enjoy our pool, while you were with us. We hope that you will be able to come back and visit with us, as we look forward to seeing you and yours again real soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I have been staying here for a short time i dont understand why all the bad comments because i enjoyed staying here the lodge i stayed in was nice it was on the backside of lodges it was alittle out dated but i liked the facted that it had a full kitchen and everthing worked. And the staff are. Awesome. Very helpfull. The GM tammy was very nice and she was very good with my kids and she loves all pets and i have told all my family to come here. And stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AQL-Management, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I can not thank you enough for your lovely comments regarding our hotel.

We do have long term guests which stay with us for an estimated 26,700 room nights a year. We do feel that we MUST be doing something correct if all of these people renew their stay with us week after week. Your review is a breath of fresh air for us all.

Thank you for mentioning that we accept and love pets. All pets registered receive ID tags (just in case Fido or Fluffy get out-we know in which room they belong) and our Canine Pet Parents receive a Poo Bag Holder and Bags (so that Fido can do his or her 'business' and all can be picked up and not offend another guest)

The Children at our hotel all refer to me as 'Ms Tammy' and they are a lovely bunch. They are a great group of children, very respectable. I so appreciate them.

I, thank you again for your comments regarding your long term stay at our hotel. We hope that should the need arise, that you will come back and stay with us again. Thank you again so very much for your comments.
Chamblee, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel isn't a Holiday Inn but it pretty what we expected. They were by far the cheapest hotel in the area and they accept pets. The staff was friendly and the room was decent for the money. It had a frigerator, microwave and stove top. The room was clean but it was it is probably time to clean the carpet. The pool was nice and so was the coin laundry. The hotel was busy so it was hard to find a parking spot right outside our door. Overall, not bad.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AQL-Management, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
We would like to thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. Your lovely comments are greatly appreciated by all of our departments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your room and stay with us. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again in the future.
Tallahassee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I was checked out of my room because I took my clothes with me and did not leave them in the room. When I went back to my room someone else had been put in that room. I was moved to rm 118 which was so musty smelling couldn't stay there then was moved to another room which had roaches everywhere! Then finally moved to an acceptable room. Keep in mind I had three children with me during all this moving and was not compensated for my time and loss of items that were left in the first room including my diabetic medicine which was in the fridge. Very upset to say the least.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We are so very glad that this past week, you were able to come back and stay with us a second time.

We do apologize for the misunderstandings regarding the room you were in, the first time you stayed with us. This is not something that normally happens at this hotel. We do understand how you must have felt during your stay with us and we have put safeguards in place to ensure that this situation will not happen again.

Thank you for giving us a second chance to show you how nice a stay at our hotel can be.
We hope that with your most recent stay that your opinion of us, and our hotel, has changed and that we will be seeing more of you and your children in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

As we enter the room their was a disturbing smell. When I was ready to get in the pool their was a dog inside. The pool wasn't clean at all. There was a rat in the room. The restrooms were gross. The Ceiling tiles were leaking.

• Stayed May 2014
AQL-Management, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
We are sorry that when you were here one of our guests had put their dog in our pool, they have been strongly spoken to and all can rest assured that this person will never do something like that again. Our Pest Control company is very good about making sure that we are rodent and pest free. I have looked through our log books and see no report of any rooms being reported as having a rodent. I do hope that you reported these issues to our Front Desk so that we could have had the opportunity to correct any issues you may have had while you were here with us.

Been to American Quality Lodge Panama City? Share your experiences!