“The worst dump in panama” 1 of 5 stars

You added American Quality Lodge Panama City to your Saves list
American Quality Lodge Panama City
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4810 W Hwy 98, Panama City, FL 32401   |
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Panama City
“The worst dump in panama”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

As soon as I opened the door it smelled horrible thank god I had febrezze in my car. I sit in my car for a feww while the room aired out. The maids were smoking weed. Prostitutes were running back and forth one woman about banged a door down. A man was burning a tire on the back of his truck. My mother was tired and she is hanicaped she went in to go to bed but could not even sleep because people were outside of our door being loud. It was a total waste of money. When I reported to the office they refused a refund and didnt even offer an apology. They should call it the no quality lodge.

• Stayed September 2013
valulodge, Public Relations Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Fort Irwin, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room is not ready. The bath and sink are totally filthy. The place is run down. Nothing close to the photos they have online. Not a safe place. Don't have a safe environment. Do not stay here. This should be taken out the search.

Room Tip: This is not a safe and clean place to be in. Very loud. Lots of bystanders.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
valulodge, Guest Relations Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
We're so sorry that the hotel was not up to standards during your visit. Your experience is certainly not typical and we are very embarassed by your review. We can only hope that you might give us another try.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Hi... I am a resident of MS but booked this hotel through bookit.com. First, if there are any individuals out there like me, who always hopes for the best... do not be fooled!! This is not a hotel that you would WANT to stay in
The pics on the internet are not accurate and the location is horrible!! I felt as though I was in the slums of Panama city!! Do not bring your kids to this hotel! There were people outside smoking and drinking and I didn't feel safe at all. Finally, to the owner(s), you guys should be ashamed! The locks and the doors were very shaky and the rooms smelled, and are very very old. When I read the review, I assumed that maybe an anger customer just gave a bad review but no, they are all true! Beware of American quality lodge. If you care anything about safety, well being, cleanliness, and security, DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed September 2013
We are very sorry to hear that you experienced many issues that tarnished your stay.. We're very sorry you did not enjoy your stay and do thank you for taking the time to share your feedback so that we have the opportunity to improve. Safe travels!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

i called they had a room i came from GA so my kids could go to the beach for the 1st time ever
i get in around 3am
the woman ran my card told me it didn't go through
that was a lie because
un like other people the woman ck her card and all out going and what do u know $149.08 was taken from it by her so i let her hear it got a room for 2 nites
the next day my door opens uo and here I'm thinking my child that runs just went out nope some one was given a key
that same day before going to the beach i was getting ready. if the maintenance man was 5second before the he would had seen my boos
he asked

WHAT ARE U ALL DOING IN HERE
I SAID I PAYED FOR THE ROOM FOR 2NITES
HE SAID NO U DIDNT
THEY DONT HAVE U IN DOWN AT THE OFFICE
i said then some one will give me my money back
he then demand it that we call the office with him standing right there
i call i was embarrassed mad angry frustrated upset and all the woman said was I needed to calm down
no need to get up set
let that happen to u

this place needs people that know how to do their jobs

• Stayed August 2013
We apologize for the situation regarding your payment and are greatly sorry to have lost your business. It is never our intention to anger a guest or lose business, please accept our apology
Evansville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

When we pulled into the parking lot, we were embarrassed because it was so run-down, and I'm sure we saw drug dealers and prostitutes stomping the parking lot. The door to our room was jammed and we had to put our shoulder into it to open it. When we walked in, the room reaked of bleach. I went to use the bathroom and the toilet was clogged so we had to call maintenance to come fix it. There was also a urine smell on the ground, which we later found out was piss on the floor that wasn't cleaned up. There was a hole in the wall in the bathroom and all the other walls were made of cinder blocks so it made us feel like we were in a prison. The floors were clearly not vacuumed. There was a blood stain on the bed sheets so I opted to sleep on top of the covers under my own blanket from home. Absolutely the most disgusting place I've ever stayed. Not worth the low price. Maybe if I can get everyone to not go there, they will be forced to close down which would be better for everyone.

Room Tip: Do not come here if it's the last thing you do.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and an account of your stay.
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I guest this hotel is a good example of "you get what you pay for". First, the room was not ready as promised. Next the beds were nasty and we had to request new sheets. The carpet were funky looking and the room smelled horrible. And to top it off, they overcharged me for an extra night. I will never stay at this crappy hotel again and i recommend you don't either

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
valulodge, Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We always strive for a pleasurable guest experience while staying at our hotel. I apologize that you weren't happy with your stay!
Stamps, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My boyfriend booked online through Expedia. Online photos looked nothing like it did in person. It was nasty and ran down.
There were police there making an arrest when we got there. We went inside the lobby/game room and found it nasty and falling apart. We tried to get a refund but were not given one for first night. Other nights cancellation were refunded to our card. Lady working there said it happens all the time. Was no place to bring your children. Prostitutes and strip club dancers checking in when we got there. Really questionable crowd partying in parking lot and this was early afternoon. I can't imagine what went on after dark. Don't stay here! Especially if u have children or a lady in the group.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
valulodge, Guest Relations Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
We always strive to meet our guests expectations by providing a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable rate. We are very sorry that we didn't meet your expectations and hope that you will stay with us again and give us another chance. Thank you for your review as we are always trying to meet our guests needs.

Been to American Quality Lodge Panama City? Share your experiences!