“FLEA AND ROACH INFESTED HOOKER HOTSL” 1 of 5 stars

You added American Quality Lodge Panama City to your Saves list
American Quality Lodge Panama City
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4810 W Hwy 98, Panama City, FL 32401   |
Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Panama City
“FLEA AND ROACH INFESTED HOOKER HOTSL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

We pulled up to check in and we all said OMG. There weboricre sheets used as curtains, mattresses and broken tv outside on the ground. The lady at the desk assured us the rooms were cleaned. Went in to find a horrible odor, boric acid on floor for roaches. Reported it to the manager and he apologized. Went to look at about four other rooms on site and they were all horrible. In one room my husband had fleas all over his legs. The housekeeper response was I told them we needed more bug spray. We passed in front of one room and there were cats and dogs all over tbe beds. I wouldn't let my dog stay there. Priceline gave us a refund, but I am definetly calling the health department. I can't believe people stay there. Checked into another high class hotel and was told a previous guess said rats jumped on her at American Quality. That place is a dump and need to be condemed. They smoke in the office so it stinks also. I wouldn't stay there if it was free. Dead roaches on counter top. I wiped down one room with clorox wipes and the clorox sheets were black. Spend the extra money and don't stay there with fleas and prostitutes. You get weekly rates there and you would be surprised of the nasty people hanging around.

• Stayed July 2012
, Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
We are sorry that your opinion of AQL was unpleasant. Please forgive the remodeling that is currently being undertaken. It is our goal here at AQL to please each and every guest that we are able to and to those who are not, we professionally try to make every accommadation possible. Please stop by in the future, we are positve you will have a different impression of AQL.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
cartersville ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

had a nice stay here over the weekend. definate improvement from last year. the owners are working on improving the rooms, it is a slow process but looks like its coming along nicely. not far from the beach. very affordable. would definately stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Awful, never been in a place with people so rude. That's what I hate about hotels these days. Family owned and operated is overrated. I didn't like the rooms we stayed on upper level and the floor was doing the roller coaster. Ceiling had stains it smelled bad and the bathroom was not desirable. Would have rather slept next to a homeless guy. Please pay the extra money and save yourself the trouble. I didn't feel safe and our neighbors never went to sleep it is now 3:00 am and we left the motel.

• Stayed July 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

First of all this is a false advertisement. This hotel looks nothing like the pictures on the internet. The hotel it self is dirty and out dated. This room looks like some thing out of a halfway house. The bed is falling apart I'm only 175 and all most fell through it. The ice machine is falling apart and of coarse does not work. The person at the front desk is extremely slow and she asks you for everything except for your ssn. The pool is very small this hotel is really not. worth your money please save your self from the headache. If u must come here please bring your lysol

• Stayed June 2012
Newnan, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I did not have a good experience at this motel. Its is very nasty and when you walk into the rooms it looks like the ceilings are going to fall down & it has big circle holes in the ceiling. The carpets are very nasty and dirty. There are prostitutes walking around there all throughout the day. The office people are rude and not helpful at all. I was trying to do everything i could do to get my money back, but they were still going to keep my first nights payment so that would have been a waste of money. i will never stay at this motel again. While we were there in three days i had $100 stolen out of my room my sister had two gift cards stolen. I would not reccommend to stay here especially if you have children. And i was told it was only 3-4 miles away from the beach and that is'nt true either. Its close to 15 miles. And yes they do have roaches!!!!!! :|

Room Tip: Rooms on the bottom are a lil better than the ones on top!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Frisco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Front desk clerk is nothing if not slow, rooms are filthy and the whole place gives the feel of a crack house, nasty nasty place, they make the bulk of their money by penalizing people who book on sites like kayak and don't realize how bad it is till its too late. ( front desk clerk gave me a key to an occupied room and let me walk in on half naked people in bed) management not appologetic and charges me a full nights stay on both rooms I have booked.

I did not stay, and needed a thorough shower when I got to the real hotel up the road

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
im very sorry your stay was unpleasent and i have refunded you both nights
Jackson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

this is the kind of place built for extended stays with kitchenettes and a laundry room. The unit was old but clean with a good working air conditioner. The hotel isn't fancy but it does have a pool and a game room. The staff was friendly and they allows pets for a fee. I'd stay there again if intown on a job.

Room Tip: I'd want to be on the front facing the office 7 downstairs too
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to American Quality Lodge Panama City? Share your experiences!