“could have been great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Panama City
Panama City, Florida
“could have been great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I booked this hotel for my sister and brother in law and would normally have rated it fabulous except for one thing - the sensor lights! A great electricity savings went bad as they could not take a shower without ending up in the dark and could not shake their towel at it to start it over again. The next day it got resolved. Everything else great!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 8 nights and everything was darn near perfect. Delicious breakfast with new options each morning, comfy beds, clean EVERYTHING, wonderful pool for the kids, you name it. If I had to find fault, the pool towels seemed to be in constant need of refilling and the breakfast area was pretty tight on space, but these were easily overlooked in a sea of excellence otherwise. Great stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Renee D, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2014

Look forward to seeing you again

Renee' Dunnigan
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for just one night in August after I landed at Panama City Beach airport shortly after 10:00 p.m.

My biggest disappointment about this hotel is that we were not here long enough! I could have lived in our room for a solid weekend and relaxed! I would go back here in a heartbeat for a long weekend, overnight stay or longer. The room was beautifully decorated and all-around comfortable.

There was a sitting area, little sink, microwave and other kitchen-related amenities. The bathroom was a good size and everything was spotless clean.

The hotel staff when we checked out was very courteous and even seemed disappointed that we were checking out already.

This hotel is about a half hour away from any of the beaches, I believe, so check it out on a map before you visit. But, I'd drive the 30 minutes or whatever it is to the beach and stay here for the luxury of it. I really enjoyed this hotel and had never stayed in this particular brand of hotel before, but it certainly has my attention now!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel has great customer service and clean rooms. This is our second time in a couple years to stay at this hotel, and have been pleased with both experiences. Our TV remote did not work, but when I told the hotel rep she quickly replaced it with a working remote in minutes.

We recommend this hotel for a clean affordable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

My group of 14 from Tampa and I spent one night. We found the hotel, staff and accommodations first class. I was not aware of the one hour time differance so our next morning schedule for leaving would have off due to breakfast start time. Crystal, at the front desk, immediately was only to willing to help with a new start time and advise which made our stay all the more enjoyable. Kudos to the staff for making my group stay a great one - I will definitely be staying with you again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Ardmore, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I really enjoyed the stay here. We traveled at the end of August and the beginning of September. The room was clean and the pool area was clean. The staff was very friendly. The first flaw was the breakfast area wasn't big enough. The second flaw was this hotel is located in Callaway, FL. So it was a 30 min. drive to the beach. The bed was great but I slept so hard I woke up sore. Overall great stay and friendly service.

Room Tip: Just do your reviews and detailed search of locations.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Douglasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our check in & check-out was great. Quick & fast! The service was great, especially the breakfast lady, Darlene. She was super nice and helpful. Cuddos, Darlene!

The worst part was the housekeeping. We stayed 3 days and not once did they change our sheets nor did they clean our bathroom. I asked but I dont think they understood english well. I also hate the hotel was so far from the beach. It was about 20-25 mins. away. Next time i will be staying in Panama City Beach near the beach.

But over all. It was a good stay. Would stay again if I ever come back to the area.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!