“WOW!” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 34 hotels in Panama City
“WOW!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We just spent 5 very pleasant nights at this motel. The staff was great, motel was very clean and rooms were furnished with couch, fridge, and microwave. The breakfast menu was great and the server worked hard to keep it all running well. One complaint, the worst wi-if of any motel I have visited, drops this from 5 star to 4 star.

Stayed February 2013

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed at this property past 3 days for a family wedding. I will admit, when I first heard the bridal party and families were staying at a comfort suites, I was quite skeptical. Upon arrival I was immediately impressed with the cleanliness, landscaping, lighting, security measures, etc. Upon entering the lobby I was WOW'd away!!! Gorgeous! Of course, there was still the room yet to see. Assigned room 211 and upon entering room, I was once again blown away! Extremely nice, clean and roomy! Loved the fact that there was even a good sized refrigerator and microwave. Beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and provided a great nights rest! Complimentary breakfast was beyond our wildest expectations with scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, waffles, plus all if the other standard fare at a free breakfast. I must say, the orange juice sucked! It didn't taste like OJ at all. Everyone in our party agreed and we all threw it away. Other than the yuck OJ, everything else was perfect! Will definitely stay here again when visiting the area!

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is one of the best stays I've had at a Comfort Suites to date. The location initially made me nervous, as it is slightly removed from the main Panama City/PCB area and will take a 10-15 minute drive to reach major travel spots. However, there are still plenty of restaurants and other stores in the area to meet your immediate needs. The property itself was excellent and in great condition. The lobby, business center, and room all looked great and modern. The service I received from the staff was phenomenal. The frost desk knew I would be leaving very early for business (before 6 am) and would fall outside of their standard breakfast hours; so I didn't miss breakfast, the staff put together a goody bag, a plate with breakfast items, and a fresh cup of coffee, all of which was waiting for me at the front desk when I left. If I'm in the area again, I will definitely stay at this hotel purely based on the extra effort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I checked in Tuesday morning about 2am. There are 2 things that stand out about this hotel, but noting else. Angela and the property itself. This is what happened. I was charged for a 1 night stay but my reservation was for 2 nights. But that's not really the issue here. The issue is how the staff dealt with the issue. Let's start with Miss Tina. I was on the road heading back to Virginia and I saw that I had a missed call on my cell phone. First off, she didn't identify herself on the call, and I had no idea who I was calling back. So, I called the 850 number back, and then i realized that it was the hotel. In a VERY belligerant tone, Tina said, "You stayed for 2 nights and only paid for one, how did you want to take care of the charges?" I didn't know what she was talking about, because when I checked in, only one night was collected. I had assumed since I checked in so late that they were only charging me for the one night. Tina was so rude and she talked over me, I could hardly get in a word edgewise. Finally, she said I will have a manager call you back. I said, fine. So, a couple days went by and I never got a phone call, so I had assumed that everything was ok. Well, it wasn't. My reservation was for 2 rooms, and Angela charged both rooms for 1 night. the hotel took it upon themselves to charge my friends card not only for her second night, but for my night as well. Not even a courtesy phone call back as I had been promised by Tina a couple days prior.

So, I received a phone call on 9/15/12 from Renee, the General Manager. But she didn't identify herself as Renee, she said this is "Miss (and I don't remember her last name) Why wouldnt she just say her first name? At the hotel on the "Manager on Duty" sign it says Renee, so why would she have to play this game? My phone broke up, and I didn't even have the energy to call her back, because obviously Tina is her protege and Renee talked over me too.

The problem with this hotel, is that they don't listen. It's one thing to stand your ground about a particular situation, and in this situation, YES, the hotel was right, but properly train your employees to do their jobs. Don't make your guests feel like criminals because of a mistake. You guys are in Customer Service, please act like it. It's a shame, because I'm in Panama City often, and you have a great product. On another note, Please train the couple that does Housekeeping that a Do-Not-Disturb sign on the door means just that. You aren't even supposed to knock on a door if it has a DND sign on the door. My other party's room was cleaned despite her having a DND sign on the door.

Overall great property, but horrible customer service. Renee and Tina need a Customer Service 101 class, and also a class in empathy. I have seen it all now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had a room with two queens in the bedroom and a king seperated from the sofa by a small wall. It was a nice room, worked well for us. Our kids took the bedroom, shut the door and had their own tv and we got the other space. It would have been nice to have two bathrooms. There were no mirrors in the bedroom space...odd.
Our room was right next to the elevator, but we didn't hear it.
Breakfast was good. They had the typical motel food, plus bacon and eggs one day and little egg omlets with sausage the next.
The printer had issues, but the woman behind the desk helped us. Everyone was friendly and seemed to enjoy being there.
We would go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Toccoa, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I made a reservation for a 2 queen bed suite which included a sleeper sofa. I received a confirmation via email, and although I don't usually take a copy with me, this time I printed it out and took it with us to the hotel (8 hours away). We were given 2 room keys at check in and went merrily on our way. Unfortunately, the room was a suite with 1 king bed and a sleeper sofa - not the accommodations we reserved and not what we expected. I went back to the front desk to show her my confirmation. She said she didn't know how that happened - 2 queen bed suites had not been available for almost a week. Our reservation was almost a week old, and she said she would try to get us into a 2 Q suite and would call us. Several hours later I went to the front desk and found no (2 Q) room in the inn. At this point we had to make other accommodation arrangements for our older sons. It was no longer practical for all 4 of us to stay in the same room. The next morning we asked if some $$ compensation could be made since we did not receive the room that was confirmed. She said she would have to ask the manager and have her call us. Our reservation was 7/14/12 - 7/15/12 (8 days ago), and we have not heard from the manager. I believe Clark Howard would call this "customer - no service". I will update if/when the manager corrects this situation.

Room Tip: Choose a room with 2 queen beds if you really need 2 queen beds. I hope you get it.