“Met our needs” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 33 hotels in Panama City
melbourne, fl
“Met our needs”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

New job in area and stayed here for a few weeks while looking for an apartment back in June . Clean and fairly quiet. I was suspicious about bed bugs as mentioned in another review as my husband had some strange red bumps on his legs and I had a few also. Most of the staff was friendly. We were not looking for amenities, just a room with kitchen at a decent price for long term use.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I got bedbugs from here room 201. It was recommended as brand new so we thought it would be ok. There is no breakfast, no pool, nothing! Front desk workers rude.
I will never go back.

Room Tip: Bedbugs room 201
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tupper Lake, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed several days at this hotel in mid June. We liked it. The beds are comfortable, t he apartments are roomy and the bathrooms are spacy and clean. I am used to staying at hotels located right on the beach so I had to get used to the idea of driving to the beach (10 - 15 min drive), but since Panama city beach is a car friendly place (lost of parking areas, never had to search for a parking spot) it wasn`t a big nuisance. This hotel is very well priced, we paid under 100$ per night and for that money I can openly say it was very good.
I want to emphasize on something the following next sentences. I read reviews below that stated that there were bedbugs there.
I entered the hotel prone to suspicions about this. On one hand the worst thing an angry customer could do to a hotel`s reputation is to circle around a rumor like that.
On the other hand there people who cannot distinguish a Colorado beetle from an ant and of course these reviews could have been right.
I DID NOT experience anything at all that would suggest the latter statements were true. We rented 3 rooms - 6 people. For the entire stay of a week or so none of us saw any insect of any kind at all. None of us ever had any bite-marks or any experience whatsoever to suggest that there were bed bugs. BASED ON THAT I CAN CONCLUDE THAT THE REVIEWS SUGGESTING THE PRESENCE OF BED BUGS ARE NOT OBJECTIVE.
For the sake of honesty I had to clarify that.
Keep in mind that the front desk closes after 23:00 which was something unusual to me, but not a biggie as well.
Decent wi-fi speed, kitchenette is very useful if you travel with little kids.

The only bad experience I had was that one of the towels, although washed and smelling like detergent, had a small blood stain on it. I discretely gave it back to the cleaning lady, feeling a bit uncomfortable that I might be putting her on the spot, but to my surprise she was not disturbed and didn`t even apologize out of common courtesy.
Overall, for the price range it is a good hotel and would visit again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
montgomery
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I must say that overall I was dissatisfied with this hotel. There is NOT a pool, so if you want a pool you should look elsewhere. I was also not happy with the fact that when I checked in, the lady at the front desk informed me of a $50 deposit fee. I was completely unaware of this deposit and while I understand the meaning of the deposit, I do not understand why you do not get it back even if the room is in the same condition as check in. Also be careful pulling in to the hotel because there is a bad dip and you will scrape across it. The rooms are also somewhat small and smelled strongly of cigarettes. I will not stay here again on vacation, but if you want something small for business, then I am sure it is fine as long as you like the smell of ashtray and cigarettes.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel on every visit to Panama City that we have made in the past three years. Our average stay has been at least a month.
The suites are very nicely appointed and the property as a whole is always clean and very well maintained. The management and staff are always going the extra mile to make you feel welcome just like you are coming home. They go out of there way to make our stay a pure pleasure. Whether it's a hot cup of coffee in the morning or fresh towels when we come in from the beach. There is always a friendly smile and warm greeting coming from the front desk staff as well as the room service staff. It is always a pleasant experience to be around people that enjoy making their guests comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

If you like bad attitudes and people that dont care about customer serive then this is the place for you. Worse decision to go herein the first place as it is far away from ever however it just got worse when I encountered the rudest woman at the front desk. I basically left the hotel and ended finding a great place to say where I could walk out the door and step on to the beach for $12 more a night. RUDE RUDE RUDE!!. Forget the customer is always right, how about just be nice to the customer!!!

Room Tip: anywhere but that hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Nice hotel, staff was very friendly would stay again

Room Tip: big room with king size bed
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Suburban Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!