“Wonderful Mediterranean Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Indian, Mediterranean, Turkish
Deep South
“Wonderful Mediterranean Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I've eaten here many times and the food is superb. The portions are generous and the food is consistent. The only caveat is that the dining room is very small; the picture with this listing is most certainly NOT the Kabob House. Don't know who uploaded it but it needs to be replaced with an accurate one.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Panama City Beach, FL
“Genuine Greek / Uzbek Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had driven by this restaurant several times, always noticing the sign - We love Mediterranean food – but not stopping. We stopped in this afternoon and were very pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is non-assuming, but the food is delicious. We ordered appetizers, two entrées, and dessert. Each was delicious. The restaurant is run by a family, who obviously take pride in what they do. The waiter told us how his family had bought the restaurant fairly recently, but kept the original name. Perhaps this is the reason for the unsatisfactory experience of the previous reviewer. This restaurant is now one of our favorites.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Quite Disappointed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I am shocked by the high ratings this place gets. I think there was a place called Kabob House that was Indian and it is now Uzbec. We ordered the chicken kabob and the Gyro. I have never had a Gyro that was made of chopped up boiled beef that glistened and had no flavor what so ever. I asked the guy(owner) if the meat was on a rotisserie and he said no that they made their gyro meat fresh...chopped up and cooked in a pot. I then asked it the meat was charred on a flat top griddle or in a skillet and he said yes, in a pan. We then asked about the chicken whether it was white or dark meat. He didn't understand the question, so we changed it to breast meat and he assured us it was.Well, can't tell you whether it was white or dark meat...obvious problem.The chicken looked worse than overdone McDonalds nuggets, that had been reheated numerous times, still pink in the middle and had a thick breading on the outside. My partner asked for a glass of tap water and the owner lectured her on how bad the water it to drink that it could poison her. He then went and got some bottled water and handed it to her. She said no, she didn't like his brand. I ordered the 20 oz coke (that was supposedly in a bottle). He appeared from the kitchen with a coke that had been poured into a small glass and was flat. Not from the bottle in the soda case. When the owner finished his lecture on the water and went to get my flat coke, I asked if we should just leave and we decided no, that we would give the place a chance. Bottlom Line: We should have left. We each took one bite of food and said no more. We left 20 bucks on the table, told the owner how bad his food was and left. He was shocked, looked hurt and we felt a little bad. I wouln't have written this review but decided to after we went to our appliance store to pick up a part and were talking about our experience. The owner and his son both said it was really bad also. So it wasn't just us. If you must go, I hope your experience is better than ours, or set your expectations low and be happy if our experience was a fluke.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Panama City
“Such great food and friedly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The food here is really great; but you know whats even more awesome? To walk into a restaurant and immediately be greeted with a smile and awesome service. Genuine kindness; I appreciated that. The family brings Uzbek charm and their food reflects comfort and culture.

Recommendations: Uzbek Rice Pilaf, Moussaka, Dolmades, and Kabobs.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Great Geek/Uzbek food !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great mom and pop resturant. Such a nice break from the chains. The food is really good and the service is great. We have been driving from PCB to Shailmar for greek but just discovered Kabob. We love it. The menu is a mix of greek and Uzeb dishes. The Rice Pilaf with a Achichuk Salad is a must try. If you enjoy greek give them an try and the Uzbek dishes are really great !!!

• Visited August 2012