“This is not the Main over the Water Restaurant, but a smaller version about a mile away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angelo & Sons Seafood

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate there 3 times in a 4 day period! We had oysters (from Texas but really good), shrimp poboy, fried soft shell crab twice, grouper po'boy. Then we had steamed shrimp with Cajun spices on our last visit. The service was really good & the atmosphere was warm & friendly. And the prices aren't as high as the larger restaurant over the water at Ochlolonee Bay. I probably didn't spell that right. They are also open for breakfast a few days a week but we didnt try that. They are open mostly 11am to 8pm.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Crawfordville, Florida, United States
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Get your old chef back. It isn't what it use to be. And who puts cream corn in cheese grits. We will not be back

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lafayette, Indiana
“Disaster of an Experience - Overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I visited Angelo's on 3.24.13 with my parents and children (7 total). It took at least 10 -15 minutes to get a drink to the table and a full 30 min. to receive an appetizer (calamari and onion rings). We were handed plates and told to take one and pass them down which seemed a bit odd given the prices on the menu (most entrees are $20+). The dirty appetizer plates sat on the table and our drinks stayed empty for at least 20 minutes until I finally asked that they be cleared and the drinks refilled. The entrees took exactly 1 hour from the time they were ordered despite the dining room being relatively empty. When the food arrived, some were satisfied (kids pasta alfredo, popcorn shrimp) and most were not (olive oil pasta is extremely oily...my broiled grouper was a salt lick...my dad's fried grouper was completely lacking in seasoning). We had to ask to get the sides we ordered and to be honest, despite our telling the manager of the experience, she (like our waitress) could have cared less. This was a DISASTER OF AN EXPERIENCE and despite having limited options in Panacea, I will never return with my family, nor will my parents.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tallahassee, Florida
“Quality Down yet Prices Up!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Visited on a Sunday evening, it was busy but not overcrowded. We had the worst waitress ever! Couldn't remember a thing we asked for even though we asked 5 or 6 times! Only decent item on our plates was the Amberjack. It was delicious! Everything else that went with our meal was horrible. The steamed veggies turned out to be an overcooked can of Veg-All. Hush puppies were way overcooked, cheese grits were like concrete. Definitely way overpriced. May not return unless I hear of things getting a lot better. Not the Angelo's I grew up with.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Macclenny, Florida
“Great Views from Angelo & Sons Seafood On the Waterfront”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This was my 5th visit to Angelo's and I arrived to witness a fabulous sunset ovr the bay. The restaurant iis on the second floor and has an elevator for those who don't want to climb the exterior stairs. There is a large dining area with ordinary tables and chairs, nothing special. Some local framed photos on the walls.
I received fine service as a single diner throughout the meal.
The menu is almost totally seafood, but there are ribeye steaks too.
The prices are high and as a previous reviewer mentioned, there are add-ons for certain preparations such as blackening of the main dish, etc.
I chose the stuffed Grouper and didn't care for it much. The grouper was not a good size. It was $25 and stuffed with deviled crab (mushy). I did love the Greek style roasted potatoes and the house salad was nicely varied and served with a bottle of their house dressing.

• Visited December 2012