“Perfect Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palmetto
Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast
You added Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1102 Riverside Drive, Palmetto, FL 34221   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Palmetto B&B and Inns
Bradenton
“Perfect Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband, daughter, son-in-law and myself were looking for the perfect wedding venue but weren't having much luck until we found this beautiful Bed and Breakfast on the riverfront in Palmetto. We fell in love with its charm, beauty and location as soon as we walked in. The owners, Wim and Mieke, were so friendly and helpful with even the smallest of details. They made their wedding a day to remember for all of us including our guests. Everyone commented on the cleanliness and old charm beauty for weeks. The rooms we immaculate and the breakfast was outstanding. We still hear guests telling us that this was the best wedding they had ever attended. Thank you so much for a perfect and memorable day!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I have travelled though Europe and North America for 20 years, staying mostly at B&Bs, and this is the first review I’ve been compelled to write– that’s how excellent the experience was at the Palmetto Riverside. We were visiting the Gulf Coast of Florida for the first time in March 2012 and wanted to stay within easy driving distance of the lovely beaches as well as Sarasota and St. Petersburg, so we could take in their sites and cultural attractions. The Palmetto Riverside turned out to be the perfect choice. The property is beautiful. Attention to detail is evident in all the furnishings. The Palmetto Suite, the 2-room suite we stayed in, was comfortable in all ways. The views from the windows are very picturesque and serene. The bed was super comfortable, and we both slept better there than at home. Breakfasts were outstanding, in the presentation, preparation, quantity of food offered and the variety. The hosts were very welcoming, helpful and accommodating. Four nights at the Palmetto Riverside left us feeling refreshed, rested and relaxed.

orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The Nirvana of b&bs. A beautiful old home, restored to the nth detail. There are six rooms ranging in size from a small full bed to an enormous king suite with water views on three sides. The place is spotless. Comfy beds (ours came with a step stool because the bed was very high). The engaging innkeepers, Wim and Mieke, are the icing on a very fine cake. Attentive without being cloying, responsive to the needs of the guest, they are lovely genial people and there is not a hint of phoniness or over the top gushiness ( heed this other B&B owners) What sets this inn apart are small things, but oh so wonderful such as "Cocktail hour" at around 6 when Wim took our drink orders (full bar) and one at a time brought out three "amuse bouche" or tidbits of delicacies to tease or amuse the mouth. One was shrimp curry with vegetables - 2 shrimp, 1 stalk of asparagus with a sliver of prosciutto wrapped around it and a nice herb sauce, and a small bowl of fresh fruit. We relaxed in the living room and chatted with other guests. Then there is that other B - breakfast which is breath-takingly good, served in a sunroom looking out over the water. What a way to start the day! Coffee,orange juice, a bowl of fruit with homemade blackberry yogurt, meat and cheese, and Flemish crepes.

The decor of the house is refreshingly tasteful. Personal collections are attractively displayed, including a collection of old suitcases, old cameras and whisky bottles.

Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Windows do not open. This is a big issue for me but I had no problems because the house is gently ai...
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We just returned from the most relaxing, fun-filled 2 nights at this B&B. It really should be cross-listed with the town of Bradenton because it's so close - - it's within an easy 4-minute drive to Bradenton, an additional 20 minutes to beautiful AnnaMaria Island, 20 minutes to Sarasota and the Ringling place and about 30 minutes to downtown St Pete with lots of Spring Training games. You can have all the fun you want and still come "home" to this beautiful, peacefull B&B for the evening. Try walking out to the dock and sitting on the bench early in the morning, with the large, beautiful Manatee River stretching out before you - - it's all so relaxing and beautiful. The area is safe and the grounds are beautiful - - it draws you in until you find yourself strolling and exploring and relaxing - - who doesn't need a de-stressing getaway like that?? We stayed in the beautiful Royal Palm suite - includes a huge bathroom, a separate sitting room with a sofa-bed and a large bedroom with a fireplace and flatscreen TV - it was perfect. The owners are an absolute delight, you can't help but like them!. From the moment you arrive until you leave, they are truly there to make your stay perfect in every way. As mentioned in previous reviews, the breakfasts are outstanding. And the breakfast setting is perfect with beautiful china and goblets and linens, with the sun filling up the beautiful breakfast porch area. I was amazed to see (and taste) the homemade mango yogurt - simply brilliant. Each morning started off with something different and wonderful from the kitchen: French toast; scrambled eggs with bacon and sausage and roasted potatoes; fresh fruit with homemade yogurt and fresh walnuts etc, etc. We live about 2 hours away and find that this makes a perfect getaway even for "locals" like us, who need to unwind, relax, and enjoy the finer things in life!.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We were in Florida for a family wedding which was held at the B & B and we stayed there for two nights. We were in the Lillie’s Garden Room. It was a smaller room, but well laid out. A comfortable bed and clean, crisp linens. The bathroom was large and comfortable and had wonderfully absorbent and plush towels. The Innkeepers were very accommodating and polite. The morning breakfasts were absolutely delicious. I was actually really disappointed the second morning as my stomach only wanted a small breakfast and I didn't get the chance to enjoy the whole thing! In a really beautiful location as well, the grounds outside were as well kept as the inside. My husband and I have decided just to come back to this B & B by ourselves sometime in the future as we liked it so much. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Swedesboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My wife and I are avid Phillies fans and were looking for a place to stay during our 5 day visit to Spring Training. Since it was my wife's birthday week, I decided on this romantic B&B instead of the usual chain hotels. The B&B is recently renovated with attention to every detail. The innkeepers could not have been more accommodating and the breakfasts they served were a delight. In fact, my wife and I woke up each morning trying to guess what we would be served that day. Kudos to Wim and Mieke for a marvelous lodging experience.

New York State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

The Palmetto Riverside B&B is a wonderful place--elegant yet comfortable--a beautifully restored and meticulously maintained home on the Manatee River. It is a quiet, peaceful spot yet close to all the activities Gulf Coast Florida has to offer. Even more important than the surroundings are the innkeepers. Wim & Mieke are from Belgium but speak English perfectly and are incredibly warm and accommodating.
Shortly before our visit, I was diagnosed with food allergies. When I notified the inn of this, Wim went out of his way to research and purchase things I could eat. Each morning, he placed before me an multi-course, delicious, and beautifully-presented breakfast entirely within my restricted diet. He even found a really good bread source for me that I had not yet discovered. As you may imagine, bread options without yeast or dairy leave quite a bit to be desired, but I actually got to have good-tasting, nice (normal)-textured toast for the first time in many months (and he even sent the extra supply home with me)!
Both were quick to share tips and ideas on the surrounding area, and when we got sun/sand/wind burns, Mieke prepared ice-packs for us to draw out the heat. We have stayed at B&Bs for 30 years and honestly can say that we've never encountered two better innkeepers.
At our departure, it felt like we were saying good-bye to family and home. Without question, if we have opportunity to visit the Florida Gulf Coast again, we will return to the Palmetto Riverside B&B. It is a superb addition to the B&B offerings in the US!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Palmetto Riverside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!