“wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Palm Harbor
berwyn,illinois
“wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Everything was wonderful at this resort.This place is heaven on earth for golfers.Very friendly staff.Spacious rooms were nicely decorated and clean.We cannot wait to return.Dont forget the golf clubs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SalamanderHotelsPR, Manager at Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We appreciate you taking time to share with others how wonderful our Resort is. We are heaven on earth for golfers and we pride ourselves on providing the best experience for everyone. We look forward to your next visit.

547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

If you want a GREAT golf vacation, this is the place to go with four different courses on site. You are in good hands if you want to play some serious golf on beautiful courses. Coming from Norway with lots of hills, we usually play the Island which gives us lots of nice challenges. North is also a great course, and the Copperhead speaks for itself.

If you want to IMPROVE your game, be sure to book instructions with DAWN MERCER, Director of Instruction. She has more than 20 years experience working with golfers at different skill levels. I have only played golf for 3 years, but she has helped me bring my handicap down by 11 points so far. When the season kicks off in Norway I expect my handicap to go below 20!

Ms. Mercer is great at making me understand the dynamics of the golf swing to the extent that I'm able to self correct most errors if my swing is off. She is so good at what she does, that I travel all the way from Norway twice a year to learn more from her and to become an even better golfer. That speaks for itself! She comes highly recommended!

There is a postal office inside the resort, and before I travel to Innisbrook I go on the internet to shop for great deals. I love all the packages waiting for me when I arrive. :) It also gives me more time to play golf! ;)

Room Tip: If you like peace and quiet, go for the Canterbury section of the resort (close to the Island course...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent trip to Innisbrook. While we do consider ourselves a fantastic place for golf and much more, it is truly our staff that we believe makes the difference and sets us apart from everyone else. Dawn Mercer is truly one of the best and we appreciate all the glowing things you said. We will be sure to pass this along to her. We look forward to the next time you visit Innisbrook.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is our 4 th visit and it will not be the last. We have found our piece of paradise far away from our home in Oslo, Norway.
We stay in Canterbury close to the Island clubhouse where we are derved breakfast every morning by Phil and the crew there who always takes good care of all our breakfast needs. You can eat at 2 other restaurants also but we prefer the cook and people at Turnberry. It is close to our favourite course which is the Island course. We played mostly here the 2 weeks we visited this time. They have 4 courses all together so there is always something available and everyone is very helpfull.
Check inn was a breeze and we were soon in our 3 rd floor one bedroom suite which has a full kitchen and separate bedroom.
We were fortunate to have lake view although we did not spend much time in the room.
We were there to take lessons from Dawn Mercer, Director of Instructions. The primary reason we keep coming back to Innisbrook. They have great golf courses and resorts many places, but no golf pro have matched the abilities of Ms Mercer. She can always find something for you to work on in your swing no matter what level you are. And she is fun, witty and charming as well as knowledgable. Take lessons! It is worth it.
The fitness center is open to all guests and have the necessary equipment. Unfortunately it was a bit cold while we visited so we did not try any of the numerous pools on property. Fortunately we have a great friend with an outdoor jacuzzi nearby.
The courses were in good shape and there is always people working to maintain.
All the employees we come across seem to enjoy their work and is proud of Innisbrook.
The beds are wonderful and we had a nice living room with a pull out sofa. Kitchen has a dishwasher and basic kitchen tools. There is a laundry room on every floor as well.

We can not wait to come back this summer for an even longer stay and learn more from Dawn Mercer and become better golfers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the time you took to write about your recent visit and share that with others. We are very proud of our resort and what we have to offer. Our service professionals are one of the things that we believe sets us apart from everyone else and are glad that Dawn, Phil, and everone else have been able to provide the level of service that we are known for. We look forward to your 5th visit this summer, the weather will definitely be warmer and you will be able to experience the other pools we have on property.
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed here the night before a organized bike trip and I'm not a golfer so it wasn't a typical choice for me.

The rooms are all spread across multiple 2 story buildings. The rooms seemed fine, nothing special but were very small. In a room with 2 queens there was not a lot of room for 2 women and their luggage. Adding in a couple bikes made it all a tight fit. Luckily we were there only the one night.

What I really appreciated though was how well set up they were for shipping - for me it was my bike, although typically it'd be golf clubs. The shipping department was very helpful when I called to ask about how it worked etc and the bike was waiting for me when I got there. Likewise, at the end of the trip they were just as accommodating about coordinating the pickup for the return. I'd prepaid that ahead of time and it worked really well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments with others regarding your recent visit with us. We do pride ourselves on our four golf courses but are thrilled that you were able to visit and see that we do offer so much more. We believe in providing the best customer service and making things as easy for our guests as possible so they don’t have to worry about anything while they are visiting except for having the best time possible. We hope that if you are in the area in the future for another bike tour or any reason you will be visiting us again.
Palm Valley, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Nice property. Clean appropriate rooms. If you golf this is the place for you. Please note that most buildings are two floors with no elevators. Keep this in mind if you have heavy luggage or don't handle stairs too well. It is great distances to food venues and such. They do have a shuttle service, and all you need to do is dial 0, but I am one for just walking down to breakfast, or to the bar.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SalamanderHotelsPR, Manager at Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Innisbrook with others. We do have twenty five differnet lodges where our rooms are located, yet most are situated near our pools, golf courses and our restaurants. Our property allows you to have all the amenities of a resort location, yet also in a setting that allows you to relax and enjoy your time as well. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area for business.
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place was amazing. We stayed six nights and played golf six days in a row. Our bags were transfered each day to the course we were scheduled to play. We just showed up and our clubs were on the cart and ready for our tee time. Courses were all in great condition. Staff was very accommodating. Our rooms were not extravagant but adequate. All the amenities and close to all that is offered at the resort. We would definitely recommend and would come back again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We are delighted that you had such a wonderful time at Innisbrook and we appreciate you sharing your comments with others. We pride ourselves on making it as relaxing and convenient for our guests to be able to enjoy their time here and let us worry about all the details. We look forward to your next golf outing with us.
Muncy PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently attended a conference at Innisbrook and had several service issues, along with just an overall feeling that this was not a place to really have a conference. There were some good points along the way, so here we go. Upon arrival to Tampa, it is a 45 minute shuttle ride to the resort. Once I arrived there, I had to kill four hours while waiting for my room to be cleaned and ready. When I finally got to my room, my key wouldn't work. I had to wait for another set to be delivered. By now, I'm still in my winter attire, having had no opportunity to change for the warm weather. When I finally got into my room there were no towels, no toilet paper, two lamps did not work, a glass from the last resident was on the windowsill, and there was not hotel guide/room service menu, etc. I had to call for all of these to be fixed. I had a wonderful dinner at the Steakhouse, and the men who drove the shuttles were so very kind. The front desk person I dealt with was short and not apologetic at all. Overall, a mediocre experience...

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if you have heavy luggage. There are no elevators. Oh - and a room with...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate the time you took to share your comments regarding your recent visit. It goes without saying we truly wish you had, had a different experience. We apologize that your first impression upon arrival to the resort, in addition to your room, was not what we are known for or what we would want any of our guests to experience. We fell short on your visit to provide the type of arrival experience we are known for. We are glad you did have some highlights and we would agree with you that Packard’s Steakhouse never lets our guests down by providing the highest level of service and food. We hope that should your travel plans have you return to the area, we hope you give us another opportunity to show you the level of service and experience we are known for.

Been to Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!