This is our 4 th visit and it will not be the last. We have found our piece of paradise far away from our home in Oslo, Norway.
We stay in Canterbury close to the Island clubhouse where we are derved breakfast every morning by Phil and the crew there who always takes good care of all our breakfast needs. You can eat at 2 other restaurants also but we prefer the cook and people at Turnberry. It is close to our favourite course which is the Island course. We played mostly here the 2 weeks we visited this time. They have 4 courses all together so there is always something available and everyone is very helpfull.
Check inn was a breeze and we were soon in our 3 rd floor one bedroom suite which has a full kitchen and separate bedroom.
We were fortunate to have lake view although we did not spend much time in the room.
We were there to take lessons from Dawn Mercer, Director of Instructions. The primary reason we keep coming back to Innisbrook. They have great golf courses and resorts many places, but no golf pro have matched the abilities of Ms Mercer. She can always find something for you to work on in your swing no matter what level you are. And she is fun, witty and charming as well as knowledgable. Take lessons! It is worth it.
The fitness center is open to all guests and have the necessary equipment. Unfortunately it was a bit cold while we visited so we did not try any of the numerous pools on property. Fortunately we have a great friend with an outdoor jacuzzi nearby.
The courses were in good shape and there is always people working to maintain.
All the employees we come across seem to enjoy their work and is proud of Innisbrook.
The beds are wonderful and we had a nice living room with a pull out sofa. Kitchen has a dishwasher and basic kitchen tools. There is a laundry room on every floor as well.
We can not wait to come back this summer for an even longer stay and learn more from Dawn Mercer and become better golfers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort offers everything from golf courses to water slides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Innisbrook, a Salamander Golf And Spa Resort
- Innisbrook, a Salamander Golf Hotel Palm Harbor
- Innisbrook Resort Palm Harbor
- Innisbrook Hotel Palm Harbor
- The Westin Innisbrook Golf Resort