“Awesome experience, great resort!” 5 of 5 stars

Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   36750 US Highway 19 North, Palm Harbor, FL 34684   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Palm Harbor
“Awesome experience, great resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

I actually came here twice in the same year, and both times I found myself wishing I didn't have to leave. I am a Florida resident, so the travel to innisbrook is nothing.. But I'm looking to visit again really soon, because I love it so much! The suites I stayed in were very clean, cute, and homey, and the service was great when I needed the bus to pick me up and take me to the lock ness pool(which, by the way is AMAZING, especially if you have kids). They also have a great nature trail, that I enjoyed with my younger cousins when they came to visit. I definitely recommend it to anyone coming to stay in the pinellas county area!

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Fair Oaks, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Spent a long weekend at Innisbrook and although the location and grounds are beautiful, we had an interesting experience. We arrived at 12:30 pm and went to our room with one of the staff. He said that the heater was on, so immediately turned on the air conditioning and we went to bed. We all slept horribly as the room was so hot. The next morning we called and told the front desk and they sent up the "air conditioning man". He said that there was no freon and he couldn't fix it. We were told we could be "upgraded" to a room with twin beds and a pullout sofa. We had two queens, so this didn't seem like an upgrade, as my husband and I didn't want twin beds or the pullout sofa. They said they had to look around to find us a room, indicating that the twin beds was the only option. I said we would leave and go find another hotel, then they were able to locate queen beds in another unit. That night, after our event, we came back to the room and opened up the hideaway bed. Unfortunately there were no sheets or blankets or pillows for this bed. The next morning as we were leaving, the housekeeping came in and we asked for items for the bed. They never made up our beds or did any housekeeping for us, other than give us the linen. In fact on our beds, they didn't even have fitted sheets - only flat sheets, which kept coming off the bed. As well, the comforter cover had a blood stain on it, which was not pretty. That afternoon, our toilet plugged and the plumber said it happened frequently. My husband enjoyed the golf, but very expensive, more than golf courses in maui.

New Castle DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was perhaps the best hotel I've ever stayed in, including a 5 star Disney resort. From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave the resort staff bends over backwards to assist you in every way. The grounds are immaculate, the choices of activities endless, the accomodations ample.

I was traveling with my husband, teenage daughter and a friend and we booked a one-room suite. There was enough room that we were not bumping into each other every day. The kitchen was good enough for simple meals and the appliances were all working fine. There is something for everyone at this resort; whether you want a leisurly walk about the grounds in the morning or evening or if you want more active pursuits like tennis, golf, or swimming.

One thing we didn't bother with until the last day but were blown away by - the nature walk. It is a boardwalk through a slice of Florida woods ending at a lagoon. There was so much nature around us we didn't know what direction to look in! The golf courses looked amazing and we heard raves about them from the golfers we met (we are not golfers).

If you are thinking of going here, don't hesitate!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a resort view room on the first floor as there are no elevators. Unless you are OK with noi...
Franklin Lakes NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We spent the last 6 days at Innisbrook and brought the kids with us. We stayed in Lytham in a newly updated 2 bedroom 2 bath. It had a living room/dining room combination, full kitchen. The suite was outstanding for a family of 4. The kids had their own bedroom and bathroom and my wife and I had our own as well. Flat pannel TVs in both bedrooms and in the living room. We were on the second floor and had a great view of the golf course. The accomodations were "outstanding", plenty of room for 8 people even though we had 4. The place is quiet and you will not hear your neighbors in the other rooms.

The lochness pool is great for kids. Water slides and zero entry pool with a small beach. They serve lunch and "drinks" at the pool, which was good pub type food. We ate at Packards Steak House on the property which was good and had breakfast at salamander grill which was good. All the places have kids menu's for $5 dollars they get an entire meal. Overall I would highly highly recommend Innisbrook. I am not a golfer and there was plenty to do. If your a golfer its perfect. On the property we rented bikes, played shuffle board, mini golf, tennis etc. Just make sure you ask for a newly upgraded room. Not all the rooms are upgraded and we saw a few rooms that I would say need major upgrades. Also, the place is really safe. The entire resort is gated and you need to pass through a gate house to get in. It is well staffed and people are very, very friendly and accomodating. Its an easy drive from Tampa Airport about 30min. There are also really good resturants in the area. Very easy check in and check out process. I will be going back to Innisbrook in the future. Great job to the Innisbrook owners and staff well done.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly upgraded room. If you have kids stay near the lochness pool.
New Phila., OHio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We attended a wedding under a beautiful old tree near the 10th hole of one of the several golf courses at this resort and It was lovely! Our two bedroom suite was wonderful and the 4 of us wished we could have stayed longer to enjoy all this resort had to offer, but work was calling. We did enjoy the food at one of their restaurants for lunch but were underwhelmed by the food at the reception.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Conover, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We were in town for a golf tournament for our son. Our room was the executive suite with 2 queen beds. The room was really nice. Our building was along the first fairway on hole number one on the copperhead course. On day one of the tournament on hole 3, there was an alligator in the pond. My kids really liked that. The spanish moss on the trees is absolutely beautiful. My youngest son really enjoyed the loch ness pool, especially the water slides. The staff is really friendly. I can not find anything negative to say about this place. The next time we are in Palm Harbor, we will stay here again.

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

The bad:
We had a big group checking in that day, and the front desk kept on telling everyone that the room isn't ready, for 5 hours! Suppose to get the room at 3pm, end up checking in at 8pm! Worst experience ever.
No complimentary wi-fi, there's a fee of $25 to set it up, even if you stay 1 night
Overpriced golf unless you get some kind of package deal.

The good:
Very friendly staff. The slow check in isn't staff's fault, seems like they just don't have enough people to clean up the room in time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!