“Relax in Innisbrook” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Palm Harbor
Palm Beach, Florida
“Relax in Innisbrook”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed here with a friend for a relaxing spa weekend. When we arrived we expected a Hotel/resort building and it took us a while to find out that we had to check in at the Golf Members Club. From there we were escorted to our room which was actually a condo with two bedrooms and baths, living room and spacious kitchen. The building was a little old but the rooms were clean, comfortable and updated. We received a map of the property and it was fun exploring the 900 acres of golf courses, condo's, pools, tennis courts, club houses, restaurants, the spa and fitness club. The indaba spa is small enough to make it personal. The spa is brand new and up to date. The treatments are fantastic, the therapists are all true professionals and make you feel at home immediately. The lounge is the perfect place to hang out and there is free use of the whirlpool and steam room. We made use of the fitness club and attended classes with Lynn, a great instructor and trainer. We made long walks every day. The staff was super friendly - we were amazed. We live in South East Florida and we are not really used to that. Everybody we met wanted to help us out and make us feel good. We had a wonderful stay at Innisbrook. It is a great place to relax and get back in touch with nature. We both loved it and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: There are so many possibilities - you should contact the resort and discuss which room or condo suit...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

541 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Cranford, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here with my adult daughter for the Transitions Championship Golf Tournament which is held at Innisbrook. The suite was lovely and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. We were right on the 18th green and enjoyed every moment of our stay. We had all of our meals on site and one of their restaurants and they are both excellent. We look forward to our return again in 2012.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

My husband, two children, and I have taken three trips to Innisbrook within the past year, including a week long stay last July. We are transplants from Virginia and left our Army Navy Country Club membership behind. We were happy to discover Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort! It has something to offer everyone: golf for my husband, spa for me, Loch Ness Pool & slides for our children, ages 4 & 6. The Salamander Grill offers delicious food and the BEST homemade icecream, including "Pralines and Cream". The staff could not be more FRIENDLY! The resort's natural setting is simply tranquil and relaxing. Landscaping is beautiful!

Room Tip: As to be near Loch Ness Monster Pool & Osprey Club
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Destin, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a quick long weekend getaway within a days drive of our home in the Florida, Panhandle. We chose Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club after researching it's location and ratings on several sites. We knew the golf courses were world-class, and the property was built in the 70's and 80's and had recently been purchased by Sheila Johnson of BET fame. We were anxious to see the newly renovated resort as we know her "touch" is first-class and expected no less. We were assured by the onsite, friendly reservationist, that our 1 BR condo had been "updated and remodeled" and she was kind enough to match an Expedia rate, which was excellent. Nonetheless, our room was furnished with dated furniture and was not what we anticipated. They immediately moved us to a spectacular, completely renovated room with new furniture, great bathrooms, Euro bedding, granite countertops throughout and a lush, green view from our first floor patio. We were in heaven!! We ate dinner the first night at the Osprey Clubhouse/pub and were treated to excellent service and fantastic cuisine. The Miso Glazed Salmon is not to be missed and is one of the many health-conscious choices on the delightfully varied menu. Of course golfer "fare" such as onion rings(wow) and hearty sandwiches is offered and served in large portions at reasonable prices. Breakfast is available daily, as well as a market offering coffee, home baked pastry and box lunches for the links. My husband did not golf this trip but was salivating at the 4 golf course's beautifully woven into the magnificent 900 acre property. I did partake of a spa facial in the extraordinary 18,000 s. f. Indaba Spa. My facialist, Heather, was superb and the Hungarian products she used made my skin soft and moisturized. She included an arm and hand massage in her treatment, and I relaxed in the hydro tub with a glass of wine after the treatment. All and all, I highly recommend this resort. The staff is friendly, energetic and Shelia's efforts are paying off in every aspect of this resort transformation. I will come back and recommend to all my friends that they are in for an amazing experience while staying at Innisbrook Resort. Kudos to you Shelia for your insight to transform this hidden gem into a world-class destination!

Room Tip: Make sure the room has newer furnishings
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

My husband and I came to Innisbrook in May 2011 for a conference and absolutely fell in love with the service. We had a nice room (1 Bedroom Suite) and decided it was worth coming back and bringing the whole family. We also talked a friend and his family into joining us, we had a blast. The golfing is amazing, loved the amenities and the food was outstanding. The bread pudding is OUTSTANDING!!! While the common decor in the buildings are a bit outdated, the service, spa, food, golf courses, pools, recreation, lake side views makes this well worth it. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed here on business so was not able to sample the world class Golf facailities but I did have a chance to visit Indaba Spa and that was world Class! Treatment rooms and all areas within the spa were very calming and I appreciated the natural day light filtering in versus the darkness of so many spas - the ladies area even has a zen gardne I am tolled.
For kids and families the hotel has a tone of activities listed. I stopped by the Loch Ness pool and facilities and could see how just this one area would keep kids busy all day!
I was also tolled the beach was within easy reach by other guests, and the hotel does offer a shuttle... Though again I was trapped and tied to my lap top so did not have a chance to head down to the beach for a swim in the ocean.
The staff I encountered were all exteremly friendly and help full.
I hope to return soon with my family on vacation and to explore the Tamapa area!
Lastly, the rate I paid was extremely good value for the HUGE room I recieved - again a big plus for families!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Arrived to attend a week long conference in Tampa area but with spouse in tow (vacation for her) I didn't want to be tied to staying in conference hotel. Researched this property and drive times before choosing to stay here.

Resort as a whole is golf oriented as it should be but also has a fairly nice tennis area that seems to be overlooked by many staying there. Multiple pools found around the property with one geared for the kids. Avoided that noise and used pool closest to the 1br/1bath condo we rented for the week. Very quiet and serene....ahhhh

Condo was a bit dated in decor but functional. Believe that updates are being done but our building had not been touched yet.

Property has various eating options but we found many really GOOD places within just a couple of miles of the property. Try the "Thirsty Marlin", "Ozona Blue", "Mystic Fish" and "Lucky Dill"...we did and weren't disappointed at all.

If travels take me back to Tampa, I'd stay here again with out a doubt.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!