“Great golf academy and golf pro!” 5 of 5 stars

Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   36750 US Highway 19 North, Palm Harbor, FL 34684   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Palm Harbor
“Great golf academy and golf pro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

If you need to fix anything of your golf game this is the place to go. Dawn Mercer, Director of the golf institute at Innisbrook is a very good teacher. She is very patient and will explain over and over again. For the inexperienced, and experienced golfer she will make you find the best in yourself, and then some.. Everyone at the resort speaks very highly of her and we will surely be back!
The golf courses are challenging but fun to play. Since they have 4 to choose from there is always time available. The staff is very service minded, from they greet you at reception, the restaurants (hats off for Phil at the Turnberry Pub!) the people working at the golf courses and driving the trams all around the resort at all times.
Only negative was housekeeping. They did not service the first days and took away the towels without replacing them. Then they forgot to replace things like toilet paper and tissues. Small things but a bit irritating.
And there was no Wifi in the rooms.
Restaurants were good. We tried them all for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No need to go out at all.
We stayed near the Island Clubhouse and that was nice and quiet. They will take care of your golf clubs and transport them around to the courses you are playing.

Well worth the long trip, and we will be back next year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

540 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
East Coast of Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was our first trip to Innisbrook and we went for a July 4th special. It was a fantastic four days. Grounds are beautiful, the staff was wonderful. Room was very clean and everything in working order, there is even an good size in-room safe big enough to hold laptop.
We stayed in a building close to Loch Ness pool and thank goodness, our bellman told us how crazy parking would get around it. The majority of the activities were around this pool and people double park, if you are a guest at any of the buildings in this area, if you do not have to leave property DO NOT and use the tram system.
Went to the Indaba Spa for a facial, and it was great, once again staff was top notch, and the facility was truly a relaxing experience. Prices were in line with what you would expect at a spa. I did not feel rushed after my treatment and was encouraged to stay and enjoy the rest of the facility.
We did not use any of the restaurants on site, due to reading previous comments from others on this site. The one bedroom we stayed in had a large fridge, stove, and microwave. Four plates, saucers, cups, etc. very and I do mean VERY limited other kitchen stuff. So if you plan to cook in bring the items needed from home, including napkins and paper towels.
There are plenty of places to eat close by, Tarpon Springs has some great Greek food, Publix and a 24-hour Wal Mart are within a 5-minute drive, and Pizza Hut delivers. 
As I said earlier, many of the activities were at Loch Ness pool, and it gets to be extremely crowded, we just jumped on the tram and went to another one of the other five pools they had and spent two wonder relaxing days at them.
Other activities in the area we enjoyed are the shuttle to Honeymoon Beach, and Tarpon Springs.
A couple of suggestions;
1) During special events hotel should give guests staying close to the LOCH NESS pool special parking passes. Several folks were not happy that they were NOT able to park where their room was.
2) Let guest know that rooms will only be cleaned once during their stay.
Finally, read you bill CAREFULLY, had a problem at checkout with rate quoted and rate they charged, took a day to work it out because of holiday, but it was done to my satisfaction. Just keep a copy of everything they send you with rate, etc.

Spotty cell service, and no wireless internet, in room high speed net was good, no problems.oh yeah, there is a resort fee also. :(
Overall, we definitely will revisit again.

Room Tip: Used upgrade option when booking online.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011 via mobile

This turned out to be the parfect venue for our yearly buddy golf tournament. The courses are top notch, the staff super friendly and it's situated around lots of bars and restaurants if you decided to venture outside. Just can't say enough about the Copperhead and island courses.

Cons: Even hough they are very nice, the rooms are a little dated. The bunkers are the hardest, most compact sand I have ever seen. Very tough to hit out of. And other than the Copperhead course, you will need to be shuttled to the driving range so allow a few extra minutes.

• Stayed June 2011
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Innisbrook is a place we have been going to for a few years, each time for a few days. We have had consistently great family experiences. The rooms are really comfortable and we love the full kitchen. Make sure you bring enough to stock your refrigerator and pantry shelves with your favorite items because you will want the convenience after spending the day at the pool. There is a nice blend of activities for all besides the pools - a playground, bike rentals, tennis, nature trail. My husband enjoys the impressive golf courses and I had top-notch service at the spa. The fitness center offers a nice variety in options. If you can, have your stay include a Sat night to take advantage of the dive-in movie. There is also a shuttle to a near-by beach (or you can drive to a few on your own). One thing I would recommend is that - if you reserve a specific type of room - call ahead of time to make sure that type of room is available. We reserved one type of suite and were given a smaller suite (but the rate did go down - it was a bit of a disappointment to have less room than we anticipated). Even though the resort was pretty full, it was very quiet- a huge plus. The grounds are beautiful. Other than that minor problem, we were very happy with our stay. We share a lot of wonderful family memories and look forward to going back next year.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The property has lots of restaurants and outlets on property, and though its not a high rise and is quite spread out their shuttles are very regular takes away that concern. Golf must be in your agenda if you are coming here as there is plenty of it. I was suprised a the lack of WiFi in rooms and gym (though there was hard wire in the rooms). Beds were comfortable and the room sizes are great. And the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

As the Golf Travel Host, I have traveled to many different destinations in my life time and have seen a lot, but I will say that for my first visit to Innisbrook Golf & Spa Resort in Palm Harbor Florida( right above Tampa) I was totally blown away by the total experience. I was apart of the ING Golf Conference for 4 days and I loved every min. of it!

From the conference facilities, to the GREAT rooms, to the 4 great golf courses!. Home to the PGA TOUR in the spring and The Legends LPGA event in the fall, you wont find 4 better golf courses in Florida.

The service was first class and the food was some of the best I have ever eaten!

The Spa is wonderful and any man or woman would love to stay a few hours here!

I would have to say Innisbrook has to my top golf destination in all of Flordia and I have been to all of them!. You wont go wrong booking your next meeting or family vacation there.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a executive suite for the money!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
InnisbrookManager, Manager at Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with others. We are very proud of our resort and the golf courses and are thrilled that you were able to expirence all we have to offer. It's an honor for us to have you say that Innisbrook tops your list of golf destinations in all of Florida. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in the area.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I ate dinner at the Salamander Market Grille'. I specifically asked the waitress about the possible gluten content of the food I was about to order and was assured that the Spring Rolls did not contain gluten. My meal arrived and I questioned the food server again because of the appearance of my meal. I asked her to ensure that there was no gluten. She came back and told me the meal was safe to eat and that because the food was fried that it looked like it was breaded.

After being sick for 2 days, I phoned the restaurant and asked for specific ingredients in the Spring Rolls that I ordered. Wheat was the first ingredient on the list!

There was also a mix-up with our room when we checked in, but the front desk staff quickly sorted it out and even gave us a room upgrade. I only wish the restaurant experience was half that good.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
InnisbrookManager, Manager at Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
We thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I apologize your experience was not what we would have hoped for during your visit. We understand and are truly disappointed that you left with the impression that you did. Our executive chef ensures that training is an on-going process that we are dedicated to, especially as it relates to any special requests or questions regarding food allergies or intolerances. I apologize again for your experience and hope that in the future we have the opportunity to welcome you back and have you experience the service in our restaurants that I know we are capable of.

Been to Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!