“Bed bug disaster - all 3 rooms” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Clearwater -Tarpon Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   32000 US 19 North, Palm Harbor, FL 34684   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Palm Harbor
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Bed bug disaster - all 3 rooms”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This place really should be either fixed up by a new owner, or bulldozed. We made the mistake of staying here, and we found bedbugs in 3 rooms that we tried.I caught and killed one giant one so that the Indian owner would not continue to deny they have a big problem !!!
Just look in the seams of the mattresses , you cannot miss it .
Make sure to look at some websites on bedbugs so that you know what to look for.
This stay still disturbs us, although it was quite a few months ago, but I dont want anyone to take these bedbugs home, and have a huge infestation problem at home.
These hotel owners don't think it a big deal. they just want to collect your money and too bad for you, its not their problem.

Room Tip: Stay in a tent. Its much safer than Red Roof in Palm Harbor. I will bet anyone the owners will tel...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and I just recently stayed at the this establishment and I must say reading the reviews I was a little nervous but could not pass up the price. I'm so glad I did not rely on the reviews this hotel was a great value we stayed in the king executive room I don't know if this made a difference in our experience compared to other's but our room was perfect we had a mini fridge, a microwave, flat screen tv, and the bathroom had granite. The location was perfect we were 10 minutes from dunedin, about 20 minutes from clearwater beach close to tons of shopping the mall was about 5 minutes away an outback next door honestly I don't understand half the reviews and i'm a very picky person we have stayed at many elegant hotels and I was happy for once not be charged a resort fee, a parking fee, a fee for wifi nice change. Our wifi was free, the parking was free and we were able to park right in front of our room. I read that the rooms had bugs our room did not have any bugs the house keeping did a great job I always bring my own blankets and pillows the house keeper made the bed nicely using my blankets. The hotel is situated in the back off the main road which is nice very quiet the front desk was nice. For 47.00 I can't complain about anything with our visit. We booked this hotel basically for a place to sleep since we were at the beach the whole time. This hotel was way better than what I thought it would be we will be back in october very happy with our stay. I think some reviews on here need to be more realistic I didn't experience any of the things I read. Over all very happy

Room Tip: If you would like a nicer room go with the king executive room ours was great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stay at Red Roofs with our dog, and this location supplied all the usual plusses. The worst thing was, no L-shaped desk like at other locations. The desk is very small.

All in all a great stay though. Great location for exploring the Gulf beaches.

• Stayed June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked this place for 5 nights knowing that it wouldn't be a "hilton" property but needed something affordable and close to the beaches. It completely served it's purpose! The only negative was a really uncomfortable (hard) bed. Otherwise it was clean, accommodating and affordable!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Winter Garden, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I give this hotel 1 star only because the lady in the office took accomdated me even though I made a date error on my reservation.

The place was listed at the time of my booking as a 3 star hotel. When I got to my room I had to laugh. The gap below the front door was large enough to allow most any critter with an ounce of want to, to come and go freely. I might as well slept out on the walkway.

Secondly, you could easily identify where they had patched the drywall inside the room. Very shoddy drywall workmanship and they didn't bother to paint the wall, just brushed an off color coat of paint to cover up their already crappy work.

Among other things noted, my non-smoking room had a bedspread with cigarette burns, the bathroom was awful, low water pressure and the water got to tepid but not hot.

My recommendation......Stay Away!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I would rather sleep in my car than stay here. They made me pay for the night even though we did not stay because they said they wouldn't be able to book it out again( I wonder why) I was there a year ago and it was really nice don't know what happen but stay away. We ran so fast I didn't get the chance to take photo's

Room Tip: Go to Lake Tarpon Resort it is beautiful
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I opened the door, turned on the light and couldn't believe my eyes. There are no words to describe this hole. Please, whatever you do, do not ever even consider a stay here. I would rather sleep with my head propped up on an armrest in my car than to sleep in this place. And I didn't go there for price. I went there because it looked nice in pix on the net. All lies, repeat do not even pull your car into the driveway. I want to say more but I'm speechless. I charged the room on my card to get a reservation from across state. The desk girl has no power to give a refund so you must take action by calling your card company and telling them not to pay for this substandard wreck. Just disgraceful. Do not, I repeat, do not listen to one good review on here. They must be relatives of the franchisee. To post this I had to push one button, I didn't want to push one but I had to. Terrible is right.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Clearwater -Tarpon Springs? Share your experiences!