“By far the very worst motel in the country bar none” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Clearwater -Tarpon Springs
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   32000 US 19 North, Palm Harbor, FL 34684   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Palm Harbor
Palm Harbor, Florida
“By far the very worst motel in the country bar none”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I opened the door, turned on the light and couldn't believe my eyes. There are no words to describe this hole. Please, whatever you do, do not ever even consider a stay here. I would rather sleep with my head propped up on an armrest in my car than to sleep in this place. And I didn't go there for price. I went there because it looked nice in pix on the net. All lies, repeat do not even pull your car into the driveway. I want to say more but I'm speechless. I charged the room on my card to get a reservation from across state. The desk girl has no power to give a refund so you must take action by calling your card company and telling them not to pay for this substandard wreck. Just disgraceful. Do not, I repeat, do not listen to one good review on here. They must be relatives of the franchisee. To post this I had to push one button, I didn't want to push one but I had to. Terrible is right.

Room Tip: Go some where else.
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Alpena, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

To realize we will NEVER stay here again. We read the reviews,but, stayed anyway, figuring we've had good luck at many other RRI's. But, nope, never again. Dirty room, very noisy other guests, smelly room, overall, just a bad experience. Nothing like other Red Roof Inns we've stayed at. STAY AWAY !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
redroofpalmharbor, Owner at Red Roof Inn Clearwater -Tarpon Springs, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review the hotel. I am sorry that our hotel did not meet and exceed your expectations. You comments have been taken to heart and plans have already been put in place to ensure the next guest has an excellent stay with us.
Palm Harbor, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you want a place to sleep for under $60 that takes dogs, this will do. Do not expect a 3 star place as 2 of the stars have fallen down. No place to take the dog except for a bit aof grass off the parking lot. Not the worst place we have stayed but would not go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights. I thought it was a good place. The front desk receptionist and other hotel staff were really friendly. The room was clean as well. Also, One thing I liked about the location was that, the rooms were located away from the road so it was really peaceful.
Definitely worth the price

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Gaithersburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I arrived at the hotel after 17 hours of driving. I was worried because even the parking lot was in disrepair! The first room had no heat...as well as no internet, was smoked laidened (I specifically asked for non-smoking room), the room looked slapped together and there were holes in the walls! Even our second room had only a small amount of heat, was also smokey and I have asthma! I could hardly breathe! My husband could not find a plug to use to connect his c-pap machine...we checked out the next morning! We had gone through priceline.com and they charged the full amount of our stay before we left home! We asked for a refund (willing to pay for the one night we did stay) however they would not refund the full amount!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Owingsville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Traveled 14 hours, upon getting to hotel they had give my room away, had to stand there for 30 minutes while receptionist called her manager and tried to straighten the situation out...Got to room there was an awful stink as soon as you opened the door....Sleeping on the bed was like sleeping on concrete, no clean towels or linens for the bed....Will never stay at Red Roof Inn again, and wouldn't recommend to anyone.....

Room Tip: Don't stay there.....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
redroofpalmharbor, Owner at Red Roof Inn Clearwater -Tarpon Springs, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Clearwater (Tarpon Springs) Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for three weeks while visiting family in nearby Dunedin. It's close to Clearwater, Honeymoon Island and Caladesi Island. It's no four star hotel, but it's clean, spacious and the pool is very nice. We had someone clean our room everyday, without asking, and there would be fresh sheets and towels. I'd say that's pretty good for a $50 a night hotel in which we stayed for 21 nights. The staff was friendly and the grounds were quiet and secluded. I'm not sure why people have so many complaints. Some people just like to complain, I suppose. We travel often and stay at some high end places and this by far is not a bad place for the price. Sure, the tv and decor is a little dated, but by no means bad. We are returning to the area this winter and plan to have yet again another extended stay at this location. Don't trust the bad reviews. It's a great place to stay in a beautiful area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Clearwater -Tarpon Springs? Share your experiences!