“Pleasantly surprised...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suncoast Primate Sanctuary Foundation, Inc.

Suncoast Primate Sanctuary Foundation, Inc.
4600 Alternate Highway 19, Palm Harbor, FL 34683
727-943-5897
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Palm Harbor
Activities: Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: The Suncoast Primate Sanctuary is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization home to over 70 animals including Chimpanzees, Orangutans, Monkeys, Reptiles, Tropical Birds, and more! Whether coming to the Sanctuary after being a personal pet or retiring from the laboratory and film industries, the Sanctuary is here to provide these magnificent animals with a safe haven to spend out the rest of theirlives in peace and with dignity.One person can make a difference in an animal, child, or senior's life!
Tampa
5 attraction reviews
“Pleasantly surprised...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have lived in the Palm Harbor area for 14 years and never visited this place until today. It took a Groupon and a 3 year-old grandson who loves animals to finally explore the place I have driven by countless times. I love animals and have avoided zoos since I was little because I hated to see animals in cages. The animals here are in cages...but these cages are their "homes." They are clean, well cared for and very well fed. The volunteers were all amazing...kind, knowledgeable and committed to the humane treatment of these animals. We met "Pongo," a 15-year-old orangutan that "retired" from showbiz two years ago. He is a beautiful animal and our favorite of all their great apes. The animals have a variety of toys individualized for their likes, skills, etc. The Sanctuary also had exotic birds, goats, alligators, turtles, tortoises, ducks and a big snake. My grandson and I loved the place and we will certainly go back again and again now that we discovered it right in our backyard.

Visited January 2013

Florida, United States
“Awsome Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Wonderful place most helpful staff you even get to hold aligators they get fed 5 times a day 24hour water licksits toys to play with and there not out in the wild having to wonder about bullets flying at them every day.

Clearwater, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Wonderful Home for Primates!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I went with my friends to the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary over the holiday weekend and we had spent about an hour visiting all of the animals. It is such a wonderful place to help abandoned primates find a good home. We took some pictures of the animals that we fed. They were well behaved and were easily taked care of by the volunteers.

Palm Harbor, Florida
“The is place is a blessing from God”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is the most honorable staff one will ever meet! Thank you for caring for these medical research primates after they had given so much to medicine...and me

Dunedin, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Good time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

They provided lots of information about the animals (I liked learning how they ended up there) and the staff was super knowledgeable and engaging.

Visited September 2012