“Pleasantly Surprised !!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Palm Coast
Deltona, Florida
“Pleasantly Surprised !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Pleasantly surprised was what I was after booking this hotel online. I'd like to say that the customer service of this hotel was great. What a asset to the Best Western team to have front reservationist Jackie. She was such a big help to me. I needed a early check-in for a surprise and she accommodated me with ease & a smile. The hotel is a easy accessible hidden treasure for Palm Coast. The king room was clean and had such a comfortable bed. Work on breakfast...(truck was late, so limited food). This is a hotel I will recommend as well as definitely stay again.

Coco Chanel, Deltona Fla.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Palm Coast, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Ms. Morris,
First off I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. We genuinely appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future. Jackie is a great asset to our team, and strives everyday to provide excellent customer service. We will continue working on our ordering process as to make sure there are no lapses in food service.

Have a great day and If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 386-446-4457.

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Handy I-95 location and priced right, too. Park in front of your room which makes it sooooo much easier to transport luggage, etc! Had a spacious double with fridge, micro, plenty of HOT water, "clean" remote for TV, good wifi signal, great A/C. While the furnishings were perhaps a little dated and showed some wear, they weren't in disrepair. Nothing was broken and all it really lacked was a flat screen tv. My room was spotless, the bedding was clean and fluffy, towels were white, sparkling granite countertop. The parking lot felt secure, which meant alot as I was traveling solo on this trip. Breakfast was standard fare but there are restaurants nearby, Cracker Barrel, etc. Staff exceptionally helpful ~ thanks, Jen! Will definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ryan W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Palm Coast, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Linda,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review our property regarding your recent stay.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. Jen does an awesome job and I am glad she was able make you feel welcome so far away from home. We hope you will come back and see us the next time you are in the area.

Thank you again for taking the time to post this review,and once again we greatly appreciate your business!

Venice, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This motel is comfortable and clean and is convenient to several eateries. It is a welcome rest traveling on I-95 and it is a place where my dog is welcome. They also are honest and returned a camera that I left there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ryan W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Palm Coast, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Dan K,
First off we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your destination. We pride ourselves in superior customer service, starting with the honesty and integrity of our employees. I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to leave this review.

Sunrise, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Kinda disappointed on this one. It was a good stay as far as sleeping and the beds were good, but didn't care for the small roaches in the bathroom, or the sewer smell that emanated from it. And the furniture in the room was "sticky" to the touch, like when you put your forearms on the table, for some reason. Wasn't impressed with the breakfast offerings. As far as spending the night, it was a good place and comfortable. The night clerk on the front desk, Tori, was a pleasure to work with.

Room Tip: There's a Cracker Barrel across the street!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ryan W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Palm Coast, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear William,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your opinions with us. I apologize for any inconvienice you may have experinced during your stay here. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition please know that your comments and issues will be addressed.
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Best Western’s Palm Coast is a good alternative to expensive hotels in Saint Augustine, especially during the weekend, because it is less than a half hour south of the oldest city in Florida on I-95, exit 289 if I have good memory. But don’t trust my memory and check with your GPS before leaving the expressway!

If you prefer to take my usual scenic road A1A by the ocean, you will go as far as FLAGLER BEACH (North of Daytona Beach and Ormond Beach), then take SR 800 going west (you could hardly go east because that’s the Atlantic Ocean…) until a couple of blocks before I-95. Then, you turn right on “Old Kings Road”, which runs parallel to I-95 on the east side, to go north for about ten minutes or so, until you reach “Kingswood Drive” where you turn left for about half a block. BW is on your left hand side, right before a Choice Hotels “Sleep Inn” which is on the right hand side. There is another way, north of SR 800, but you must pay $2 bridge toll.

I stayed there on Tuesday July 24, 2012, before spending one night and two days in Saint Augustine (you may want to read my review of the “Quality Inn Historic District” right here in Trip Advisor); then I returned to the BW for another night on Thursday July 26.

Both nights I got king room 201, a corner room at the other end of the building with an external corridor, facing “Old Kings Road”, for only $55 because I qualify for the “State Employee’s” discounted rate, since I teach at F.I.U., which is a public university. Normal rate is about 20% higher, which is still very good for the type of room that I had. Naturally, all rates include the usual buffet breakfast, for which you pay $15 + extra in Europe!

It is true that this is a rather small room by US standards, as small as the one I had at the Best Western “Hôtel de la Poste” in Troyes, France, where I slept on Tuesday, June 19, 2012. If you are planning a trip to France, you should absolutely spend at least a couple of days in this wonderful city, with plenty of buildings dating from the fifteenth and the sixteenth centuries, together with several medieval churches. In that case, you may want to read my comment about this Best Western “Hôtel de la Poste” in Troyes, France, that I also posted in T.A.

But in spite of its small size by US standards, this room has a king bed (which makes the room seem smaller), a big desk (three times as big as the ones you find in European hotels!) with an executive chair and a comfortable club chair to watch TV, something that I’ve seldom found outside of the US! It also has a coffee maker, a refrigerator with a big ice compartment and a microwave, which you will never find in Europe or in South America. The only place where I have seen a microwave outside of the U.S. is at the Quality Inn “Bibliothèque François Mitterrand” on Rue de Tolbiac in Paris, where you will pay four times the price I paid in Palm Coast! If you are going to Paris, you may want to read my review about this hotel, where I give practical information about public transportation to go from CDG airport to the city center, which might be helpful for you.

I must say that, besides its size, there is a downside to this room 201. In Florida, when the bathtub is too filthy, instead of spending a few weeks scrubbing it with lots of Clorox, as I did with mine when I moved into my current apartment in Miami Beach, they just paint it!

This is what they did with the bathtub of this corner room. The problem is that the paint is gone in several spots, showing the black bottom of the tub! This is outrageous for a Best Western hotel, but that’s why I always travel with my beach rubber slippers, even when I go to famous chains such as BW, HI, etc., including SPG!

On the other hand, this place is less than one mile from a shopping center with a Wal Mart, a Sonny’s restaurant and several other stores. One block from the hotel, there is a CVS and you will find a Starbucks another block farther. There is also a Cuban/Mexican cheap restaurant just about three or four blocks away, on Old Kings Road, called “Los Amigos”, for which I also posted a review in Trip Advisor.

Finally, this hotel is located in a charming area with plenty of trees all around and you should give it a try on your next trip to Saint Augustine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Ryan W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Palm Coast, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property in your recent response.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked and disliked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We are currently in the process of resurfacing our tubs and will have the whole property done by the end of this quarter. We hope you will come back and see us again if you are ever in the area.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

This place stated they were a certain star rating. I have stayed at 2 star hotels a lot nicer than this. All the staff smoke and when they clean the rooms it smells of it. Also the lobby was cramped with food and furniture... Not enough room to eat. The rooms had two doUbles that did not look clean and the bathroom was dirty and had brown water coming through the spouts. I would not recommend this hotel. Spend a few extra dollars and go to the Hilton.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
bwpcmanager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Palm Coast, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Ian,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 386-446-4457.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I booked this hotel through Priceline and was a little leary after going on this site and reading what some other the other guests that had stayed there had to say. However, I was in for a big surprise. I cannot uinderstand how this hotel ever got a bad review from anyone. My family is set to check out this morning and we all really hate to leave. The staff here is absolutely wonderful. The rooms are very nice and clean. The grounds are well maintained. I could not have asked for anything any better. I would definitely stay here over and over again and recommend it to anyone looking for a great hotel at a great price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

BEST WESTERN Palm Coast

Been to BEST WESTERN Palm Coast? Share your experiences!