“Hotels just ok!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Palm Coast

You added Red Roof Inn Palm Coast to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Palm Coast
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Kingswood Dr., Palm Coast, FL 32137 (Formerly Sleep Inn)   |
Call Hotel:
Special Offer
RATES AS LOW AS $65
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Palm Coast
Lombard, Illinois
“Hotels just ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days,and was in 3 different rooms. The first night we were in a double room. Room seemed clean. Came to hotel after dinner and used the bathroom the handle to the toliet broke off. We had to switch room at 11 o'clock at night. The next day switched to a king room. That room was clean. The pool was not as clean as it could be. Complimentary breakfast was cleaned up before the time said. Hotel overall needs attention. New owners took over shortly before we check on might explain things.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Garden City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We booked a 4 night stay here to visit a relative who lives nearby - all other hotels were booked solid. We won't be back. We have 2 young children (2 and 7 mos) and were surprised to find there are no bathtubs in the whole hotel, so had to give them sponge baths as they are too small for the shower. We asked for cribs and I was assured they had 4 available, but when we arrived the sleepy clerk didn't even know they had cribs, let alone where they were. After she called someone to find out, she promised they would be there "in 15 minutes" but 1 1/2 hours later they still were not there, so my husband wound up going to get them himself. The property is understaffed and there is hardly ever anyone at reception - once, the maintenance man helped me to get the key reprogrammed because the desk clerk was nowhere to be found. There is no fridge in the room, no lamps at the bedside, the TV was on the fritz (kept going to a red screen and then flipping back), the bed was lumpy and uncomfortable, and even though it was clear we had 2 children in the room, housekeeping only provided us with towels for 2 people. On top of all that the area around the pool smelled bad. The only plus sides were the room was clean and air conditioned and the hotel was close to our relative and well located close to the highway and Cracker Barrel. There were much nicer hotel sites nearby including some that are brand new - we will stay at one of those next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We have spent 1 night at this hotel. The bed sheet were dirty, found hair on the bed sheet,
There is no WIFI due supposely to the wheater but I doubt on that, no Internet the morning as well.
There is no Microwave , no Fridge
So we wont return

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My Husband and I wanted to get away on a mini vacation. So we decided to head towards St Augustine. Palm coast is close by. My husband was getting over a head cold so we decided to stop in Palm coast to stay over. Now honestly the Sleep Inn was not my first choice. Unfortunately all the hotels around it were booked solid. So I we had to stay there. I was floored by the lack of customer service. When I walked in no body greeted me, actually I waited a good 5 minutes just to see anybody. Then when the guy did show up he just walked by and went around to the behind the counter. Then had the nerve to say Can I help you? I was like "obviously" !!! I Got my room for 60$ Thank God, because I would have been really pissed if I had spent more. I couldn't believe the guy acting like a jerk on the phone to people telling them the rate was $90 a night. Anyway My room was soooo small and the carpet was gross I didn't even want to take off my shoes. My husband slept on top of the covers. The bed was hard as rocks!!!! I wish we had just stayed the hell home.... Especially when I was laying in bed in the middle of the night in tears and only got about 3 hours of sleep...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else !!! I personally love the Courtyard by Marriot.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed at the Sleep Inn in Palm Coast, FL for one night in February 2012. I was going to travel to Jacksonville the next day early in the morning, so just needed a hotel off of I-95 and within an hour of JAX. The price was fair ( about $70 total ) for a one nite stay.

Here are the positives on the hotel:
-Location - just off I-95 in Palm Coast, within one hour of Jacksonville.
-Plenty of Restaurants nearby.
-Price is very good for the budget minded traveler.
-Room was clean and A/C, TV and TV remote worked.

Here are some of the problems I encountered here:
-WIFI wireless access signal was so weak that I could not get on either at 10 pm nor 5 AM.
As a business traveler, this is unacceptable from a hotel that advertises free WIFI. I would
have paid for the access, but not an option. Also, not an option was a wired connection.
-One of the 1st floor side entry doors was broken from the outside. You could go out the
door, but not come in. In the morning, I noticed that the door was propped open, so
anyone during the nite could have come in that door...Security issue for sure.
-Although, not a problem, the front desk attendant just seemed totally uninterested in my
presence when checking in...can't say rude, but just uninterested.

In short, the price and location is very good. Please take note of the issues encountered above. I would not be able to recommend this hotel to anyone who needs WIFI / internet access, nor could I recommend this hotel to anyone where security is a concern.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I just stayed at this Inn for one night. i was completely set back by the high cost $255.29 for one night. Even thou it was during Daytona Bike Week it was located over 10 miles for any events going on. I questioned the high cost at time of check in and was told by one of the desk Clerks that if it was up to them they would only charge $59.00 but since they seem to be gouging the customers if you needed a place to stay then you had to pay the high cost for a room that reaked of pet urine (I had to use my own room freshener) just so that I could sleep. when I checked out I used my Visa and the receipt shows I paid $ 221.99 but when I looked at my Visa Statement it shows $255.29.. do not have a clue as to why it was changed or for that matter nothing was said that there might be an extra charge added. This place needs to be reviewed and I plan on notifying the Fla BBB. I have asked for a reply from this hotel and will see what they have to say..I would never stay at this place and recommend to anyone who is traviling that they stay away or find yourself in the same situation..Bad business....

Room Tip: Look else where....
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Stayed one night here again, haven't been here for 5 years but its still well maintained and very clean.

Room Tip: Top floor is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Palm Coast? Share your experiences!