“Beware.......” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Palm Coast
leesburg fl
“Beware.......”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

We stayed here over Father's Day weekend(1st mistake). We had initially planned to stay in a 3 bedroom condo at the cinnamin beach area but found the place to be dirty, doors to all bathrooms did not close, bedding was missing, there were workers on scaffolding right outside the balcony....When we called for info we were told that there would be chairs at the beach area but there were none where these condos are and it is a pain to get to the beach and there are no sidewalks, you have to walk in the parking lot. We decided to see if we could be moved and we were able to for a higher price go to the main building which we thought was owned by the resort but found out that all rooms are privately owned..... It was much much better in the main building, beautiful view and pretty clean, Tables and counters were dirty and sheets had pills and the towels were very worn looking and lots of pulls..... The staff was wonderful, but on Fathers DAy they were understaffed and very crowded and when we got to the beach(which is ok but rocky in water) there were no beach umbrellas left and we had to set up our own chairs which were the last ones left. They had one boy to work on the beach..... Also my dad went to get water and it was all gone, needless to say we did not have a good 1st impression of the place. on Monday it was much better, less people plenty of staff... The pool areas are great for Toddlers(our 3 year old loved it) The grounds are very nice and it is secluded but if you stay in the other buildings it's a hike to the main building. We had a nice time but it was way to much money for what you got. I was very disappointed because it was the first time my parents came with us to a 4 star resort and it was not up to par!!! Also there web site says 5 miles from St augustine but it is more like 30 miles...... The best part was the staff was always pleasant and did there best to accomidate us. Would not go back unless much less expensive and linnens were newer.

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Slovak first
St. Charles, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

When traveling with small children, space, family friendly, and yet adult without the amusement park atmoshpere are hard to come by. This
place was fantastic and we wish we could have stayed longer than 4 days. The "cashless" resort is a great idea and there is no tipping -so there are no attitudes, from the bellman to the waitress by the pool to the waiter at dinner. Beautifully decorated and SPOTLESS villa, it was nicer than my house. We had a walk as we were on the owner properites in a 3 bedroom two-1/2 bath, but it was 5 minutes and worth it. Ours overlooked the golf course on a water hole with a screened in porch. We could have put two families here instead of just us two adults and two young children. Full kitchen, and a spa-like master bathroom. With an adult pool, a zero-depth "sand" pool and zero depth pool at the bottom of a water slide, and a lazy river,
there were plenty of places to hang out with the family. And with kid
and family activitiies all day, with the most child-friendly staff, you are never board. Races, mini-golf, painting, bonfires, music, bikes, golf...There is an indoor pool as well but we never made it. We had an issue with the key getting into our villa with check in and the bellman made the trip. He became our personal valet, checking
in with us throughout our stay, even running us to the off-campus grocer ten-minutes before close in the property van. (It's a 5 minute
drive, but you wouldn't walk it.) Across the bridge ($2 cash) is everything you could also need, like chain restaurants and shopping.
The senior tournament was starting while we were there so we couldn't
play the golf course but it was beautfiul. Have breakfast at the restaurant overlooking the beach. The beach was OK (Jacksonville was better.) Well worth the price.

• Liked — Clean and great service
  • Disliked — Not being able to play golf this time!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
york, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2007

From the gate house to the hosekeepers I can't say enough about the level of customer service we received at the Club at Hammock Beach. Everyone we passed had a smile on their face and something nice to say. Anytime we had a question or concern the staff tripped over themselves to accomodate us and make our stay as wonderful as possible.
We stayed in a 3-bedroom condo which was absolutley stunning. I would highly recommend the upgrade to anyone travelling with children - it was honestly the most relaxing vacation we've taken since we've had children, and it was all because of the room! Having our own full-sized, fully-stocked kitchen was key (think breakfast and sandwiches at your leisure - ice cream, too!) and each kid having their own bedroom was huge, too! It was no harder to coordinate nap times than it is at home - and my husband and I could watch tv or nap without disturbing anyone!
The family pool was great. You don't come across too many pools that are shaded (partially) - it was great. We never even went to any of the other many pools, we were so happy there. Lunch and drink service to your chaise and the slide kept everyone contented.
I highly recommend this resort (and especially the 3-bedroom units) to any harried mother who has seen her vacations become "family trips" and is looking for a vacation of her own!

• Liked — feeling like royalty
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Jamlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2007

Just wanted to write a quick note to all of you who were wanting/ thinking about staying at Hammock Beach. GO!!! It is wonderful! From the moment we drove up to the property, I was in heaven.....Until I lost my purse but someone greatfully turned it into concierge and I had it back in no time. Everything is sooooo clean and all of the workers are friendly and nice. The pools are awesome (I think there was 5) and the band playing at the adult pool was really fun! I would recommend this resort to ANYONE. One thing that I couldnt believe was no-one accepts tips....valet....concierge...bellman.....no one , and I even tried because they were so nice. It is all included in the nightly rate. I thought that was really cool. Go to Hammock Beach!

• Liked — Cleanliness and Staff
  • Disliked — bars close early
orlando, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

Loved this resort! My friends and I wanted to get away for the weekend, so, we rented a 3/3 condo overlooking the ocean. We enjoyed the pool, lazy river, spa and much more. We ate at the resort’s sushi restaurant and after dinner we enjoyed live music at the lodge. We’ll all be back next time with our boyfriends and husbands because they would have loved the golf course overlooking the ocean!

Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

So super fab! Loved it! My friend lost her purse there and the staff found it and returned it to her.

• Liked — the pool
  • Disliked — leaving
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2007

My expectations were surpassed when I arrived at the resort. It was soo beautiful. It was like stepping into heaven. It was an oasis I could totally relax and enjoy the beauty for a few days and really "get away from it all". The size of the rooms and the facility surpassed my expectation. I was there for a family reunion and the 3 bedroom condos were big enough to entertain our family for a family breakfast we planned. The staff were wonderful and friendly. The facility was clean and beautiful. The only damper on my whole stay was when I first arrived and the man at the guard gate asked me if my parking permit (that was given to me by the facility) was real. A family member had arrived prior to me and had gotten a permit for my car. I suppose I did not fit the profile of who he thought would stay there. Those types of assumptions have no place in todays world and has the potential to have longterm negative financial effects. There was also a problem with finding my name on the reservations. I booked the reservations for the family and pointedly asked to make sure my name appears on the reservation because i would be receiving packages for the family reunion event at the resort and there seemed to be a problem on more than one occassion. This is a kink that needs to be worked out. Guests should not have to be concerning themselves with such minor details as this.

• Liked — The beauty, comfort and size of the rooms
  • Disliked — That it was far away from everything (shopping, restaurants, entertainment)
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hammock Beach Resort? Share your experiences!