“Great family stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Palm Coast
Lansdale PA
“Great family stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This review is a bit late but we stayed in the condominiums behind the main building two summers ago. We rented a two bedroom unit and our two sons stayed in the second bedroom. We always try and get two bedrooms when travelling for that extra bit of space. The two bedroom was in excellent condition and was well stocked. It was a great size for those times we were hanging out before or after the beach. The main pool was great for our boys, age 12 and 9 and the beach was also nice. The staff was very friendly in our limited contact with the them. The walk to the beach was OK. Might be a bit longer for families with younger kids but not killer. We did not eat there or play golf but the course is very highly rated and was in great shape. We travelled up to St. Augustine which was about a 40 minute drive, cool town to check out. Would recommend the condos for a family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Slovak first
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed for an extended weekend golf trip. We played both of the resort golf courses. Both courses were excellent and were well maintained. The resort suite was large and well furnished with a great view of the ocean. The check in process could have been better. We were assigned to a room which had the wrong kind of beds from what we had reserved. They quickly changed us to another room, but it was an inconvenience. The resort sits on a beautiful piece of property with great views. The buildings are starting to show their age though. A little more attention to detail on maintenance is needed. The TV system is confusing. We had four remotes in our unit and could not get the TV to work without getting assistance from the maintenance guy.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
HBExecutiveOffice, Manager at Hammock Beach Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking time to share your comments, compliments, and concerns from your recent visit. We are currently in the process of upgrading many areas of the resort so that we can keep up with our level of service. We have shared your comments with our staff and management team so that we can learn from and improve upon. We hope that if your travel plans do have you visiting the area again, you will give us another chance to make your stay memorable.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a beautiful weekend at Hammock Beach Resort. The property is impeccably maintained and just gorgeous! When we arrived to the room we all gasped at the amazing view! We were all up to see the sunrise and it was breathtaking! We were an hour away from home, but felt like we were a world away with the amazing views! The staff were all very helpful. We had room service for lunch and I had one of the best burgers I've ever had! The bartender at the pool made amazing Tequila Sunrises and the guy that helps with the umbrellas at the beach is a very hard worker and very polite. The lady in the gift shop was getting ready to close but when my niece and I showed up she told us to take our time and I could tell she meant it. I wish I would have gotten everyone's names to give them personal accolades, but one name I did get and want to recognize is Valarie in the Spa. She was incredibly kind to my mother, who is disabled. She made accommodations for my mom to receive a mani/pedi and made her feel pampered and special. Valarie was genuine is her sweetness and we will never forget her kind spirit. This was a very memorable weekend for us and Hammock Beach is a very special place.
Thank you.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, from the entire team at Hammock Beach Resort for taking time to share your comments and excitement with others. It makes us proud to be able to provide a great place for you and your family to relax, have fun, and foster great memories. We thank you for sharing your comments and we hope to continue welcoming you to Hammock Beach Resort for years to come.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After staying many times at Reunion Resort in Orlando (another Salamander property) where we've always had an exceptional stay, we decided to drive out to Hammock Beach Resort and experience what we thought would be the same service and quality that we had always received at Reunion.

From the moment we arrived to the time we left, it was by far the most frustrating stay we've ever had at a resort.

We arrived around 4:30 after a long drive expecting our room to be ready, after all check in was 4PM I believe?? Our room wasn't ready. We were told it would be about 20 more minutes. We opted to roam the very large grounds and make our way to the beach. The beach was great.

After about 45 minutes we went back to the front desk to see if the room was ready. Still not ready. At that point we spoke to a manager and he was able to confirm that it was ready. We were given instructions as to how to get to the building we were staying in. We parked, got to the elevator and realized the front desk man forgot to write the room number down.

Keeping in mind there's quite a distance from where we were staying and the front desk, my husband walked in the sweltering heat to get the room number as there was no phone in the elevator area to call.

Got the room number, made it to the room...lovely 3 bedroom, however it was not what we reserved. Not enough beds for our group. CAlled front desk, there solutions was to send us a roll away bed, or cot. I don't think so!

I made the trip myself this time back to the front desk to speak to another manager. He found us another room, at the other end of the resort, but proceeded to tell me that this was an ocean view, more money, etc. As if he was doing ME a favour!

Packed everything up drove to the area where we were staying only to discover we couldn't access any of the elevators from the under ground parking. I think we must of packed and un packed the car 4 or 5 times before we figured out where to park and that was after talking to employees who worked there who knew just as much as we did. There was no signs clearly indicating where to park.

After about two hours after arriving, we finally settled into our room. It was very nice, spacious, but you could see that time had taken a toll on the unit. Walls were in rough shape, marked up, etc.

Our first night was a disaster, oh and did I mention we had to call a technician in that evening because none of the tv's worked?

The grounds were beautiful. but not enough lounging chairs around the pools, specifically the lazy river.

We were only there for 2 nights, not enough time to experience the entire resort, but with the overall experience we had, I wouldn't have stayed any longer.

FYI..there's no sign on the main street directing you to the resort. We had GPS and even then it was difficult to find.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for taking time to comment about your recent visit. Needless to say, we wish your experience had been much more enjoyable, and apologize for the shortcomings you faced. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had. If your travel plans do have you visiting the area again, please reach out to me directly at lsmith@hammockbeach.com. We sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay memorable.
Santa Clarita, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Concierge were incompetent, rude, and completely immature. My reservation was read back to me correctly, confirmation came in completely different, manager "fixed it, everything will be fine", we arrive, and no one was aware of the corrections, manager is no where to be seen. One Concierge (Kristie) was great, one was completely rude and the other two were childish beyond words.
The early check-in we were given by the manager, was not added to the reservation. We were told to check in periodically to see if our room was ready. Checked back, only to be told, "your room will be ready at 4, no need to check back." Finally got our room, housekeeping had washed the carpets my daughter fell and hit her head on the wet tile. THEY SHOULD NO YOU DO NOT RENT A ROOM WITH WET CARPET. All our plans for the stay were canceled, did not want to stay a second longer, or give these people another dollar of my money.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for taking time to comment about your recent visit. Needless to say, we wish your experience had been much more enjoyable, and apologize for the shortcomings you faced. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had. We value the input of our guests and are truly concerned when they are unhappy in any way. If you would please reach out to me, I would be happy to research the shortfalls you encountered. You can reach me directly via e-mail at lsmith@hammockbeach.com. I look forward to being of assistance.
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Recently stayed at Hammock Beach for a conference. The grounds are beautiful and all the staff seemed courteous and helpful. My biggest complaint was with the air conditioning unit in my room. It was very loud and made it difficult to sleep. I checked with others at our conference and all said the same thing so I know it wasn't just my room. Was also disappointed in the television. Was the old tube style and non HD. Not many hotels still using this type. A good nights sleep is a necessity when away from home. Due to the noisy AC units I cannot recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay at Hammock Beach Resort. We sincerely apologize for the experience you had regarding the loud air conditioner in your room. We are currently in the process of upgrading many areas of the resort so that we can keep up with our level of service. We hope that if your travel plans do have you visiting the area again, you will give us another chance to make your stay memorable.
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I went here for business and stayed 2 nights at the resort. We had a 2 day conference and the resort managed everything beautifully. The 3 bedroom suite we stayed in was fantastic, the food was great and the service was impeccable. I wish I had more time to spend at the pool. The set up was great. I would recommend this place for getaways, weddings and business functions. The ocean views and golf courses are beautiful!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your comments and excitement regarding your recent stay at Hammock Beach Resort, during your conference. We hope you are able to come back for a visit soon!

Been to Hammock Beach Resort? Share your experiences!