“Slightly disappointed; but overall a good stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Hammock Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Ocean Crest Drive, Palm Coast, FL 32137   |
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Palm Coast
Atlanta, GA
“Slightly disappointed; but overall a good stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was our first visit to Hammock Beach Resort. We stayed in a 3-bedroom condo, which was beautiful. There was plenty of room, condo was clean, and it was very nicely decorated. It was a bit of a trek to the main hotel and amenities, but well worth it.

We arrived a little before 4PM (check in time). We were told that the staff was in cleaning the condo, and it should be ready "shortly." They asked our cell phone number, and they would call when it was ready. We were also given a card with the direct number to the condo; however, no room number until it was ready. Thinking it would be a short time (the concierge even suggested we unpack the car during that time), we chose to wait in the car. At 4:45, we called the number and we were told 15 more minutes. When I didn't receive a call at 5:15, I called the room back, and no answer. I then called the main number at 5:30, and was told the condo was ready. I don't know if I would have ever received the call that the unit was available.

On our day of check out, I called and requested a late check out. We wanted to stay until 1200, rather than the 1100. We were told that since there was another guest checking in, that she could not authorize this. I explained that we were unable to get into our condo late, and was still told no.

When we went to check out, there was an extra charge on the bill for a round of putt putt. We had already pre-paid in our package. The staff member told me she would take it off the bill. Then I noticed there was an extra 100.00 charge. She said she would call billing and see what it was, but she didn't want to check us out yet. We went down to the beach for a little bit, and upon returning, she said she spoke with billing, and we underpaid by 100.00 I told her that couldn't be because we had to pay the balance prior to arriving. She basically said, "sorry, that it was it is." When I pushed a little harder, she gave the number directly to the person. When I called, she said she wanted to research it, and she was not going to "check us out" quite yet. I found this comical (and told her so), because we wanted to stay late but were told no. She did apologize. We did receive a call back about 2PM stating they figured it out (charged for an extra spa treatment), and she adjusted the bill.

Overall, our experience was good. Staff was friendly (particularly those at the beach and putt putt). The pools were gorgeous. Landscaping was very well maintained.

However, we have stayed around the world, and check in time is check in time. I have had to wait, but never more than 15 minutes. And from reading the reviews, it does not sound as if it is an isolated issue. Maybe consider hiring more staff. Also, if I didn't press the issue about the 100, I feel we would have incurred this extra charge. So I would review your bills closely.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Slovak first
Sioux City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed in a 3 bedroom Ocean Tower Sweet. It was huge, clean, well furnished with a large balcony. So relaxing and we all had a great time. We ordered in room dining several of the nights and the staff was wonderful and the food excellent. There is a nice beach and it was never overcrowded when we were there. Such a relaxing experience and we are so glad we went there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brittany B, Manager at Hammock Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Hammock Beach! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your Ocean Tower accommodations, and hope you will return for future vacations!
St Augustine, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have visited this resort twice and absolutely love it! We stayed in the main tower in a king room. I have never visited a nicer hotel room than this. Huge bathroom with separate tub and shower, double vanity, and space for your stuff! The room is a gorgeous suite, with two tv's, fold out couch, a small table, mini fridge, and small cooktop. Go ahead, check under the bed- this place is immaculate! (and I am picky) The patio is outstanding and the view= well, you just can't beat an ocean view!

The pool facilities are amazing! Yes, it is difficult to find chairs. The lazy river is great and the kids loved the slide. The beach is gorgeous and clean. It is amazing to go down to the beach and have an assistant bring you chairs and an umbrella to the location of your choice. (for free!) There are rocks in the ocean, be careful.

In terms of food: poolside service is so convenient. We enjoyed all that we ordered; burgers, quesadillas, and chicken fingers. Yummy fries! We visited the sports bar twice; one experience great, other poor, so it balances out. We ate at Delfinos and unfortunately would not recommend it. Run of the mill food for above average prices. There is a Publix around the corner, so stock your mini fridge. There is a great pizza place nearby that delivers!

I have visited the spa there on two separate ocassions. This is the bar by which to measure other spa experiences. The facilities are clean, expansive, and upscale. Wonderful massages!

I agree with another reader; I would love to keep tthis amazing place a secret. It is a quick drive for us to spend a weekend in paradise. Waiting for the next special so we can book another trip!

Room Tip: Book a room in the tower on a higher floor. Lower rooms have obstructed views due to the indoor poo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Hammock Beach! We are thrilled that you continue to choose Hammock Beach as your vacation destination, and look forward to welcoming you back for years to come!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went back to Hammock Beach and we loved it again!! We stayed in two different rooms ( we went with the whole family). First we stayed at the regular one bedroom which was excellent. Then we moved to a three bedroom suite! Amazing!!!! We loved it and we are going back for sure!! We went to the beach and it was perfect with beach chairs and umbrellas. The lazy river is lots of fun too!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for returning to Hammock Beach! We hope to welcome you back to Hammock Beach for years to come!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I want to tell everyone this place was terrible so I can keep the secret to myself. This place is amazing. The resort is so beautiful and the amenities are fabulous. If you like golf then this place has a very beautiful ocean side course with great views but I don't play so I can't really get into that. The resort has 5 amazing pools that will be like heaven for you and your kids. There is a big main pool with a 3 story waterslide that my son loved (and my husband and I enjoyed as well). There is a lazy river to relax with tubes provided. There is an adult pool, an indoor pool, and my favorite, a beach pool. Who wouldn't love the white sand of a beach combined with the clear cool wave free water of a pool. This was by far my son's favorite pool! There is also a very large hot tub and 2 smaller hot tubs near the indoor pool. The town has not been overrun by tourist or chain hotels and is very quiet and calm. This makes the beaches less crowded and more enjoyable. It was very relaxing and stress free unlike the more popular beach destinations. The beach was nice and we never had a problem finding chairs. There were sea turtle nests along the shore which was exciting for my son to see. The restaurants were a bit pricey but that is to be expected from most resorts and the food was wonderful. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome. I only have one complaint and that is that there were no ice machines. You had to call for ice to be delivered and then they brought a huge bag when all we needed was a few glasses worth so it seemed to be a waste. It would be more convenient if they just had a couple machines somewhere on the property. But I can deal with that because we loved this place and had an amazing time at the beach and the pools and I would love to return here. We stayed in the one room suite in the main tower and it was a nice room with plenty of space and a great view. I would love to get my extended family to go and try out the 3 bedroom condos and show them the beauty of this place and what fun it was. I recommend this place 100% as you are sure to have a great time.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view of the ocean so you can't really get a bad room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brittany B, Manager at Hammock Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Hammock Beach! It is always a pleasure to hear our guest’s testaments of their Hammock Beach experience We are thrilled you enjoyed our One Bedroom Suite, and hope to welcome you back again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Can't say enough wonderful things about the pools! For adults there is a quiet pool and enourmous spa. The family area is amazing. Loved the waterfall, zero entry, and even pool depth. Especially appreciated all the shelves next to the edge; easy to sit in the water with a drink and supervise kids!! Love the waterside the most, and lazy river too. The sand pool was a lot of fun too. Visited the beach area, but couldn't wait to get back to the pools!! Crowding is a problem, as is chair saving. Biggest hurdle was the service; SLOW and difficult to track down a server. For the outrageous prices you are forced to pay since you can't bring outside food/drink in, I would expect the BEST. We got barely any attention and our party spent $200/day on food and drink. Frequently would send an adult on the hunt for a server. Wasted a lot of time!!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Hammock Beach! We are thrilled that your family enjoyed our pool complex! I apologize for our food and beverage service shortfalls, and will certainly use this feedback to better our future guest experience.
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We love this place! In fact, we were married on the property in 2010 amidst beautiful ocean views. We decided to marry at the Resort as it had been our favorite place to vacation over and over again. The property is absolutely gorgeous and the staff (many of whom are still there) are true professionals and consistently provide excellent service. From the moment you enter the lobby, the mood encourages you to relax and enjoy every bit of what the property has to offer. We have been many times with couples and also with our children, who love all of the activity options that the Resort has to offer. This is a true gem and we highly recommend a visit to Hammock Beach!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brittany B, Manager at Hammock Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2013

Been to Hammock Beach Resort? Share your experiences!