“Very personable and attentive staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Palm Coast
Ashland, MA
“Very personable and attentive staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a couple of days last week. Because of the renovations, the room was a bit noisy until around 6:30 pm. but the front desk informed us beforehand. We were greeted with a smile by the front desk. Ramona and Tammy are very nice in the morning and the food was really fresh and delicious. I wish that they had some street maps available of Palm Coast as we are looking to relocate in the near future. We spent some time out in the pool area and were always greeted by workers around the hotel. A very nice place to hang you hat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I was happy to read that you were able to enjoy your stay and that our renovations were not an inconvenience to your stay. We are sorry about the noise we should be done very shortly with all of the noise generating work at the hotel. I will pass of your kind words to staff and make sure they know you enjoyed your stay.

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Grahamstown, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Currently being renovated. Rooms were typical and the front desk was friendly and helpful. The area looks great. Enjoyed a walk on the beach and dinner along the beachfront. Pleased that the pancake machine was working.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had to stay for three nights at this hotel and can say that this hotel is so outdated, that even staff assurences that it will be close soon for renovation did not sound very promising. This hotel should be closed immediately! and fully renovated. A/C in our room was so loud that it was hard to sleep, it did not bring any coolness either as expected from A/C, but rather worked as fan. Last night we decided to shut it off and get some sleep, but couldn't sleep as our wall was trembling and we could hear the noise from the neighbor's A/C. Windows are made as a whole peace without opennings.
The staff was great, though. But please stay somewhere else until it's fixed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Lanatep,

Let me start by thanking you for your feedback, we value all of our guest feedback as instructional tools. I am glad you felt our staff was great, but I am sorry you had some problems with your room. We always strive for excellence and are dismayed when we don't achieve it. I have passed on your comments to our staff so we can better the experience for future guests. Our property is under new ownership and we are in fact beginning a major remodel, but we will without a doubt remain open during the entire process. Thank you again for taking the time to send us a review.

I hope that next time you visit Palm Coast you will give a chance to show you the difference.
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have been to hotels all over the world from 5 STAR to 1 and 1/2 STAR But this experience by far did out all the ohters. I live In Ny and was traveling by car down to Florida to meet up with some buddies and go to the keys. As I was taking my time on my trip I also spent a lot of money for food and hotels. I had a half a tank of gas left and no money. My pat check was going in the next day It was getting late so I called my buddies who were around 3 hours behind me. They told me to stop at a hotel for the night and wait for them and they will pay for the room when they get there. I said ok cool So as I was going down 95 I saw a sign that read Holiday Inn express 3 miles in palm coast Florida. When I walked in I told Lisa H my delemma and that i had to to wait a few hours before my friends came. Then I told her I was a priority club member. As I looked into her eyes and was nervous that she was going to send me to my car she told me where the buisness center was so I could check out my emails and needed anything else with the computer. I said " thank you so much" she said " I want you to feel as comfortable as possible until your friends arrive". Then she said If you need anything else please let me know! I said Ok thanks LISA H!! Then by my surprise there was a knock at the door and It was Lisa H I said Hello and there she was with a cup of coffee!!! ?????? I couldn't believe my eyes and was very happy!!! You see folks I read some reviews about a curse and maybe a loud A/C but whats better then hands down customer service like that????? Nothing I'm not much of a review guy but I'm happy as hell, so If your looking for top shelp customer service and I might say a pretty damn nice hotel for the price with great morning treats and unlimited coffee 24 hrs a day. Then go to this hotel and maybe you will be lucky enough to have LISA H behind the desk for you. Thanks Lisa!!!! Matt

Room Tip: Get the room with a pool view great and no more then any other room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Despite promise to previous complainants, A/C is incredibly loud. Pillow was also very lumpy. Ice machine in the hall was very loud. Room just seemed unclean. We slept very badly due to the noise and couldn't wait to get on the road again. One positive was a decent breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Masion50,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the hot breakfast that we offer to all of our guests. I want to let you know how sorry I am you had a negative experience while staying at our property. It is our goal to make every guest's stay as positive an experience as possible. I have passed on your thoughts to our staff to ensure we can correct these issues for the future guests staying with us. Thank you again for taking the time to send us your feedback.

We hope to get the chance to have you stay with us next time you are in Palm Coast so we can show you how great our property can be.
Valdosta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Firt off, even though the hotel was 28 minutes from Daytona Beach, they still found it necessaryu to overcharge. I coudn't even get a wash cloth my second day there when the housekeepers were cleaning. When I was checking out the staff was cussing and just being completely innappropriate and unprofessional. The hotel looked like it hadn't been rennuvated in years.

Room Tip: Choose a better hotel, period.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Eileen M,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write your review of our hotel. I am delighted that you rated us four stars on Sleep Quality. We take great pride in keeping our amenities excellent for our weary travelers. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care
West Viginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I spent 2 weeks here, good hotel with a great feel. Staff was outstanding and was well priced until the week of speed week. But all hotels seem to jack their prices through the roof during this week.

I had no complaints here!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thanks for your great feedback! It does get really busy here for the races in Daytona since we are just 20 minutes down the road. Makes it a prime location for people who don't want the hustle and bustle of Daytona but still want to stay close. I hope we can accommodate you next time you pass through Palm Coast.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast? Share your experiences!