“Great place to lay your head” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 12 hotels in Palm Coast
West Viginia
“Great place to lay your head”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I spent 2 weeks here, good hotel with a great feel. Staff was outstanding and was well priced until the week of speed week. But all hotels seem to jack their prices through the roof during this week.

I had no complaints here!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thanks for your great feedback! It does get really busy here for the races in Daytona since we are just 20 minutes down the road. Makes it a prime location for people who don't want the hustle and bustle of Daytona but still want to stay close. I hope we can accommodate you next time you pass through Palm Coast.

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Off I-95, conveniently located. The front desk staff was welcoming and personable and directed us to a very good local restaurant. The facility was clean, nicely appointed, and well maintained. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was bountiful and very good tasting (we were interested in the pancake machine - but we were already full from the other selections),

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
We are so glad we could make your stay comfortable while you were in Palm Coast. It is a bummer you were not able to check out the pancake machine as it is something to behold. Press the button and a few seconds later poof! pancakes. We are also glad you were able to try out one of Flagler County's excellent restaurant selections. Stop back by next time your in Florida!
Palm Harbor, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Just wanted to say thanks to Holiday Inn Express, Palm Coast and especially to front desk staff (Lisa and Megan) for great service. They were friendly and both had great personalities. Good Job Holiday Inn Express for finding two valued employees. If ever in Flagler Beach or Palm Coast again I will be staying with HiE!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Awesome! Thanks for the kind words. Megan and Lisa are both valued members of our team and we love to hear you feel the same. I will be sure to share your comments with them and we look forward to your next visit to Palm Coast!
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Good welcome upon arrival & the room was spacious & clean. The whole property was in good order & decided to try the pool which was in excellent condition although you are adjacent to the Interstate but does not effect the rooms at all.
Easy drive down to Flagler Beach to get a walk & dinner & breakfast, as most HI express, very good.
Good stopover or base depending on your needs.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
From our team here we would like to thank you for your review. We all agree that a good dip in the pool is a great way to relieve some of that travel stress. It is also good you took the time visit beautiful Flagler Beach while you were here as well. The beach here is still a hidden gem and a great place for surfing, playing or just a walk. We hope to see you again sometime soon on your travels.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

we stayed here for two nites, it pretty much like all the other h-inn express price is not bad rooms a decent nothing over the top good for short stay this location is right near i95 you will here the traffic most of the time, i recommend getin a room at the farther end of the hotel opposite of i95 highwy, they serve breakfast from 6am-930 which is pretty standard for these places nothing special but it is a little bit to get you goin for the day ahead. the pool was clean but they are in need of newer pool side chairs and tables, they run these places with limited staff and it hurts there operation. again as in my other reviews of h-inn exp they need to step it up a notch!!

Room Tip: suite is a little more its wort it...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
asheville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Disgusting room. Moldy shower-head. Smelly room. No remote to the TV. Old junky TV sounds only surpassed by the incredibly loud AC unit. Ice machine that didn't produce enough ice to even fill half the ice bucket. Odd bulky security cameras every few feet coupled with several signs about theft and parking at your own risk did not leave me feeling I was in a safe hotel. We only stayed there because we left the Hampton Inn next door due to bed bugs. This low quality room cost more than the much nicer Hampton Inn, and left us debating begging to go back to the Hampton Inn, despite bed bugs. However, it was the final night of our trip and we just decided to tough it out. Oh, and did I mention the ants? Lots of ants.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
HIExpressPalmCoast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Let me start by apologizing for your less than adequate experience you had with our property. We strive to make every guest's stay as positive an experience as possible. We need all types of feedback both positive and negative so I thank you for your candid remarks. I will be sure to share your feedback with all members of my staff and we will address the issues you had with your specific room immediately. I hope that you might be willing to give us a second chance if you ever pass through Palm Coast again. If you do please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed here because those cute little booklets you get at the "Welcome to Florida" centers had a coupon for about $25 off at this hotel. I would have had better luck had I simply slept in my car at that hospitality center!

It was late when we checked in after a long drive on I-95. Hubby had already fallen asleep so I decided to take a shower. First mistake. The scent of mildew was horrid in the bathroom. Mildew surrounding the shower soap dish should have been my first clue. Second was the mildew and mold on the side of the shower wall. Faulty shower rod allowed water to spray on the wall and continue to keep wet. I kept the door closed throughout the night only to be greeted by that moldy smell in the morning.

Manager offered to move me to another room in the morning but since we were only going to stay one night that was a moot point. I do NOT recommend this hotel until their housekeeping skills become far better than they are. One would only have had to stand in the bathroom to know this was not acceptable and UN-inhabitable.

Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Palm Coast instead. That's where we went after this HI fiasco. It's worth every penny and the staff are the best. Say hi to Jay and Tom. And the food's great too!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Again I would like to extend my apologies for your negative experience. By reading your post I see we spoke during your stay and I am sorry that our offer to move your room was not satisfactory. I have passed on your comments to the staff and we are using them along with other feedback to revamp our policies and procedures to hopefully prevent anyone else from having such a negative experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Palm Coast? Share your experiences!