“Quiet, clean and convenient.” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast on Us!
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Palm Coast
GreenLeadersSilver level
Valdosta, Georgia
“Quiet, clean and convenient.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at the HGI Palm Coast for two nights over MLK weekend. It was a very nice hotel. We got a great rate, that included breakfast for our two adults and child. The hotel was clean and very, very quiet. Everyone we met working at HGI was friendly, especially the lady working the breakfast area. Breakfast was quite good and had huge portions. It's not indicated very well on their website, but if you pay separately for breakfast (not part of your room rate) you can choose the continental portion which was around $6 (fruit, coffee, juice, yogurt, cereal, pastries, etc.) or you can choose the hot portion in addition to the continental, for around $10. It's all you can eat and was very good, considering it was part of our room rate. There's also a Panera across the parking lot that you could easily eat breakfast at instead. Flagler Beach is about 3 miles away. We stayed here after a day in St. Augustine and then headed on to a day at Kennedy. Staying in Palm Coast spaced out the driving and was also considerably less expensive than St. A.

Room Tip: Get a room with the breakfast rate if you have multiple people staying in one room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here overnight on the way down to Miami for a cruise. We had a room on the sixth floor(623) at the back overlooking the pool area. Everyone was very courteous and the room was spotless and very quiet. Both sides of the bed can be adjusted for firmness by turning the dial under the bottom sheet at the head of the bed. Did not eat in the dining room. There is a Panera Bread right in front of the hotel, almost in the parking lot ,so it is an easy walk. Also, there is a shopping area just down the road that has a super Target , Homegoods, CVS, McDonalds, and a few other nice stores. I would highly recommend this hotel as it is convenient to I-95 and in a very nice and quiet area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I'm a frequent traveler & often stay at HGI's, Hilton's version of an 'express hotel'. I was told this is the #1 rated Garden Inn & frankly I don't know why. That is not to put this hotel down, rather to put the other HGI's up. I found it but typical, but typical of the HGI 'premium express hotel' experience, which is about as 1st class as you can get in places such as along interstates. Rooms are well appointed in the style of HGI's - an easy chair w/ ottoman, desk with ergo chair, cherry furniture, nice TV, and micro/fridge in a cherry unit with coffee maker. Baths are always nice at HGI's, but this one had water pressure that was too low for a good shower, which is one of the few faults I found - except the beds. I like HGI's but don't like the pseudo-sleep number beds that many have, including this hotel. They use an air baffel but w/o the compressor, so your body weight along with a soft-hard dial controls the firmness ...rather poorly. Some I've talked to like them, one described them as like sleeping on wet sand. In some HGI's you can find regular innerspring mattresses in at least some rooms. I think Hilton will eventually get off the boat on these & believe they were a mistake - an expensive mistake since they apparently aren't cheap. The pool/hot tub is small & outside, unlike many with indoor heated pools (another reason why their 'best' rating is a bit surprising). Breakfast at HGI's is always good and this is no exception - full & cooked to order. Breakfast is $10 a person, but you can save big booking at the B&B rate - breakfast for up to 4 for roughly $10-15 more when booking. The big plus of this property is it's value. I paid $87 WITH breakfast - an excellent value. Area appears safe & is convenient to I-95. Staff was good. Computer ctr. needs update - old, slow, Windows XP computers. Room heat/ac thermostat controlled & relatively quiet. Very clean & comfortable rooms (except beds, as noted). Hope this helps you know what to expect. I travel this route a lot & the only thing roughly equal in quality is the Courtyard in St. Augustine, unless you stay in Daytona.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Swansea, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We wanted to visit a location close to the ocean, but without the crowds, so we chose the HGI in Palm Coast. From there it is only a short 5 mile drive to the beautiful ocean view in Flagler Beach.The HGI had everything we needed (without the ocean crowd): great meals and food served to you at your table, with a private swimming pool. Our room was a suite that included a large mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee make. The hotel is located with in one mile of a new local multi-cinema complex. Everyone on the staff was friendly and even helped us load our van for a trip to the beach. If you forgot something or just wanted to shop for a couple of hours, there is a new Super Target located less than 2 miles from the hotel. With a great room price and private location, we truly found our "Florida Diamond in the Rough!"

Room Tip: If you like to swim, ask for a room near the west end of the hotel where the pool is located.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was in the Palm Coast area on business and although I prefer to stay at a hotel on the beach when I'm in Florida, I knew I wasn't going to have much leisure time so I chose the HGI. It's got the perfect location, near the Town Center and not far from Flagler Beach. The rooms are clean and the staff is attentive and friendly. The pool area is a bit small as compared to other hotels with pools but always clean and well taken care of. They could use better pool towels. If you can, you're better off bringing your own. Don't expect a nice view from your window since the hotel sits near a large intersection.

When making my reservation I had the option to add breakfast to my daily room rate for an additional $5.00 p/p. It is a partial buffet and hot foods are brought out to you by the waitress from the kitchen. It is worth adding this to your stay especially if you like a big breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently took a trip to the Flagler Beach/Palm Coast area. It was the week before Biketoberfest, needless to say rooms were hard to find and the rates were inflated for the event. After being turned away from a couple of hotels, we found the HGI. I inquired about rates and they did tell me that they were high due to the Bike event. I explained to the desk clerk that we weren't here for the event and that I was a Gov Employee. After some talking we realized that we had a few other organizations in common. We ended up getting a rate of $77 per night! The service was outstanding! I will be sure to stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

The staff iis very friendly. The pool area is very nice. Everything is clean and nicely organized. They take the extramile to make you feel welcome. I would definitely stay there again. It is close to St Augustine and far from the traffic and noise.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast? Share your experiences!