“A Florida Diamond in the Rough.” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast on Us!
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Palm Coast
GreenLeadersSilver level
Swansea, Illinois
“A Florida Diamond in the Rough.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We wanted to visit a location close to the ocean, but without the crowds, so we chose the HGI in Palm Coast. From there it is only a short 5 mile drive to the beautiful ocean view in Flagler Beach.The HGI had everything we needed (without the ocean crowd): great meals and food served to you at your table, with a private swimming pool. Our room was a suite that included a large mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee make. The hotel is located with in one mile of a new local multi-cinema complex. Everyone on the staff was friendly and even helped us load our van for a trip to the beach. If you forgot something or just wanted to shop for a couple of hours, there is a new Super Target located less than 2 miles from the hotel. With a great room price and private location, we truly found our "Florida Diamond in the Rough!"

Room Tip: If you like to swim, ask for a room near the west end of the hotel where the pool is located.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was in the Palm Coast area on business and although I prefer to stay at a hotel on the beach when I'm in Florida, I knew I wasn't going to have much leisure time so I chose the HGI. It's got the perfect location, near the Town Center and not far from Flagler Beach. The rooms are clean and the staff is attentive and friendly. The pool area is a bit small as compared to other hotels with pools but always clean and well taken care of. They could use better pool towels. If you can, you're better off bringing your own. Don't expect a nice view from your window since the hotel sits near a large intersection.

When making my reservation I had the option to add breakfast to my daily room rate for an additional $5.00 p/p. It is a partial buffet and hot foods are brought out to you by the waitress from the kitchen. It is worth adding this to your stay especially if you like a big breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We recently took a trip to the Flagler Beach/Palm Coast area. It was the week before Biketoberfest, needless to say rooms were hard to find and the rates were inflated for the event. After being turned away from a couple of hotels, we found the HGI. I inquired about rates and they did tell me that they were high due to the Bike event. I explained to the desk clerk that we weren't here for the event and that I was a Gov Employee. After some talking we realized that we had a few other organizations in common. We ended up getting a rate of $77 per night! The service was outstanding! I will be sure to stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

The staff iis very friendly. The pool area is very nice. Everything is clean and nicely organized. They take the extramile to make you feel welcome. I would definitely stay there again. It is close to St Augustine and far from the traffic and noise.

• Stayed September 2012
Palm Coast, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

2 day stay for a sales seminar. Meeting rooms were perfect. Staff was extreamly attentive and friendly. Rooms and common areas were immaculate and very well appointed. Happy hour has live music at the bar.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I love this location and have stayed multiple times. They are always friendly and easy to work with. The hotel is super clean, and the location is great! I always slip over to Flagler Beach for a walk. The area is safe and there are restaurants nearby with shopping for everything you need. It's one of my favorite HGI's.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

While I have never stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Palm Coast, I have dined there on numerous occasions, generally for business and banquets related to business.
The food, although attractively arranged on the plate, is often under-cooked or simply cold from laying about the kitchen. In short, my colleagues and I have never had a good meal here.
Our company no longer uses the facilities as much as in the past.
Bar experience leaves much to be desired. I ordered a Tanqueray and tonic once and to my astonishment, the barkeep snidely said, "That'll be $11.00." Understandably, this was my only cocktail of the evening.
I hope the rooms are great. The restaurant and bar are far from it.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DABTC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit to us here at the Hilton Garden Inn's Pavillion Lounge. I understand that sometimes we can experience sticker shock on the daily items we purchase and I apologize that you found this to be true for your Tanqueray and tonic. The $11.00 price you were charged was for the ordered double portion "top shelf" brand gin and tonic. Again, thank you for your comment.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast? Share your experiences!