“Best of HGI” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham, Alabama
“Best of HGI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I love this location and have stayed multiple times. They are always friendly and easy to work with. The hotel is super clean, and the location is great! I always slip over to Flagler Beach for a walk. The area is safe and there are restaurants nearby with shopping for everything you need. It's one of my favorite HGI's.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

While I have never stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Palm Coast, I have dined there on numerous occasions, generally for business and banquets related to business.
The food, although attractively arranged on the plate, is often under-cooked or simply cold from laying about the kitchen. In short, my colleagues and I have never had a good meal here.
Our company no longer uses the facilities as much as in the past.
Bar experience leaves much to be desired. I ordered a Tanqueray and tonic once and to my astonishment, the barkeep snidely said, "That'll be $11.00." Understandably, this was my only cocktail of the evening.
I hope the rooms are great. The restaurant and bar are far from it.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DABTC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit to us here at the Hilton Garden Inn's Pavillion Lounge. I understand that sometimes we can experience sticker shock on the daily items we purchase and I apologize that you found this to be true for your Tanqueray and tonic. The $11.00 price you were charged was for the ordered double portion "top shelf" brand gin and tonic. Again, thank you for your comment.
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is the 2nd time our family has stayed at this hotel--the last time was summer 2010. We love the Palm Coast/Flagler beach because my sons love the surf--and this area of Florida's beaches are mostly quiet and not at all "touristy". You're literally a 5 minute drive from the beautiful beaches of Flagler, 72 miles from Orlando, and 30 miles from lovely St. Augustine. The hotel was very quiet, newer--we got a suite with a separate bedroom for my husband and I and a huge living area with a pull-out couch for the boys. My husband got the package with breakfast included for the whole week, which was always yummy--lots of continental choices, and also a hot breakfast with all the trimmings. Every staff person we encountered--from the maids, to the wait staff in the hotel restaurant, to the hotel managers was so polite and kind to us! We will NEVER stay anywhere else while in Florida!

Room Tip: The breakfast-included deal is the best! Eat a huge breakfast at 9am, skip lunch, and then head out...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Poughkeepsie, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Did not plan to stop until we hit the tail end of Tropical Storm Debby.....she packed a punch on our drive through Jacksonville on I95.....exhausted from a full day of driving and white knuckle stint in FL, we found this wonderful HGI....very clean, comfortable beds. Front desk was very helpful and accomodating. Got there after all restaurant options were closed for the night. The Pantry had a good selection to satisfy the hunger until morning. Very clean Panera Bread in same parking lot which helped with breakfast.

Augusta, Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stopped here overnight on our way to go on a cruise. Hotel is clean, comfortable, helpful staff. Breakfast was cooked to order and good. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms, all were good.
MIDLOTHIAN, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Was here for family gathering. The breakfast was very good, except for pancakes. They were thick and not very good. The service was excellent. Plenty of towels.

Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with mother in law on the way back from Key West visiting sick uncle. After 8 hour drive, needed rest and comfort. This hotel was beautiful, the rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. Everything was exceptionally clean, updated and we enjoyed the stay very much. The pool was very nice. We were too tired to go out for dinner so we ordered room service. It was there within 15 minutes and the food was fabulous and reasonably priced. Free cookies in the lobby. I had a hard time picking a hotel that was conveniently located to 1-95 that I thought would be nice enough for my mother in law and me, and I made the right choice. I will stay here again in my travels to FL.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Palm Coast? Share your experiences!