“Great location, beautifully maintained property” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location, beautifully maintained property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was my third trip here. We stayed in the Sailfish building and it had just been renovated. Everything was gorgeous. We met some people from Chicago who were staying in the Kobi building and they said it is in need of renovation so I suspect they are next. Marriott really thinks of everything to keep their people happy. If you have children, you probably want to walk down to one of the other pools because there is much more age-appropriate activity (in the pool and otherwise) for them as this one is quiet and they would be bored. All buildings are connected by a concrete walk way. They rent bikes fr $10/hr, or $15/day and it's a great value. You can ride all over the island and see so much more. There is a beautiful path right outside the Marriott that can be walked or ridden on a bike. Great place to watch ships going in and out.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a very lovely time during our 1 week Marriott Ocean Point stay. Singer Island is just a fantastic destination for winter escape. The beautiful warm blue Atlantic ocean currents keep the water temperatures nice year round. For the visual adventurer or photographer, it's a wildlife hot zone, with a very diverse range of birds, fish and lizards. Within walking distance, Sailfish Marina offers charter boat fishing and luxury yacht cruise experiences. All in all, it's high class. The history of Singer Island itself will intrigue you as you learn more.
The Marriott Ocean Pointe resort itself is a fairly comfortable campus. They offered fun activities everyday. The beach has a privet boardwalk entrance secured via your card key. It did rain a few days of our stay, so it was very nice to stay withing the resort grounds and use the larger hot tub spa. The romantic lighting and tiki bar drinks, then a dip in the pool was our nightly pattern. I felt like things were a bit expensive within the resort, but nothing stops a guy from walking to the convenient store, or the Publix grocer right across the Singer Island Bridge, and buying more affordable libations.
Highlight experiences on singer island, were feeding the JackFish at Sailfish Marina, and Body Boarding in the warm Atlantic Ocean in December!
Criticism and bad experience would be that some of our elevators were under construction that week, and (this is pretty bad cause I did enjoy the place otherwise) around 4am some days, there would be a god awful sewage smell. I don't know if it was the heavy rain, or if they discharge cruise ships out there somewhere, but it woke me up confused and shutting the windows one morning. I agree with some other reviewers, that "Ocean View" may not always mean full on. In our case, we had a small glimpse, and a parking lot view. I would have preferred a full on ocean view, and a look at the resort pool activities.

I have a youtube video play list with my Singer Island Experiences. Few videos now, but more will be added. Here it is, I hope it is useful to you. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcvg7H9mvFjNp9zrVuSLsuu3DzQcrkLam

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jupiter, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Be prepared that IF you pay extra for an "ocean view/ ocean side" they mean the parking lot. To pay extra for this is ridiculous ! They fully admit they the website is very misleading however no offers to correct it or refund the difference was ever made. The room is great, a 2/2 . The master is large and the master bath huge. The second bedroom it large enough .... too large for my son who is 15. He enjoyed the space however. The pools were split. Either you were a family with little kids or retired people. SO for 2 40 somethings with an older teen, we did not fit in. I had asked the concierge about the construction prior to coming and we were told that it was in the farthest building and it should not interfere with our vacation. Well they have done construction to the area around the pool and pool bar since we arrived on Wed. Loud saws and land movers. The restaurant is a pool bar, which is fine, but you have to fight the flys for your food. YUCK! The staff is very nice. The house keeping does the absolute minimum they halfway make up your bed. Truly the blanket was left on the floor, but the sheets were pulled up and pillows fluffed. They Do not change your trash, clean up or leave extra soap, shampoo, conditioner. We had to call every day for it and one day for service in general. For what they charge for the 2/2 you should not have to have any of these problems. I hope that they stay full, but you literally could not PAY me to come back to this resort. One poor Vacation club host asked me how our stay was and I answered "Just ok" . He was shocked! I explained our "guarantee" and the other problems and he said that the hotel caters to "Owners of Vacation Timeshares" only those guests get anywhere near the ocean or on a floor higher than 2. Having stayed at many Marriott Vacation clubs , I had Never heard this and was a little taken aback. He also agreed that they terms of the room categories were a known misquote however again, NO ONE offered a refund for the difference. We came for an ocean view, relaxing vacation for our family which was close to home (40 min), but far enough that you were felt free to relax. This was an epic FAIL! The staff that you deal with are mostly very nice. The concierge who lied about the hotel and noise is in Tahoe on Vacation!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The rooms and property are very well maintained as you would expect from a Marriott. My only complaint, well one of them, was that the studio was very long and narrow and actually smaller than a normal hotel room. The kitchen had no other cooking than a microwave and provided for service for four although I am not sure where you would sit or eat. Everything was geared to a maximum of two people. Tiny under counter fridge hardly held a few waters and drinks. If you are one person or a couple that is constantly out of the room it is fine. I also did the promised 90 minute presentation that took well well over 2 hours and made you feel like a second class citizen for not purchasing even though through the whole thing they said it's okay to say no...Good luck with that. I was particularly impressed with the closer who came in all exhausted wiping his brow saying he's running from room to room closing multiple deals for people coming back two and three times to buy more points. That only means you can't go anywhere with less points! All and all if you like large corporate run venues this is by far one of the best!

Room Tip: One or more bedrooms is a must; Ocean view if possible
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Ocean Pointe, responded to this review, yesterday
Hi and thank you for your review! We’re glad that we were able to provide the quality of service you have come to expect from Marriott. However, please accept our apologies for your experience with our sales team. We have shared your comments with the resort’s management and thank you again for providing your valuable feedback. For your next visit, we would suggest one of our 1, 2, or 3 bedroom villa’s which provide not only more space but also a full kitchen and not the kitchenette that is provided in the studio units. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again at Marriott’s Ocean Pointe!
St. Catharines, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We decided to exchange our timeshare through Interval International who we had thought had a wonderful contract agreement with them for this exchange purpose. Well we will not make this mistake again. We could not have been more disapponted. Our room was above the underground parking slats . When we went out to our balcony we looked at green high bushes and all the pipes below all the visible cars. When they started up you could smell the fumes. Oh just lovely! We could not see a thing not the resort or the ocean and when we checked in they advised we had an ocean side room. How about a pipe and bush view. When I asked to be switched she told me there was not a single room left in the resort to swiitch us to and she did the famous walk i to the back room to ask a supervisor to which I am sure they chatted and knowing the answer as this is procedure at every resort. So at night we walkd around wvery building to see night after night several units dark and empty we watched the noted rooms at night to see no one in them So my conclusion is Interval members get the worst rooms available. Our patio table on our deck was smashed in several places. I asked for maintence to bring a cork screw did not come. Our hot water in our master was warm so I called to ask that someone comes up and take a look they did not show up and I know this as I left the urine colour water in the tub that i had to try to bath in but the thoughts of bathing in yellow warm water made me ill so I got out and never used yhat tub again.On 2 occaisions I asked for maintence and nothing. Oh I forgot I am an Interval exchanger. Prior to our checkin I received a call from the Marriott asking me to do a presentation which would have been 3 hours I know not 90 minutes as we spoke to 2 couples who did them and were furious at the 90 minute promise which turned into 3 hours. Dont do it. The area out of the resort onto main street is very sketchy do your windows up as another resort guest told us he did ..The pool area is the nicest part of this accomadation. Our room was not up to Marriott standards. A mix and mash iof unmatched colours and furniture and outdated nothing really went together and it was very cheap in furnishings looked like they picked up everything from low discount places. We have stayed in many Marriotts and this room was the worse. All the dining table legs were all scratched up and god you could nit sit on the couch without slowly slipping off. So we had wnough and checked out early. A huge complaint has been put into Interval and we have all photos to back up. I wohld appreciate it if themanager not reply to this. You will only say" we try hard to please out guests and we would like you to return and next time please speak yo me so I can make your stay enjoyable. Its too late. You ruined our trip in so many ways we checked out early. Many positive reviewers may not be exchangers so this review is based on owing a timeshare and exchanging with Interval International. We were in Room 8116/117 Sailfish

Room Tip: Do not exchange with interval and do not take any rooms on 1 st floor which are really 2 nd floor
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Ocean Pointe, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for visiting Marriott's Ocean Pointe. We are disappointed to hear your experience did not exceed your expectations due to service issues and the location of your villa. We would like to learn more about your experience during your time with us. Please email us at customer.care@vacationclub.com with your preferred method of contact and include your TripAdvisor Username. As an alternative, you may reach us directly by calling 800-860-9384. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Great Torrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a one-bedroom apartment in the Sailfish building wIth a view over the swimming pool to the ocean. It would have been nicer from a higher floor but still very pleasant to sit out on the balcony with a glass of wine and a book. The apartment had a huge living/dining area, very well equipped kitchen and a nice bedroom with very comfortable bed, although slightly odd to have the jacuzzi bath and wash basin in the bedroom. There was a separate bathroom with w.c and an excellent shower. The apartment was really well equipped with all the necessaries for an extended stay, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, iron etc. etc. The resort complex is beautifully maintained with pool areas washed and brushed down daily, friendly staff handing out towels, serving at the bar. Particularly before 11am the pool areas were pretty much deserted and there is easy access to a wonderful uncrowded beach lapped by the warm Atlantic. Although the beach southwards ends pretty soon at the Inlet, if you go north you can jog on the hard sands for about a mile before the sand gets a bit loose and heavy going. About five minutes by car takes you to a good Publix supermarket just the other side of the Blue Heron bridge. There are plenty of dining options within easy driving and downtown West Palm Beach is less than twenty minutes away. An excellent resort to base yourself for exploring the Palm Beach area with it's many attractions.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms on the upper levels as they have better ocean views.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a fourth floor one bedroom very spacious condo with whirlpool tub and fully equipped kitchen in the Dolphin building, partial ocean view for $450 for four nights (Rosh Hashana weekend) plus $50 gift card with provision we participated in a painless 90 min time share presentation ( we did not buy). Everything was wonderful. Comfortable bed, outstanding service throughout the entire property. Very nice gym. A/c wasn't working well one night and promptly it was fixed. TV in bedroom had a glitch and promptly we were given a new one. Very comfortable bed and loved the lay-out of the bathroom, had a balcony with table and chairs. Pools, hot tubs, ocean just wonderful. Every meal we had was great whether it was at the tiki bar or take out pizza from the market place. Ate at Two drunken goats, Johnny Longboards and then Sailfish Marina restaurants, all were fantastic. Played a few rounds of on site miniature golf. Rented jet skis and went on Majestic Princess luncheon cruise, off premises, got deals off of groupon. Both were great. Last day took showers in bathroom next to gym before heading home. This was one of the best smoothest enjoyable trips my husband I ever took, we were celebrating his 50th birthday. first time traveling with just our 15 year old without our older son and he was bored most of the time but that was the one and only downside to this trip. Someone passed along two beach chairs they bought at publix and we passed them along to another group when we left. Great place will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Marriott's Ocean Pointe? Share your experiences!