Great location, right on the beach and a short drive from West Palm Beach airport. We checked in on a Sunday, with a reservation for a 2 bedroom suite. We were given a handicap room, which we didn't want. Phoned the front desk, and they sent up a trainee, very nice young lady, who told us they had no way of knowing at the front desk that the room was handicap equipped. Seriously?
She showed us another room which had a number of water stains on the ceiling. Surprising, since the building was renovated two years ago. So we returned to the front desk and the front desk manager was able to find us another room, just one floor away from our original room. Speaking with the manager, we questioned why we would be given a handicap room when other were available, and then be told that they had no way of knowing which rooms were handicap equipped. While we were having this conversation, the couple checking in right next to us asked the desk clerk (the same one, by the way, who checked us in) if their room was handicap equipped. He quietly assured them it was not. Interesting.
Other than the initial poor impression, the rest of the stay was great. The property is immaculate, the rooms comfortable and well-equipped... typical of Marriott's high standards. Important take-away from this is: don't be afraid to ask for what you want. You shouldn't have to ask, but sometimes it's the only way.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Marriott's Ocean Pointe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Ocean Pointe Hotel Palm Beach Shores
- Marriotts Palm Beach Shores
- Marriotts Hotel Ocean Pointe
- Marriott Palm Beach Shores
- Marriott Ocean Pointe
- Marriotts Ocean Pointe