“Relaxing weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rewards Members Save 25%
“Relaxing weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay here recently. The property is right on the beach, just a short 20 minute drive to Palm Beach. The condo was spacious and well equipped. I shopped at a local Whole Foods for groceries which was 15 minutes away. The staff at the resort were friendly and accommodating. Several pools on the property ensures something for everyone. Definitely would return!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

746 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Corona, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Got to Marriott Ocean Point on Sunday, September 29th around 8:30 pm. We know that it would be hard to get exactly what we wanted as far as location went at this property but we were totally taken off guard as to what happened next. We were assigned room 6205-06 in the Dolphin building. We arrived, tired but noticed a smell of wet dog immediately when we opened the door. The carpets felt wet to bare feet, but this was not the alarming part. We pulled open the curtains in the living room and discovered that they were partially blocked by condensation. I called down to the front desk and reported the issues to them and was told there wasn't anything they could do about it that evening. We were hoping this might be just a momentary thing, but when we woke up the next morning the windows were still blocked, including sliding doors out to the patio and the smell was still there. I called the front desk again and told them that we would appreciate them moving us to another condo (my husband has asthma) and that we were concerned for health reasons. Well, I was informed that there would be a moving charge because we had stayed there overnight and that was the only way were were going to get a different condo. They sent up the cleaning crew to try and cover up the smell (not asthma friendly) so they left. The next person was the Lead Engineer and he started out by telling us that this wasn't a problem. I told him we couldn't stay there if there was mold of any kind and that my husband would suffer. I also told him that I would appreciate a change of rooms and told him that I would write about our experience with this hotel and how they handled this situation. Well he went off the handle and literally threatened us like some bully. I told him to please leave and that this discussion was over. I shook it off and called the front desk again.

The next day we were moved to another location 6405-06 only after we agreed to pay their moving ransom. I can't believe that in all of our 28 years of time sharing into Marriott and other well known properties that it has now come to this. You are held hostage in a room where there might be mold and who knows what else until you pay their fees.

To put this into perspective, for the most part the staff at this Marriott was pleasant and friendly and the second unit was good to go. My question to Marriott is - you placed us into a unit that you knew was a health risk but you still put us there and then you made us pay a fee to get into another unit. Shame on you. This will be our last stay at any Marriott. My grades below are for the first unit #6205-06. I will add a photo of the windows soon.

Norwalk, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

It is NOT in the ghetto. I read a review that said the area was terrible/dangerous and I was concerned. Upon arrival I saw that the Marriott is across the street from street where the Police and Fire station is located-I felt very comfortable. I constantly saw police cars going to/coming from the station on the surrounding blocks and I walked everywhere. Great security at the Marriott-you needed a room key to activate the elevator to rooms and codes on gates to have access to the pools and beach.
Speaking of walking everywhere-I will be honest I wish I did not rent a car-especially for a long weekend. If you are staying a full week or longer-of course you may decide it is worth it. However, for active seniors or anyone on a long weekend-a car is an unnecessary expense.
The guys at the beach rental really are attentive and it was so worth it to have the chairs and umbrella there and moved for you throughout the day.
It was a clean and comfortable room and all the workers were friendly and helpful. Everything is charged to your room or a credit card so you don't need to worry about having a lot of cash.
Definitely go to the Sailfish Marina-a terrific 90 min. tour, fun gift shop, and a great restaurant.
Would definitely love to return!

Room Tip: Dolphin building is close to everything. 5th floor was great for views.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is our third visit to the island and our second to Marriott Ocean Pointe. This was a time share exchange. We stayed in a two bedroom suite in the Kingfish building for two weeks and absolutely loved every minute. This was the first time that we had been asked for our room preference. We had also called about a month ahead to ask that our two weeks be in the same suite. Both requests were honoured plus we had a south-west corner on the third floor with fabulous views of the ocean, beach and inlet. We had the pool to ourselves every morning at 8:00 and spent the rest of the time on one of our two balconies since the view was much better there. We didn't use any other of the resort facilities. Internet was quick and reliable while the suite was well stocked with everything we needed. Everything was clean and in good repair although there were a couple of stains on the sofa. The TV has lots of channels on offer. The parking garage is a bit tight and could use some mirrors at the intersections. All the staff we saw were quick to say hello and offer help. We ate at Fines, Sailfish Marina, Johnny Longboats and Two Drunken Goats and enjoyed the food at all of them. Publix is right across the bridge and very handy. We are already planning a return visit next year.

Room Tip: Kingfish is a quieter building away from the main resort. We had suites 3309/3310 which were in the...
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Marriott Ocean Pointe in Palm Beach at the end of September. We had the 850 sq. ft. one bedroom suite and it was perfect. This was a last minute visit as my daughter was out of school for a Thursday and Friday so we made a nice long weekend out of it. From the time we arrived the staff we more than cordial and bent over backwards to help make our stay pleasant. The pools were in tip top shape and the beaches were beautiful. The pizza/sub shop was being renovated as well as one of the building which gave them a little more limited inventory to work with, but they still found a way to get us in a building close to the main pool. This is our second stay here and we highly recommend it for their outstanding service and the overall amenities of the resort. Don't hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in one of the newest renovated buildings.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Ocean Point Oct 2-6. So it was off season i guess you could say. To start this location is only about 10-15 min fro PBI airport. We arrived at 1:00 and had to wait till 4 to check in. We were a family of four, two kids ages 2 and 6. We scrambled to get the suits on the kids because they just could not wait to get into the pool. We were on the promo package and requested the Dolphin building, which I recommend because of its location to the kids pools. There are two in this area and an additional kiddie pool and a BIG hot tub. The pool area is large and plenty of chairs and shade options. The activity area/arts and crafts area for the kids is also close by, our six yr old spent a good penny making all kinds of crafts in there. There is also a water play area, bocce ball and mini golf. The Tiki bar had an OK menu. It would be great if they could provide cheaper kid options, variety of adult options were not that great. The food at the Tiki bar is average. Note: there are no "restaurants" on the property. I highly recommend going to the Sailfish Marina, its about a 10 min walk ( 30 min with kids who complain about walking) and the breakfast from the menu was great. Moderately priced, not cheap. But the quality is certainly there. I recommend the moms striking on some days and making everyone go there for breakfast. Coffee was excellent too. RIght on the water so you can see all the boats, fish..etc. Back at the hotel, once we were able to get into our room, which was a two bed/two bath suit. The room was very big, very clean. The rugs need to be cleaned, some stains that were gross, so I yelled every time the kids rolled around on the floor. NOTE: I have been to Florida a 100x times and never noticed but the water in this hotel is YELLOW!! Bright YELLOW, so when I had to give the kids a tub, I yelled at them for peeing in the tub..my 6 yr took forever to convince me that neither her or my two yr old peed in the tub.. I called the front desk, and they assured me it was normal and it had to do with the limestone in the water, but i have to say, Marriott: Please look into some type of water treatment, its gross. I used tons of bottled water when boiling stuff in the kitchen and making coffee because it just made me uncomfortable. There is a TV in each room so everyone was able to watch whatever they wanted. The cleaning staff stop by in the morning to check on your supplies and if you want cleaning, which I denied, and just took the towels, etc. I think there is a charge for this but not sure. The room size is great and very clean. The beach is nice. We had dinner one night at Johnny Longboats, it was OK, don't order the snapper with crab, it was gross and so were the ribs. The kids ate chicken tenders and did not complain. We did not go back. Thats when I decided to head to publix and stock up and used the grills they had at the hotel, which were very clean and easy to use. We did not eat out for the rest of our trip, I wish we had. For a day trip I highly recommend going to Lion Country Safari, get there as soon as they open. It was FANTASTIC...look online for discounts you can save $10 a person.. there is a drive through safari and then a walk through animal/rides/waterpark place, bring bathing suits and towels. You can feed the giraffes up close.. This was excellent. I would go back in a second! Our overall experiece at the Marriott Ocean Point was excellent. The staff was nice, we did NOT have any issues with anyone. We would stay here again. If there is any Marriott staff that read this, here are some suggestions, the walkway by the elevator in the garage area need to be marked with a stop sign for the cars.. although it only happened once, the kids ran out from the elevator door and almost go run over. Also the gate near the turtle hut, needs a sign to turn the handle UP to open.. sooo many people were confused and every time I walked by I had to open the gate.

Room Tip: If you have children call ahead and put in a request for the Dolphin building. the view does not mat...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We went here for a couples weekend. It was a great getaway and the staff was great to get us into a room extremely early so that was really nice. There was bocce on property which was a nice surprise! The beach view is obstructed by the landscape, so that was sort of a drawback but otherwise we enjoyed our stay all around. Marriott Vacation clubs are always a great value and offer a ton of space.

Room Tip: We didn't have a great view and had a far walk to the pools but we didn't spend much time in...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott's Ocean Pointe? Share your experiences!