We recently returned from our second visit to the Ocean Pointe. This second visit was significantly better, and I thank the good weather for that.
Ocean Pointe is on the southern end of Singer Island, beachfront. The beach isn't the best that Florida has to offer, but it has sand and plenty of shells for the kids to play, build, collect. And the waves were active enough for all of us to enjoy. The pools are really lovely. Large, not too deep, and provide plenty of space for you to sit around the pool to keep an eye on the kids. There is a hot tub as well. They even put in a nice, small, splash pad for the little kids, very cute.
The property is huge: 4 buildings. If you want to be right in the action, most convenient to getting to the main pool area, kids activity centre, mini golf... ask to stay in the Dolphin or Sailfish buildings. If you prefer more quiet, ask to stay away from these buildings!
The rooms are comfortable, clean (upon arrival - more on this in a moment), with a large and fully outfitted kitchen, which we really appreciate on family vacations. A two bedroom unit can comfortably sleep 4-6 people, you can even squeeze in 8 people if you need to.
There are many planned activities throughout the week, always something going on for the kids and adults including but not limited to: organized Zumba classes, aqua fit, tennis clinics and round robins, karaoke nights, scavenger hunts, mini golf, even the nice lady that is always there to braid the girls hair for $50-70 a head!!! Very few of these activities would be fun if it was raining or cold outside...
The staff at the childrens centre are wonderful. very sweet with the kids, and always happy to help and chat with the kids.
Having visited several Marriott vacation villa properties in the past, I do have a few criticisms for Ocean Pointe:
- From the moment we arrived at the hotel, we felt like we were being nickeled and dimed. Everything costs extra. Sundaes for the kids... tennis clinic (that I was told was free when i reserved on the phone), borrowing movies on DVD... I can understand a charge to the room if we DON'T return the movie, but to pay for a movie as a guest???
- There is NO housekeeping for your room throughout the week. We have stayed at places that offer once a week housekeeping included, plus you can ask for additional. No such thing here.
- When we asked to extend our stay by one night (2 units) we were given such a hard time. We actually ended up going online to book an additional night because we were told how difficult it would be to find 2 units for one night!!!
- On our last night, we were woken at 5 am by VERY LOUD workers in the neighboring unit. Apparently the room was going to be renovated and so they thought 5 am would be a good time to start moving furniture and appliances around.
There is also quite a bit to do in the area. Great shopping (City Place and the Gardens Mall), as well as along PGA Boulevard. Restaurants are OK in the area, plus the Loggerhead Marine Life Center is a fabulous and educational place to visit to learn about sea turtles. There is a PlayMobile fun park in Palm Beach for the younger kids. You can also take a nice boat ride through the intracoastal waters to see all the magnificent houses along the water.
Will we return? Yes, probably. We have relatives that love the place, so we will likely join them again in a few years, more to spend time together than to be at Ocean Pointe.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Marriott's Ocean Pointe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Ocean Pointe Hotel Palm Beach Shores
- Marriotts Palm Beach Shores
- Marriotts Hotel Ocean Pointe
- Marriott Palm Beach Shores
- Marriott Ocean Pointe
- Marriotts Ocean Pointe