“Poolside Paridise” 4 of 5 stars

Description: TheIslanderGrillandTikiBar.com 561/842-8282 Thelslander181@aol.com
Norfolk, Virginia
“Poolside Paridise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Food and drink in the restaurant, at the Tiki Bar, or delivered to your chaise lounge. What more could you want?

Visited February 2014

Derbyshire
“Good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Large central bar with eating tables around. Lots of seafaring decor, sharks and marlin suspended from the ceiling. Plenty of TV screens to look at. There was a great buzz in the place when we visited and the food and service were great. Would certainly eat there again.

Visited January 2014
minnesota
“surf and turf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

On a Saturday night, we stopped in to try the lobster and 7 oz sirloin soecial for $23. The place was packed, live band playing and no one wanted to leave. Our waiter brought us extra rolls - extremely good - and also a cup of complimentary lobster bisque as thanks for patience while kitchen was behind. We were also enjoying the music and crowd so this was no problem for us. The lobster was perfect and the steak was like butter, melt in your mouth. The staff were flying as they were serving food inside, in the bar and outside around the pool. A fun night and we ended up with steak for breakfast.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“The food was average, the service poor”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Food was Meh. I got the prime rib special for $17.95 which came with a salad and backed potato. It was okay. It would’ve been better if the chef knew the difference between Medium and Medium Rare. The service was fair to be generous and I was sitting there wondering why I had to ask for everything. It was like pulling teeth to get anything out of the waiter: Dinner rolls and horseradish (which I noticed both at the next table so I wasn’t asking for anything out of the ordinary) and my check. Then when I saw my check I got my answer. There was an 18% gratuity automatically added to my bill. So he didn’t care if he took care of me or not, he was certain of a tip. I don’t blame places that do this for large parties, because they are a lot of work (I’ve waitressed) and less likely to tip well, but I was alone for heaven’s sake. And it really is a shame (for him) because when I get good service, I tip very well: Over 20%. He didn’t get an extra dime from me though, because he didn’t earn it. I wouldn’t go back here the next time I’m in the area.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Virginia
“Great value and good atmospere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Nice specials and selections. Entertainers sing nightly and some dance-- kind of a throwback to another time and like a mini event reception. Very good food.

Visited January 2014