“Promises not kept.” 1 of 5 stars

Stay with the Swans
Mission Viejo
“Promises not kept.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Wedding Reception. Was presented a $ 26.00 bottle of Wine when order was for $ 103.00 Bottle. Not all services contracted were supplied. Major Housekeeping problems. Room never vacuumed. Had to call for resupply of coffee, soap & shampoo. Wrote "DUST ME" on the window ledge and it was still there 5 days latter even after pointing it out to the VP of Sales. Stains on carpet. Exterior had not been cleaned in a long time. Several weeks of Cigarette Butts in Planters outside of Bar area Smoler Stations overflowing. Empty Cigarette packs left on Station for 3 days. Major infestation of BUGS in Breakfast area, Bar, Restaurant, Sleeping Rooms. They were Everywhere. Wedding / Event person will cut every corner possible. After pointing out the filth to Event Person and VP no corrective actions had been taken 24 hrs latter. In short they did not care.

Room Tip: We had over 40 people at this facility and all rooms were dirty.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We are currently on our last night at the Embassy Suites. We came over with family (two couples & one child) for a baseball tournament nearby. We had made our reservation with one month in advance for a non-smoking room with two double beds and a pull-out. We checked in Saturday afternoon and were told that there was no NON-SMOKING rooms available because the hotel was full regardless of OUR reservation. The lady in the front desk wanted to stick us in a room with ONE king bed even after explaining that we were 4 adults and one child. We ended up in a smoking room in the 8th floor. The rooms reeks like ciggarettes and there was a dirty cup in the floor. On top of this Sunday night when we got here, our room was not even made. We did not have any clean towels to shower or anything. We called over to the front desk for at least some towels and were brought up TWO. The service was terrible ! Definitely not worth anyones money. All anyone can do is apologize but you still get stuck paying the same price with NO SERVICE.
Your much better of staying at a cheaper motel.

(: Good luck

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens - PGA Boulevard, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens. I am so sorry that we were unable to accomdate the non smoking room request for you. Making your reservation in advance as you did should have been allowed the room type you requested and again I am sorry this was not the case. I have discussed this with our front desk staff so that we can improve the level of service that you mentioned. Thank you again for staying with us.
Fremont, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I checked into the Embassy Suites about 9:30 pm on a Saturday night. I had made my reservation days in advance for a non-smoking room. Was told my room was on a partial smoking floor but my room was non-smoking. The room was absolutely disgusting and I had trouble breathing. They send housekeeping up to spray fragrance spray on the carpeting and furniture to disguise the smell. Did not work. After asking them to find me a room in another hotel, they moved me to a handicapped room on the first floor. Somewhat dirty...but thought I could tolerate it. At 1:30 a.m. When I decided to go to bed, I pulled down the comforter to the most disgusting bed skirt I have ever seen...complete filth and holes all over it. I had NO assurance the sheets were clean. Showered with shoes on after almost no sleep. Was moved Saturday morning to the 10th floor...room was clean and nice. The quality control in the hotel is terrible, the front staff tries to accommodate the customer, but I would not trust any floor / room in the hotel to be clean. I pray the dirty carpeting, dirty bathroom, disgusting bed linens in the handicapped room is not the standard for their handicapped customers. There are other complaints about the non-smoking /smoking floor...and this is a terrible policy. A very unpleasant and disgusting experience.
Mary
Omaha, NE

Room Tip: Do NOT stay at Embassy Suites in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us and I want to apologize that your room condition was not satisfactory. I have discussed this with my housekeeping manager and the room attendant that cleaned the room and will continue to have all of our rooms inspected before a new guest checks in. Again I am sorry that you had this experience with us and can assure you it is an isolated incident. Thank you for your business.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

This is the first time i stay in a Embassy Suite. The experience was good. I am glad to stay here. Everything was perfect. Free and secure parking. Free breakfast. And great location

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you so much for writing the review about your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens PGA Blvd. We appreciate your business and I am very happy to see you were pleased with your visit. Hope to have you back again soon.
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

My family and I are staying here for a sporting event. The hotel knew this in advance but still gave us rooms on a smoking level floor. They will tell you the room is non smoking but the entire level including our rooms smells midly like smoke. Whats worse they have no windows to open in rooms so the smoke has no where to get out. I asked for another floor and was denied a chance to move. This was just perfect considering our kids were here for sports, running, etc and they had to breath this stinke room all night.
This chain needs to get its act together and ban smoking on its properties and or everyone with the exception for smokers should stay at a hotel that is smoke free. The rooms were older in style, carpets in room looked as could need a good cleaning, I think I made my point.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us recently and we appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that the smoke odor from the adjoing room was offensive to you. We are deep cleaning and deodorize the few smoking rooms that we have as required by the brand. Your feedback helps us improve and I do appreciate it.
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Rooms - very nice, staff - very pleasent, on site restaurant - excellent, breakfast service - good. My only concern, get rid of the two fully grown swans; it is inhumane and cruel to have them in the pond in the lobby and the Hotel does not need them.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for the nice review about your recent stay with us at the Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens PGA Blvd. I am very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you back again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Lots of little problems made this an irritating and uncomfortable stay.
-- When I arrived I was given a smoking room and was told that this was due to the hotel being full. I would have been happy to wait until a room was cleaned but was not given that option.
-- A friend who had checked in ahead of me got a code for free internet but when I asked I was told this was impossible. I persisted and finally got the same code as my friend.
-- There was no waste basket in the bathroom. A small thing, I know, but an inconvenience. I had to ask twice for it.
-- No channel guide for the TV. Also small, but again I had to ask twice and finally got a photocopy.
-- There was no hot water in the morning. I was in a hurry so took a cold shower. Then there was no blow dryer. I tried to call the desk but the button on the phone for "guest services" had been removed and no one answered when I called "manager on duty." So I went dripping down to the desk and asked for one. I asked about the hot water while waiting for someone to retrieve a dryer and was told that in some bathrooms the controls are backward. What, they don't tell people this when they check in? So I tested it and no matter which direction I turned the faucet and waited, the water was cold.
-- Isn't the cleaning staff supposed to check that there's a hair dryer, the correct number of wastebaskets, etc.?
-- Internet went off and on.
-- TV signal went off and on.
-- Burn holes in the carpet in my room.
-- Tape covering rips in the hall carpet.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens - PGA Boulevard, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Embassy Sites Palm Beach Gardens PGA Blvd. I am so sorry that you had the issues while here and that the staff was not able to take care of them timely for you. I will review your comments with the team and again I am sorry that your visit was not what you expected. Thank you...Tom

Been to Embassy Suites Palm Beach Gardens - PGA Boulevard? Share your experiences!