“Overpriced, average quality (but excellent key lime pie!)” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Overpriced, average quality (but excellent key lime pie!)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband & I have dined at River House twice. Both times nothing was noticably wrong with our meal, it just wasn't worth the money we were spending for it. The steak was fine but nothing special. The only thing that would keep me coming back is the tart & delicious key lime pie- so good!

Visited July 2011

76% Recommend
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“A Classic Ruth's Chris Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Consistently great steaks and sides. great service.

Visited June 2012
“FUN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Always had a great meal with terrific service. The prime rib is to die for.

Visited April 2012
Bangor, Maine
“Always meets expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We always look forward to dining here when in Palm Beach County and were not disappointed this past weekend. We find the decor to be very comfortable, the staff to be very attentive, the wines and cocktails to be very enjoyable, and the food to be excellent - pricey for sure, yet worth the price. Another memorable evening spent at our favorite place to dine in PBC.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
south florida
“still excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I have lived practically next door to this restaurant for over 25 years and was disheartened when I read several poor reviews on it. It is expensive so I eat there episodically, usually to celebrate something special. Last night I went just to check it out again. I found it lacking in nothing. we had prime rib and it was as good as you will find anywhere in the world. I grew up in the Chicago area so I know good meat. The salad bar is still the best you will find in south Florida and the wine list is extensive. The service by Billy and Becky was impeccable, as good as you would get in the finest european restaurants. The ambiance is elegant and it is located right on the intracoastal waterway, you can watch yachts pass by while you dine. I'm very sorry to see that some of my fellow "trippers" had a bad experience but this remains one of my favorite places to dine.

• Visited May 2012