“Fabulous Spa Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PGA National Resort and Spa

You added PGA National Resort and Spa to your Saves list
PGA National Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   400 Avenue of the Champions, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
NJ
“Fabulous Spa Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2007

My best friend and I just got back from a Sheer Indulgence Spa weekend at the PGA Resort. The experience we had with regard to the Spa, staff, food, (both restaurants on the property, Shula's Steakhouse and Arezzo had superb food. The Citrus Tree and Windows on the World for Breakfast and Lunch also had ample, good food.) property, room, etc. was all top of the line. The Spa treatments were heavenly--I felt like I was floating after my Reflexology treatment. The Waters of the World pools were warm and relaxing and just really enjoyable. The spa was everything we hoped it would be.

From the beginning of the trip where we arrived late and having trouble with my credit card at check-in, the staff went above and beyond to insure that we were happy, and would get the fabulous spa experience we had come for. I would definitely go back.

Stayed May 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
denver, colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2007

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the PGA National Resort & Spa for the exceptional professionalism and the superior service level of the staff. Their efforts made a significant contribution to the success of ABN AMRO's Winter Sales Meeting (February 22nd- February 25th, 2007). Their enthusiasm, preparation and attention to detail are a reflection of management's commitment to deliver an unequaled resort experience in South East Florida.

I was also impressed by the responsiveness of your team to my client's needs during a very busy month for your resort. We were made to feel like your number one priority, even as your resort made preparations for the PGA event it was hosting the following week. All these factors contributed to the confirmation that I made a great choice in awarding the contract to the PGA National. ABN AMRO's attendees commented throughout the weekend about the service levels of your staff and the exceptional beauty of your resort. I appreciated the dedication and hard work of your entire staff during my clients stay, but I feel it is necessary to take a moment to highlight the truly exceptional service we received from two of your staff members. Bill Horn, Front Desk Manager and Kenneth Gunn our Banquet Captain.

Our meeting was a great success, because of the contributions of Bill and Kenneth. They went out of their way to respond to my client's needs in a manner that reflects positively on your management team and your resort's commitment to provide a superior experience to your customer. Each of them strove to provide a service level that exceeded the expectations of my client, while doing so with exceptional speed and professionalism.

A fact I would be remiss in excluding from my comments; is that your staff provided this outstanding service while making preparation for the PGA's Honda Classic Golf Tournament, which was scheduled to be held at your resort the following week! It made the service my group received that much more impressive. Their ability to multi-task, while maintaining a customer focus that gave my group the impression they were their only priority speaks volumes for the culture you have been able to create and nurture at the PGA National. In conclusion; Darrin Federer was the "team leader." His efforts and those of Nicolle Nie room reservations, golf, spa, food & beverage, front desk, accounting, AV and sales staff contributed to make ABN AMRO's Winter Sales Meeting both memorable and special.

I look forward to doing future business with the PGA National Resort & Spa!

Best Regards,

Jeannine

Jeannine Strampel
JAS Events, Inc.
President

• Liked — Service levels
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

I recently stayed at PGA National Resort and Spa in Palm Beach Gardens, FL for the PGA Tour's Honda Classic. It was the greatest experience I have ever had at a PGA tour event, and I have been to MANY! First of all, this is the best venue for a tour event that I have ever come across. The course owned the players, and they were very happy about that. I expect the word of mouth to travel very quickly, thus attracting even bigger names for the coming years. The accomadations were also extremely plush, and the staff was attentive to my every wish. I had a fantastic weekend at PGA National, and strongly encourage ALL to check this place out for a golf vacation!

Post Script: They also host golf groups!

Stayed March 2007
San Antonio, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2007

Rooms were large and newly refurbished-- Flat screen TVs and good beds. Some of the public areas looked a little worn. Staff was most accommodating. Breakfast buffet and room service were great. Italian restaraunt was so-so. Golf was fun. Would come again for the right price

Stayed February 2007
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2006

I am a seasoned business traveler with high expectations; especially when properties have reputations such as the PGA.
Enjoy your stay at the PGA - don't expect super amazing guest rooms as they are a wee bit worn. The staff is amazing and makes sure each guest starts and ends the day with a smile.

Lovely lobby, grounds and public spaces. The pools looked so inviting I was kicking myself for not bringing my swimsuit! My friend was able to squeeze in time for a massage and an hour or so by the pool and loved it.

I had a suite (Rm 3049) and it was very comfortable. King bed with luxury linens (bed a little hard for my taste) and six large (foam) pillows. Bedside tables were actualy large enough for more than just a lamp and phone/alarm clock - a nice feature often overlooked. Hotel resort fee includes free wireless in-room internet access; as a business traveler this was very much appreciated. Plasma-screen tv was pretty cool but was frustratingly slow when processing volume or channel changes. My room had two huge closets, plenty of hangers, two spa robes, and a separate sitting area with two large armchairs, coffee table and loveseat in which to curl up and read a book. The toiletries were PGA's own - try the apricot body lotion - lovely! Each room appears to have a balcony large enough for two chairs and small side table. The AC constantly shut off and on but kept the room cool and the humidity level low (a plus in FL). Rooms were quite - I very rarely heard guests in the hallway through my door. Another note about the doors: they are on slow hinges - meaning no sounds of slamming doors at all hours!

Front desk staff, concierge and business center staff all very helpful. Room service was very prompt and the menu was the most varied I'm ever seen. I had crab cakes one night and the open-faced crab melt sandwich another - both delish! We tried one of the onsite restaurants downstairs and enjoyed our lunch. Shula's Steakhouse is onsite as well; we had a large corporate dinner one night and everyone went back to their rooms with a full belly! All of our corporate food functions went well; ppl raved about the food.

Other hotel staff: banquets, sales, security (we had two unusual theft incidents) were all very professional and customer-oriented. The PGA is certainly a hotel that is very invested in keeping the customer happy at all costs; that says a lot about the management's goals. On a side note, I spoke at length with a room service attendant one night about the hotel's recent ownership change. A great deal of money has been poured into changing soft goods (beds, linens, etc.) and many more investments are planned.

My only regret is that I did not have time to enjoy the spa. I salivated over the brochure and didn't think the prices were too high - very competitive. A spa treatment gives you access to French mineral pools - which my friend loved after her massage.
Most ppl come for spa and golf anyway.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nashville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

Had a great time. Great resort. Rooms were very nice and roomy. Played golf twice and enjoyed the courses. Did not have time to use SPA ,but stopped in to check it out and look really nice, will try to use next time. Enjoyed the pool area and workout room. Some of the staff was rude, but overall had a really nice time. Will go back!

• Liked — hotel rooms
  • Disliked — staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Make sure you get a travel deal for the resort
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to PGA National Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!