“Fun bar inside and great pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PGA National Resort and Spa

You added PGA National Resort and Spa to your Saves list
PGA National Resort and Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   400 Avenue of the Champions, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Fun bar inside and great pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't staying at the resort, just visiting. On a Thursday, we went to the iBar and it was a pretty hoppin' place around 10:30pm. I had two Mojitos and they were great! Also tried the quesadilla...it was good but over priced. My mom ordered the chili which looked fantastic. Earlier they had great happy hour prices and specials..too bad we missed those due to flight delays :( It was a fun bar, some people were really dressed up and others were very casual. Anything goes. On Sunday we checked out the pool area. What a lovely pool with nice padded lounge chairs. The pool grill didn't open until 11:30 but they were nice enough to make us daiquiri's anyways. We had lunch there later and it was good too.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great place to have a multiday conference. Accommodation and services are excellent. Great courses as well as activities for spouses and children. A vacation spot to combine with a conference and have something for everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel was very high class and since I booked through Expidia they charged me 25.00 per night for what the called a hotel fee charge, that includes the coffee in your room,2 complimentary drinks from the bar, parking(had no choice to park the hotel is 10 min. Drive from the main road)' use of the facilities,. We checked in at 11 pm and checked out at 8am. We were told that if we stay 2 nights the service fee would be waived.
Very nice place for people with very deep pockets.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nice, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Great spa for spoiling oneself. But the rooms need a facelift. Also the rooms need soundproofing. I thought my room was under a disco, but then the next morning realized it was only another guestroom above me. In the hallway I heard several peoples private phone conversations from their rooms. I was walking down the hall and could clearly hear them talking on the phone. Not the place place for discretion.
The staff however was superb.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed for a conference for 8 days. I didn't golf but its an absolutely beautiful course. The rooms are recently redone and they are fresh.
The food was excellent.
My #1 complaint is the automatic gratuity added to everything. What it means is slow and I believe poorer service because they get a grat of 18% regardless of the service provided.

• Stayed February 2013
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just returned from a 3-night stay at this resort. Was there on business for a conference. It is a nice hotel, especially if you play golf. Since I cannot yet count that among my talents, I generally prefer to stay at beach properties. That said, the PGA resort is definitely a great place to stay, to enjoy the atmosphere and relax. There is a world class spa (which unfortunately I did not have the opportunity to experience, and their swimming pools are well maintained , with the lounge chairs all around getting terrific sun exposure. I think a big plus for families with small/young children is that the main pool has a zero-entry.

The front desk was helpful and professional and courteous, as was the rest of the hotel staff in general.

The decor, especially in the main lobby, was contemporary and well appointed. I found the entire property to be very clean throughout.

To be clear, I had a positive experience and PGA is a very nice hotel. The following however are some of the areas I think the hotel could improve:

I stayed in a Junior Suite on the 1st floor. It was spacious and well laid out. The shower was also spacious. I liked the modern feel of the bathroom - but my complain here is that the shower door opens into the shower, such that when you open the water, you instantly get sprayed. I believe the hotel would do well to consider re-engineering the shower doors to open outward, so as to minimize or avoid this situation.

The floors were laid with a Spanish style tile, but there are nice area rugs as well. I typically prefer wall to wall plush carpeting in hotel suites rather than tile floors - but hey, that's just me.

The other thing I'm wondering is why did they empty out and do away with the mini-bar ? Though it is useful at times to have an empty fridge in the room which it does have now that the hotel no longer stocks a mini-bar int he room.

Given I was there on business, it was more important that usual to have wifi access. My experience with their wifi was very frustrating in fact. For three days, my wifi connection was extremely spotty and poor at best. And I am referring to the lobby, the hallways, my suite, the conference area and outside - basically, all over the property.

In terms of the bath care products, they do provide a fine shampoo, shower gel, body lotion and facial and body bar soaps. The shampoo tube is marked conditioning shampoo (like a 2 in 1), but I feel it would be much more appreciated if a separate conditioner was provided. A 2 in 1 may save costs, but it's just not the same.

Would I stay there again? Quite possibly! And the odds increase of course the sooner I take up golf :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a 3 day stay with 3 rounds of golf that included the champion course - total cost $2500 - so we would expect good standards and great service. The organisation of the golf was first rate with your clubs and buggies ready and waiting for you, practice facilities great and drink stations and buggy food service all working well. Playing the Champion course 2 weeks before the Honda Classic you have to expect the rough to be penal and....it certainly was! Only the Squire course had greens with rogue grasses in places but they still played well...it also had a resident alligator that was just massive!
The hotel however has a few issues mentioned by previous writers - the foyer / bar area is far too noisy & difficult to get served between 6 -8pm. The piped music in the pool area would not shame a 2 star hotel in Spain but our main issue is that the reception staff ( and perhaps the manager)need to improve customer service. We had the temerity to query part of our bill - their attitude was that if we had signed for it then we would have to pay for it - well not in my book I don't - because if it was wrong then it is wrong that they try to charge for it! We were proved correct but in good hotels in the UK and Europe they would have seen the bigger picture - it left us with a sour taste (especially when 18% service is added to every bill) and to cap it all they cocked up the bill by charging it to the wrong credit card when we had specifically told them what to do the night before... so now we have been charged twice... and have the trouble of ensuring it is then corrected! A little more humility is required by hotel staff in this place!!

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Gardens
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Beach Gardens
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Beach Gar...
#2 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
4.5 of 5 stars 493 reviews
Hampton Inn Palm Beach Gardens
Hampton Inn Palm Beach Gardens
#3 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
4.5 of 5 stars 357 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm B...
#1 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
4.5 of 5 stars 371 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Beach Gardens - PGA Boulevard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Palm Be...
#5 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
4.0 of 5 stars 501 reviews
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Executive Meeting Center Palm Beach Gardens
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and E...
#7 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
4.0 of 5 stars 690 reviews
Jupiter Beach Resort
Jupiter Beach Resort
#5 of 11 in Jupiter
4.0 of 5 stars 633 reviews

Been to PGA National Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!