my husband and i celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary in July '07. our initial plan was to visit Orlando or Miami being that we'd never been to FL before. However, we wanted to do something different from the regular disney vacation or hanging out on the beach so we chose Palm Beach. I must say that after booking the trip and telling people where we were going, we then became very discouraged for picking what was considered " a location for snotty rich folk". I even tried changing the package we had but Orbitz would not allow it so we had to to go on the trip.
Boy were we glad we did. Everyone at The Breakers was far from "high faluten". From staff to guests alike, all were soooo friendly, it was unbelievable. I must say though that it became quite a pricy trip but thank God it was only for five days. However the resort has so many activities (some free and others tagged with a price) to engage in. There was the 2 hour bike tour with Eda and Summer, the many swimming pools, the beach front, snorkeling, the arcade (for the young and young-at-heart and we also did some major shopping @ the Polo Ralph Lauren and Burberry stores and the staff at the City Place Mall (12mins away) knew us as regulars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the island of Palm Beach amid 140 acres of picturesque oceanfront property, The Breakers is recognized as one of North America’s iconic resort destinations. Independently owned, this legendary resort has been completely revitalized to offer a paradise for couples, families, and special gatherings. Revel in a new tropical feeling at the glorious beachfront, play the greens, and enjoy the blissful spa, delicious dining, and incredible services energized by a genuinely caring staff, integral in helping you make fabulous memories. * Nine distinctive restaurants and five bars* A private beachfront oasis with five sparkling pools, bungalows and watersports* An oceanfront spa, offering moonlit massages amid Atlantic breezes* 36 holes of championship golf including the on-site Ocean Course and Rees Jones® Course; a golf academy* 10 lighted Har Tru tennis courts and instruction by USPTA/USPTR-certified professionals* 10 on-site boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer, Guerlain and Ralph Lauren* A family entertainment center and kids’ camp; 11 boutiques.* The Flagler Club, private club level with a private concierge and residential ambiance, Interactive Family Entertainment Center and Kid’s Camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida