“An amazing place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Palm Beach
Andover, Massachusetts
“An amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We have had two wonderful trips to The Breakers. The staff could not be kinder. It is an amazing property and a lovely place to relax. We have gone as a family of four and they are terrific about meeting the interests of all involved. Thank you to the great people at The Breakers!

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This classic 5-star hotel is worth a visit. I attended a conference here and enjoyed the great facilities, good food and well manicured lawns. If you bring your own car, valet parking is $25 a day. Room rates were good given the location right on the Atlantic. Golf course is on the property as well.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

My family just finished our 8th visit to the Breakers. Once again this one of a kind, iconic, and storied resort proved why it is certainly one of the great hotels ever conceived. Having said that...the Pillows!?! What have they done to the Pillows? Let me explain. Whenever we visited the Breakers in the past, the four pillows provided on your bed varied in softness. You could choose the pillow that best met your needs. Not any more. You are now provided with four pillows that are exactly the same, and in my opinion were equally awful. Our entire party felt the same (8 people in 4 different rooms). I called housekeeping to ask for softer pillows and I was given two of the exact same pillows. Since 1/3 of your stay will be spent sleeping, I felt it important to give prospective visitors a heads up. Under no circumstances should this prevent anyone from visiting this amazing hotel, but you might want to pack your own pillows.

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a room with a view of the Ocean. It will cost more, but few hotels are situat...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

From the moment you drive up to the property, you are blown away by the beauty and historic feel of the hotel. I was working in Palm Beach for the two days we stayed, but my husband and son started our vacation early. They both had an amazing time and plenty to do on property. They took exceptional care of my 4 year old from providing beach toys to having a game room with tons of things to keep him busy.

in terms of the property, our view was amazing (looking right over the water), the beds were very comfortable and all the little details exceeded my expectations. Highly recommend to anyone staying in the Palm Beach area.

Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Everything is excellent at this outstanding location. The facility, the staff and location are beyond compare. The cost is to be expected for such an incomparable resort. I especially cannot say enough about the staff, from the valet parking through the front desk personnel, anyone I came in contact with went out of their way to make May stay perfect.

• Stayed August 2014
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I enjoyed my recent stay at The Breakers, this is my second stay at the property.
You walk in and have the feeling of storied history, old money and luxury. The property is manicured all the way down to the finest points of the landscaping- simply gorgeous.
The front desk staff is very friendly and professional. The valet is friendly yet I had an issue in which they "lost my car" , which contained my luggage that they promised to bring up to my room. I had to go back down to the front desk twice to check on it as I could not go to bed until I received my luggage. Finally I waited at the valet stand until it was found and I brought my luggage upstairs myself. The valet acted disappointed that I did not tip him for that adventure! If it was not for this episode, I would give The Breakers an excellent rating.
There are many choices of where to dine that all are excellent. They have an amazing wine program with in depth wine lists along with very approachable, helpful sommeliers to assist in choosing the perfect beverage accompaniment to your meal. There is fabulous bar in which you can choose wonderful wines as well as cocktails etc.
I particularly enjoyed dining solo poolside on a gorgeous summer day. They have a terrific cafe/sundries shop option in which you can purchase carry out coffee, salads, sandwiches etc which included the very best jambon & fromage croissant I have ever encountered (and that includes all of France- well done!)
This is a resort and with it comes guidelines/rules so you can properly enjoy yourself in an upscale manner meaning- A Dress Code; no flip flops, no cut offs, etc.. understated Bling is encouraged. This Breakers is very Lilly Pulitzer with a side of Tory Burch and Ralph Lauren.
You don't go here to party- you go to have a lovely, relaxing, delicious luxurious time with no annoying boisterous guests ruining your perfect paradise.
There is on site shopping for that new bathing suit and pair of sandals that you must have. Also, if you feel like going for a dreamy Palm Beach walk- Worth Ave is less than a one mile walk away and you can enjoy the greenery and geckos along the way!
I enjoyed the overall experience very much and even extended my stay for a day to soak all the Palm Beach goodness in. I will return again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a full ocean view. You will need to pay an upgrade but it is worth it as they have quite a f...
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stayed here in June this year with our three boys for our fourth year in a row. In the past, this has been our Heaven, our trip to make up for all of the craziness of spring and our perfect family excursion. I have been putting off writing this review because I thought it might make me remember more good than bad--but not so much. When you get down to it, my husband and I could not BELIEVE how much we were nickled and dimed compared to other years. We are more than willing to spend--this is the place to do it. However, the prices in every single restaurant went UP, and i mean WAY up, and so did the prices in the shops, etc. The camp, which in previous years had been included in our summer program, was no longer included, which, we were told upon arrival, making our stay an extra $70 times 3 kiddos, per day. No complimentary coffee in the lobby any longer in the mornings, but rather, one must trudge to the cafe to get it for themselves, and again, pay for it. No more use of the gym in the main building where the views of the ocean are present as you use the equipment--now, suddenly, another CHARGE for this but we were welcome to use a different gym on the 2nd floor......The playground, which is one of the reasons we come, knowing that our boys will have a place to blow off some steam before the dinner hour, was CLOSED for construction while we were there. I did alert the management to the fact that we were disappointed both with the camp situation as well as the kid center, to which, we were given a bungalow for a day as an amenity to our disappointment. Really? Fine but that, in addition to the CRUMMY condition of the beach which was basically overrun with weeds, so much so that we couldn't swim, we didn't feel that the luxury we had in the past. Really too bad--perhaps the timing did have something to do with it as the kids facilities were being re-done, but no excuse really. We have loved this property for years, had it in our minds as our spot of family tradition but we are likely going to put off returning anytime soon. I will add that the housekeeping staff was beyond great and did an incredible and consistent job, the pool staff was attentive and friendly, the camp staff TERRIFIC, but the front desk staff avoids speaking to folks, unfriendly, unprofessional and really not up to par for a property such as this. We hope things perk up before we consider visiting again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!