I enjoyed my recent stay at The Breakers, this is my second stay at the property.
You walk in and have the feeling of storied history, old money and luxury. The property is manicured all the way down to the finest points of the landscaping- simply gorgeous.
The front desk staff is very friendly and professional. The valet is friendly yet I had an issue in which they "lost my car" , which contained my luggage that they promised to bring up to my room. I had to go back down to the front desk twice to check on it as I could not go to bed until I received my luggage. Finally I waited at the valet stand until it was found and I brought my luggage upstairs myself. The valet acted disappointed that I did not tip him for that adventure! If it was not for this episode, I would give The Breakers an excellent rating.
There are many choices of where to dine that all are excellent. They have an amazing wine program with in depth wine lists along with very approachable, helpful sommeliers to assist in choosing the perfect beverage accompaniment to your meal. There is fabulous bar in which you can choose wonderful wines as well as cocktails etc.
I particularly enjoyed dining solo poolside on a gorgeous summer day. They have a terrific cafe/sundries shop option in which you can purchase carry out coffee, salads, sandwiches etc which included the very best jambon & fromage croissant I have ever encountered (and that includes all of France- well done!)
This is a resort and with it comes guidelines/rules so you can properly enjoy yourself in an upscale manner meaning- A Dress Code; no flip flops, no cut offs, etc.. understated Bling is encouraged. This Breakers is very Lilly Pulitzer with a side of Tory Burch and Ralph Lauren.
You don't go here to party- you go to have a lovely, relaxing, delicious luxurious time with no annoying boisterous guests ruining your perfect paradise.
There is on site shopping for that new bathing suit and pair of sandals that you must have. Also, if you feel like going for a dreamy Palm Beach walk- Worth Ave is less than a one mile walk away and you can enjoy the greenery and geckos along the way!
I enjoyed the overall experience very much and even extended my stay for a day to soak all the Palm Beach goodness in. I will return again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of the island of Palm Beach amid 140 acres of picturesque oceanfront property, The Breakers is recognized as one of North America’s iconic resort destinations. Independently owned, this legendary resort has been completely revitalized to offer a paradise for couples, families, and special gatherings. Revel in a new tropical feeling at the glorious beachfront, play the greens, and enjoy the blissful spa, delicious dining, and incredible services energized by a genuinely caring staff, integral in helping you make fabulous memories. * Nine distinctive restaurants and five bars* A private beachfront oasis with five sparkling pools, bungalows and watersports* An oceanfront spa, offering moonlit massages amid Atlantic breezes* 36 holes of championship golf including the on-site Ocean Course and Rees Jones® Course; a golf academy* 10 lighted Har Tru tennis courts and instruction by USPTA/USPTR-certified professionals* 10 on-site boutiques including Lilly Pulitzer, Guerlain and Ralph Lauren* A family entertainment center and kids’ camp; 11 boutiques.* The Flagler Club, private club level with a private concierge and residential ambiance, Interactive Family Entertainment Center and Kid’s Camp. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Palm Beach
- The Breakers Resort
- Breakers Hotel Palm Beach
- Breakers Resort Palm Beach
- The Breakers Palm Beach, Florida